A Spirited Perfect Ten

BernardandBianca

Little ones get tired from all the walking and can't last all day on their feet. Having a stroller allows families to continue enjoying the day while little ones rest without having to leave the park.

Allow me to disagree. We started taking our kids to WDW when they were 6 and 3. Never had a stroller, and never thought we needed one. We'd arrive at park open, and leave after the parade (there was only the MK then). And do this day after day after day, for the three or four days we went to the park. Never got a complaint, either then or to this day. Back in the day!

PhotoDave219

Little ones get tired from all the walking and can't last all day on their feet. Having a stroller allows families to continue enjoying the day while little ones rest without having to leave the park.

Okay...... thats the blatently obvious.

So what I want to know is this whole comfort items/packing for a safari habit.

PhotoDave219

Spirited Millard Fillmore Day Thoughts:

So, MM+ collapses yet again ... and on a holiday weekend ... and property wide ... and then does the same thing the next day and ponder these items:

A $2 billion plus boondoggle with absolutely no backups built in;
The man ultimately responsible for this just got elevated to COO of the company, the world's largest media and entertainment corp;
The man in charge of daily ops for WDW, the man charged with making sure tthings like this don't happen, has eyes on the top P&R prize.

Yep, this is a company heading in the right direction, sailing on smooth seas of ever increasing profits that will never end. Tell yourself that.

Speaking of Tom Staggs, it is scary, but if you look at what he's accomplished on his watch versus Jay Rasulo, he's a total and utter failure:

New Fantasyland at MK (build and opening);
Pandora at DAK;
NextGen;
SDL (most planning and all building);
Disney Springs;
More DVC;

(No, not going to give him any part of DCA 2.0 as that was all planned and budgeted and largely built by JR. Same with HKDL's three mini-lands and the two new cruise ships.)

It's like looking at the numbers that @ParentsOf4 rips apart here regularly. The bricks and mortar reality of what Staggs has accomplished in five years is pretty damning evidence that he is a total and utter failure in that position. Soak it in.

Loved SNL's 40th special last night. So much so that I wanted more. Hell, I enjoyed it more than some Emmys I've been too. Just amazing how much talent that show has bred.

So, saw there's a dude who has lots of money and time on his hands (he runs a hot sauce business, apparently ... and, no, I can't make this stuff up) who spent Valentine's Day at TDL, DL and MK to get pics in front of all three castles in one day. Says he is the first to do this (is that like in the Fanboi Book of Meaningless Records?) Look, I don't like people telling me how to spend my money, so I generally like to treat others as I'd like to be treated. Of course, I limit strongly what I tell strangers about what I spend my $$$ on. I'm glad he had fun, but I do think he's crazy. Oh, and technically he really didn't accomplish his feat because a day is not 28 hours, it's 24, even if the dateline says it's the same day. So, yeah, I fully expect him to try and do all three in 24 hours next year!

I really appreciate how well everyone has worked to keep this thread on the rails (no, I really don't give a darn how colleges are ranked and there's not even a remote tie to Disney or the business in it ... and telling people they aren't feeling 'freezing' just because the temp isn't below 32F or 0C is just crazy!)
Folks, just because someone makes a comment like ''I like grapes'' doesn't mean we have to have a six-page distraction on what country grows the best grapes and the composition of the soil in said locales. Sometimes, a comment is just that and you read it and move on ...

I admit today would be a perfect day to walk around WDW's best theme park: DAK.
(gotta get there fast before they remove every tree!)

BTW, slaughtering trees isn't just an issue in the swamps. DLR and DLP have been hacking down beautiful fully grown trees over the last year (from Condor Flats in Anaheim to Discoveryland in Paris, hack a tree is the word). What ever happened to the idea of spending the time and money to remove and relocate trees if you needed to take them out? These parks are starting to look like that 13-year-old in gym class who had a delayed puberty.

Final note: I received, and answered, a very interesting (telling?) survey from DLR last week. The questions are clearly telegraphing changes a coming (my guess is the AP program would be one thing). I'll post the questions and solicit your opinions when I have a bit more time. ... unless you want to fight over weather (my two cents worth for everyone not in FL and ******** about winter: quit your higher paying jobs, sell your homes and move to the swamps where life is a MAGICal journey every day. You can live at theme parks and beaches every day and smile because it is 76 degrees on President's Day with blue sky and sun, so come on down ... homes from the mid-400s to well over $1 million are going up by the hundreds just west of the MK in what was pristine scrub and lake country. You can all live that way, right?...well, if you're a Lifestyler, you apparently can!)

Well Millard Fillmore signed the Fugitive Slave Act. Not sure why we would want to lump him into this conversation.... unless we were discussing the college program.

lobelia

It's not just WDW. We have parents that pack mule in bags of food for all day wrestling tournaments and band competitions. Sure they kids eat but not nearly the amount brought. I think it brings comfort that you are prepared for the contingencies. I'm am not that Pinterest mom. I just go get a taco in a bag from the concession stand. I know which ones serve chicken and noodles and the ones that serve baked potatoes. My son is lucky if mom remembers to give him money to get some Gatorade or a bottle of water.

Edit: Added that my son never had a stroller at WDW, but mom and dad would allow him to sit on our shoulders when were standing in line or walking. He did not get toys to entertain him either. He had to talk to us,

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Including a picnic lunch and dinner so they can save $100 a meal per the budget board. Did you see the angst about Uni banning water and baby formula today? Good for them

That may not be a good thing at all, It could mean the savages of ISIS have something planned for Central Fl. There are very powerful and unstable liquid explosives which require only the mixing of a few premeasured ingredients. This is why no liquids through airport checkpoints.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom