A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If he posts more construction videos I don't think I'll be able to resist ;) So much better than still aerial pictures.

I find it easy to resist - this guy is endangering other people if he was just putting himself in danger (The Mesa Verde Times guy comes to mind - He documented Horizons after it closed and/or the guy who documented river country a few years ago) my opinion would be much different.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I find it easy to resist - this guy is endangering other people if he was just putting himself in danger (The Mesa Verde Times guy comes to mind - He documented Horizons after it closed and/or the guy who documented river country a few years ago) my opinion would be much different.
A valid point, but it is a really cool video. I'm the first person to say they should shut this guy down, but I don't think it's harming anything to watch the videos. If anything the more views they get the more attention he gets and like @PhotoDave219 said, Disney is now aware.

Disney is missing a golden opportunity here. Some amateur is flying a drone over their parks and drawing a bunch of attention. Why doesn't Disney do the same thing on the Disney Parks Blog? Have a periodic flyover the new construction projects and post the videos for all to see. They could do it before regular park hours and in a safe manner so nobody would be at risk and they could give fans what they actually want. Seems like a quick, cheap and easy way to increase clicks on their site.

Mike S

A valid point, but it is a really cool video. I'm the first person to say they should shut this guy down, but I don't think it's harming anything to watch the videos. If anything the more views they get the more attention he gets and like @PhotoDave219 said, Disney is now aware.

Disney is missing a golden opportunity here. Some amateur is flying a drone over their parks and drawing a bunch of attention. Why doesn't Disney do the same thing on the Disney Parks Blog? Have a periodic flyover the new construction projects and post the videos for all to see. They could do it before regular park hours and in a safe manner so nobody would be at risk and they could give fans what they actually want. Seems like a quick, cheap and easy way to increase clicks on their site.
Plus, if Disney did their own flights and videos, they would have full control of what we see. If there's something they don't want us to see they just simply change the camera angle.

Voice of Disney sanity

I agree but it is definitely not a heavy drone. I do think it could hurt someone if it fell on them but I don't think it would be deadly. We aren't talking about a brick and there will be a lot of drag as it falls. Having said that, it's still not a good idea and I don't want to see anyone even slightly hurt by one.
That drone weighs over 2lbs. I know I own one. So yes if it fell from 200 feet or more it might kill someone. With that said what he was doing was not that dangerous because these things are VERY hard to crash but I still wouldn't take mine to disney because they are banned there and I would never risk a lifetime ban

Andrew_Ryan

The film has made $211 million in the USA (domestic box office is far more important than global as I'm sure you know ... international isn't insignificant, but it is far less important to the bottom line).

Hey Spirit, can you elaborate on this? Why is domestic box office more important to the bottom line? I did a search on domestic box office vs. international, and all the articles that came up seemed to argue against your point.

PS: Hello everyone :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
How is he endangering peoples lives anymore than their lives are already in danger just by walking outside of their house? By driving their car? Or simply by breathing everyday?

His skill set is not in question here (even thought his ability to control his drone is a lot better than many YouTube videos I have seen.)

bhg469

Someone could bring something into the Parks that circumvents security.
Really though, isn't security there an illusion? The bag checks are looking for knives and guns, maybe blunt objects. I'm positive pocket knives still make it in as well as small handguns. Circumventing security probably happens a lot more than you would think.

NowInc

Really though, isn't security there an illusion? The bag checks are looking for knives and guns, maybe blunt objects. I'm positive pocket knives still make it in as well as small handguns. Circumventing security probably happens a lot more than you would think.

They have many times. I'm sure some recall the gun found on Dinosaur a couple of years ago. Its hit or miss, at least from my experiences. I always have a camera bag when I go through...some security guards check every nook and cranny of my bag, while others only glance inside for about 2 seconds. They never ever check whats on a person (thus how weapons and alcohol get in), so its really just a false sense of security.

Voice of Disney sanity

How is he endangering peoples lives anymore than their lives are already in danger just by walking outside of their house? By driving their car? Or simply by breathing everyday?

His skill set is not in question here (even thought his ability to control his drone is a lot better than many YouTube videos I have seen.)
Yes you are right. These things aren't as dangerous as people that have never flown one think. It is flown via computer and GPS. if it loses its signal it returns to where it took off from. If you pull the stick left it flawlessly flies left. If you take the controller and smash it on the ground the drone hovers in place and returns to where it took off. If the power gets low it signals an alarm and will return to the takeoff point. I had absolutely no remote flying craft training when I got mine and yet I immediately flew it all over the place. You really have to be stupid to crash one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom