A Spirited Perfect Ten

71jason

I hate to say it but that sounds more like a failure to plan ahead. Traffic does indeed suck but Hitting the road at rush hour on a holiday and expecting the drive time to be normal is hilarious. Both of your friends should have gotten off at exit 68 and most likely they should have parked in the garage on one of the upper floors.

Put the Pixie Dust down and re-read my post. I was discussing the effect such traffic has on locals' opinions/perceptions. Also if you had actually read, you'd see the one who took an hour to go 5 miles NEVER got on I-4, and that parking was not an issue because they are artists. Tho it's hard to imagine anyone seriously thinking a normal 25-30 minute commute would take 3 hours.

Forget it, I'm just going to block this foamer.

71jason

Anybody who has is even remotely reasonable can understand parking is running at below 50% of what will eventually be there, and the same with the road system. I don't see people permanently being scared by the current situation,

CityWalk proves the opposite. Still plenty of locals who won't even consider going there for dinner "because you have to pay to park."

The vast majority of Orlando locals don't know theme park message boards exist, let along read the information on here. Word of mouth is still a powerful tool.

roj2323

Put the Pixie Dust down and re-read my post. I was discussing the effect such traffic has on locals' opinions/perceptions. Also if you had actually read, you'd see the one who took an hour to go 5 miles NEVER got on I-4, and that parking was not an issue because they are artists. Tho it's hard to imagine anyone seriously thinking a normal 25-30 minute commute would take 3 hours.

Forget it, I'm just going to block this foamer.
Being a local to the area they should have expected the traffic. It is not uncommon to have an extended drive time due to the construction and being that they work at downtown Disney, even as artist, they should have known better. Having worked at WDW with a 35 minute drive time I would regularly leave for work 2 hours early during the holidays because I knew the traffic could be an issue and often was. Sometimes driving a little out of your way actually saves time and you know this if you are a local and pay attention to traffic patterns.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
CityWalk proves the opposite. Still plenty of locals who won't even consider going there for dinner "because you have to pay to park."

The vast majority of Orlando locals don't know theme park message boards exist, let along read the information on here. Word of mouth is still a powerful tool.
Yeah but that is hardly the same thing. That is a policy issue with pricing, that many would not know had changed. The issue at Spring is construction which is extremely visible.

I dont think those few that will be permanently scared by the fear of construction will be missed by Disney.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Scared? No.

Vengeful and angry? Yup.

Disney's pace of construction does not make me want to visit Disney springs. Guests have to deal with ridiculous traffic in their daily lives, I assure you that they don't want to deal with it on vacation.
It will all be forgotten about when it is done.

Besides, if people are going to get angry and vengeful over construction at Disney Springs - there might be some issues with that individual.

PhotoDave219

It will all be forgotten about when it is done.

Besides, if people are going to get angry and vengeful over construction at Disney Springs - there might be some issues with that individual.

I'll give you that but I feel they're alienating the locals.

Although that's only important if they care about the locals.

bhg469

There was no Mardi Gras celebration yesterday when the policy was implemented.
maybe it's as some are alluding to and a liquid explosive concern... I know they were insanely busy yesterday as per twitter and maybe they're keeping this policy during the whole Mardi Gras season Even on days where there is no event.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'll give you that but I feel they're alienating the locals.

Although that's only important if they care about the locals.
The locals will end up with a fantastic new venue on their doorstep. Again, if an individual can't put up with a few years of parking inconvenience in order to get that, well, it's tough. Those locals can stay away for life and leave more space for everyone that does want to visit.

bhg469

The locals will end up with a fantastic new venue on their doorstep. Again, if an individual can't put up with a few years of parking inconvenience in order to get that, well, it's tough. Those locals can stay away for life and leave more space for everyone that does want to visit.
I think we can all agree that for everyone disney upsets there are 3 people that will be visiting the following year. The locals do get the shaft quite a bit, after their annual passes are costing more and more with less benefits.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member

What if wdwmagic were going through a server problems that hindered everyone's ability to use the site readily and without a lot of frustration... and it went on for years. Do you honestly believe it wouldn't hurt both near term and long term customer interactions? Customers are fickle... not logical.

Rasvar

Yeah, that config of the roads is going to take another couple of years to complete. Once it is done, it will be a much more intelligent design than what was in place before. The ramp from the 536 exit directly in will make arriving easier. Exiting might be bad at times but will still be far better than what existed before. Plus, having a lane to keep the Disney buses out of the traffic will help both locals and on-property guests. 192 and 535 will still be a cluster, though. But that is out of their control.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
What if wdwmagic were going through a server problems that hindered everyone's ability to use the site readily and without a lot of frustration... and it went on for years. Do you honestly believe it wouldn't hurt both near term and long term customer interactions? Customers are fickle... not logical.
I'm willing to bet that Disney Springs will see higher attendance than any other similar property in Florida - including the current Downtown Disney and City Walk.

Disney Springs will be a significantly better product that Downtown Disney, and I think most reasonable people will put up with 3 years of construction to get that.

twebber55

I'm willing to bet that Disney Springs will see higher attendance than any other similar property in Florida - including the current Downtown Disney and City Walk.

Disney Springs will be a significantly better product that Downtown Disney, and I think most reasonable people will put up with 3 years of construction to get that.
absolutely agree

RSoxNo1

Perhaps it's because I hate shopping, but in the end the selling point is going to be on the actual stores and restaurants. Marketplace Co-Op intrigued me, but I wound up not buying anything there. I plan on trying The Boathouse and Morimoto Asia upon opening, but aside from that this entire project doesn't seem to be for me.

I think one of the huge benefits of City Walk is that it naturally gets the traffic from the parks. Disney Springs needs to be a convenient destination and simply put, bus transportation isn't as convenient for people.

Rasvar

We just made the educated decision to avoid that area until the construction us over.

It doesn't seem rational to get angry and vengeful over construction meant to upgrade an area.
This is my feeling also. I have no intention of driving there until the construction is better. However, I'm not going to just forget that it exists and never return. I avoid areas all the time because of construction. Sometimes a place I liked goes out of business during a project. I don't think that is going to be an issue in this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom