A Spirited Perfect Ten

71jason

BTW, anecdote from President's Day weekend. Two friends of mine had a 7:30 gig at DTD. One left from 192 in Kissimmee around 6 p.m. (he's maybe 2 miles west of Orange Lake, if that). He made it by 7:15, only because he jumped on the 429. On Buena Vista, he waited through 10 cycles to get past the DHS/Boardwalk light.

His partner, coming from downtown, left at 6:30. He finally took the stage at 9:20. The last hour of that was after he got off at Exit 67. And keep in mind, neither of them had to worry about parking (reserved spots for artists).

Whenever Disney Springs is eventually complete--still over 2 years out--it's going to take years to rebuild the trust/loyalty of locals. The new garage only seems to have made things worse. That is a killer reputation to have to overcome.

roj2323

BTW, anecdote from President's Day weekend. Two friends of mine had a 7:30 gig at DTD. One left from 192 in Kissimmee around 6 p.m. (he's maybe 2 miles west of Orange Lake, if that). He made it by 7:15, only because he jumped on the 429. On Buena Vista, he waited through 10 cycles to get past the DHS/Boardwalk light.

His partner, coming from downtown, left at 6:30. He finally took the stage at 9:20. The last hour of that was after he got off at Exit 67. And keep in mind, neither of them had to worry about parking (reserved spots for artists).

Whenever Disney Springs is eventually complete--still over 2 years out--it's going to take years to rebuild the trust/loyalty of locals. The new garage only seems to have made things worse. That is a killer reputation to have to overcome.

I hate to say it but that sounds more like a failure to plan ahead. Traffic does indeed suck but Hitting the road at rush hour on a holiday and expecting the drive time to be normal is hilarious. Both of your friends should have gotten off at exit 68 and most likely they should have parked in the garage on one of the upper floors.

Cesar R M

There was a crash in the main avenue between DHS and AK.
I was with a friend CM from Epcot.

I wonder if that was the reason of the backing up.

also, theres lanes closed near DTD.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Anybody who has is even remotely reasonable can understand parking is running at below 50% of what will eventually be there, and the same with the road system. I don't see people permanently being scared by the current situation,

the.dreamfinder

which is kinda ironic.
Dont you guys remember the Al Quaeda version of Mickey Mouse? the Jihadist mouse or something..
Farfur the Anti-Semetic mouse?
Farfour.jpg

Last edited:

stevehousse

So why has Uni done this with the food and water? What happens when I have my baby who only eats formula and I need to mix it with my bottle water I bring?

bhg469

So why has Uni done this with the food and water? What happens when I have my baby who only eats formula and I need to mix it with my bottle water I bring?
I don't have a problem with this because it's not a party you bring a baby to. When Mardi Gras is over, so will this policy

lazyboy97o

I don't have a problem with this because it's not a party you bring a baby to. When Mardi Gras is over, so will this policy
Mardi Gras is more of a seasonal overlay and is only at Universal Studios Florida. Someone just wantig to do some shopping or dining at CityWalk is still affected.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Which is a byproduct of insane ticket inflation. The perceived need to get every minute out of a day at the parks.
That may be a factor, but I remember in the 90s getting to a park at rope drop and finishing the night at PI at 2am without ever going back to my room almost every day for a week straight. I was young back then and could exist on very little sleep, but we did it on several trips. I know park tickets were a lot cheaper back then, but we still wanted to get every minute out of our days.

I see where you are coming from and agree that if a kid is miserable and having a fit because they are exhausted they should probably go back to the room and rest rather than trying to stretch out the day. It's better for everyone in the family. You have to know when to call it a day. I've done it multiple times. However, I don't see any problem with kids resting in a stroller either at night or for an afternoon nap to recharge.

PhotoDave219

Anybody who has is even remotely reasonable can understand parking is running at below 50% of what will eventually be there, and the same with the road system. I don't see people permanently being scared by the current situation,

Scared? No.

Vengeful and angry? Yup.

Disney's pace of construction does not make me want to visit Disney springs. Guests have to deal with ridiculous traffic in their daily lives, I assure you that they don't want to deal with it on vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom