A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No way Disney would do that. Too much backlash. (Execs, Take note)

If they did because of 'chatter' I'd expect bottled water to drop in price to gas station prices to minimize backlash, Uni does not need to because you can get free filtered water at any of the freestyle machines.

If they do not they deserve all the heat they get.

Nubs70

That may not be a good thing at all, It could mean the savages of ISIS have something planned for Central Fl. There are very powerful and unstable liquid explosives which require only the mixing of a few premeasured ingredients. This is why no liquids through airport checkpoints.
TATP - trick is to keep it cold enough. Becomes shock sensitive therefore no need for a trigger.

TomP

Including a picnic lunch and dinner so they can save $100 a meal per the budget board. Did you see the angst about Uni banning water and baby formula today? Good for them
The Orlando Sentinel reports that only bottled water is banned. Formula and medicine are allowed. (hmmmm... I wonder if my doctor would write me a Rx for vodka?)

DisDan

God forbid you leave the park midday for a nap or a swim in the 90 degree Heat at the hotel room you just paid $600 for

I can't speak for everyone but I've never paid that much for a room and we never stay on site, making it very hard to leave and come back.

Allow me to disagree. We started taking our kids to WDW when they were 6 and 3. Never had a stroller, and never thought we needed one. We'd arrive at park open, and leave after the parade (there was only the MK then). And do this day after day after day, for the three or four days we went to the park. Never got a complaint, either then or to this day. Back in the day!

That's terrific for you, when we first went with our children our DD was 5 and our DS was 1. So not having a stroller was out of the question for us.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
(This is not aimed at you personally, so please... I mean no offense. I'm going to generalize)

Wouldn't children be better off actually getting exercise and strolling around the parks and burning off all the energy & sugar rather than being pushed around in a rickshaw?

Most people with strollers that I have seen were packed as if they were going on a five-day trek into the Amazon rain forrest. They pack that stroller like a mule with their stuff. I find society needs their stuff... not just basica survival stuff for a family of four (bottled water, diapers, snacks I totally understand) but straight up toys, stuffed animals, etc. Absolute comfort and nesting materials it seems... and things that apparently need to be left in a stroller for the savages to just steal for themselves.

I just don't get why people need to pack for survival - its a theme park and frankly MK is rather small, IMO.
Simple answer for me was it worked for us. We brought a stroller, the kids used it some times and sometimes they walked. It is a matter of comfort for the kid, but more importantly comfort for the parents. Carrying a kid through the park and back to the hotel is no fun. Maybe people think that's selfish or I'm a bad parent for doing it, but I really don't care. Honestly, I don't really get all wrapped up in the stroller debates. I went on trips to WDW before we had kids and other people with strollers never bothered me one bit. I went to WDW with kids and used a stroller and I will be going in the future with kids without a stroller. To each their own is my philosophy. You get no bonus points from me for saying you had kids but never used a stroller. I will say good for you, if that's what worked for your family and made you happy, but that's about it.

The overpacking thing is definitely true. Guilty as charged. It was however a great advantage to be able to fill the bottom of the stroller with water bottles, ponchos for rain and sweatshirts for nighttime (we were there in November). Could we have lived without it? Sure, but we had the space so why not bring it. I'll miss the storage more than the ride for the kids. We will be able to pack lighter this trip because it will be August so no sweatshirts and my youngest is fully potty trained so no need for a change of clothes in the bag for him. My wife is still gonna have to lug around a backpack or bag or something. I'm not doing it...it will ruin my tan:)

Did you just compare families with children that use strollers to bed bugs?
Yep, I think I did. Though in this particular case I'm not talking about everyone using a stroller anywhere at WDW. Really in this case the strollers are an ancillary issue, it's the kids themselves who are the problem (really their parents). We were specifically discussing strollers/kids ruining the adult vibe at DTD late night. You could add stripper poles, hard core rap and a guy dealing crystal meth in the corner to a bar and a small number of people will still show up with their kids. You will never get rid of all of the strollers/kids without making an official 21+ area or time (like my example of making the Landing 21+ after 9PM).

TomP

You could add stripper poles, hard core rap and a guy dealing crystal meth in the corner to a bar and a small number of people will still show up with their kids. You will never get rid of all of the strollers/kids without making an official 21+ area or time (like my example of making the Landing 21+ after 9PM).

It depends....are the meth dealers fur or face?

raymusiccity

The Orlando Sentinel reports that only bottled water is banned. Formula and medicine are allowed. (hmmmm... I wonder if my doctor would write me a Rx for vodka?)

Well, it's much more than bottled water....
'Visitors were forced to either discard or empty their beverage bottles before they could pass the bag check point on their way from the parking garages into CityWalk. On a busy holiday, the additional restriction added to the back-up at the checkpoint.' Uni doesn't allow any snacks or food of any kind into their establishment.

dhall

...Oh, and technically he really didn't accomplish his feat because a day is not 28 hours, it's 24, even if the dateline says it's the same day. So, yeah, I fully expect him to try and do all three in 24 hours next year!

I say you have to give it to him -- a day is only 24 hours long if you stay in one time zone. It's Feb 14 somewhere for 48 hours**

** or so. There are actually some very strange local time zones, usually off in the western pacific that have half hour adjustments, or that are 13 hours off of GMT for part of the year

dhall

Talking of gourmet burgers, my local community is making a big fuss about this joint coming in. Anyone heard of it?

View attachment 83238

It's covered in the thread, a few pages before your post. The general feeling is that it's fairly good, but overpriced for what it is.

We have one near where I work, and I've tried it a couple times but it's never going to be my first choice. The burgers are good, the fries are OK, the frozen custard deserts are pretty bad, and the layout and furniture are gawdawful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom