A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

You must not get out often.

Hmmmmm. After leaving Orlando, i'ce noticed that there really aren't as many strollers or screaming Children in this world that I thought. Like I go to the store or the mall or the supermarket and it's not wall to wall strollers running into me. I get on the MetroRail and the car Is not packed with strollers. (Smoke yes, children no).

It's a refreshing change.

BrerJon

Is looking for debachury at a resort focused more on family entertainment reasonable?

WDW is supposed to be a vacation destination for all ages, not just those with kids, and Pleasure Island (and the club zones on the DCL ships) proved for 18 years that you could have great party experiences on property without the world coming to an end.

If you're still wheeling your kids around Downtown Disney in a stroller at midnight, I think you have more to worry about in life than drunk people being noisy.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Hmmmmm. After leaving Orlando, i'ce noticed that there really aren't as many strollers or screaming Children in this world that I thought. Like I go to the store or the mall or the supermarket and it's not wall to wall strollers running into me. I get on the MetroRail and the car Is not packed with strollers. (Smoke yes, children no).

It's a refreshing change.

Just loop into a local chuck e cheese if you start feeling homesick...

Progress.City

Talking of gourmet burgers, my local community is making a big fuss about this joint coming in. Anyone heard of it?

image.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I think it depends on the convention. When you get something like a sales conference with a lot of young sales people it can get pretty crazy, but for a lot of business travelers they are looking for a good meal first and then a bar to hit afterwards, maybe with some live entertainment. People who travel frequently for work usually aren't going all out to party especially if they have important meetings the next morning. If the trip and conference is more of a "boondoggle" or a reward for being one of the top sales execs or something like that then the point is to party.

I agree on the stroller thing, but that's where I'm hoping the trend at DS could change (at least on the Landing). If these high end restaurants on the Landing primarily don't take DDP and don't feature a lot of things interesting to kids it may be a lot less of the stroller crowd, especially at night. Why go to Morimoto or a high end steakhouse and pay out of pocket when T-Rex and RFC both have lots for kids to do and take DDP. There will still be some of the stroller crowd there (they are harder to get rid of than bed bugs;)). I still think they should make the whole Landing 21+ after 9PM. Why not? There's still plenty for parents with kids to do in the rest of DS and it would make for a better "adult" environment.

Yes for those of us who travel for business 1) good meal, 2) if travelling with colleagues perhaps a good bar and 3) a place to sleep a few hours so we can get up at 0 dark hundred and catch up on email

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom