A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Maybe I just don't know AK well enough, but I'm having a hard time determining the size and scope of the things being built that are seen in this video... Also, I'm surprised no one has noticed this drone flying around yet.

I'm sure with the recent events in Paris, OC Sheriff with 'boomstick' deputies Mossberg and Remington will end it's peregrinations once and for all.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That thing is probably out of range of anything that can be safely shot in the air. I think they're going to stop this guy very soon though. He is definitely on their radar by now.

From the videos I've seen it's been 500-1000' ft in the air, Not out of range for a rock salt round these things after all are made of expanded polystyrene foam so you don't need shot with a lot of mass to take it down.

RMichael21

Maybe I just don't know AK well enough, but I'm having a hard time determining the size and scope of the things being built that are seen in this video.
Just try to find the people, cars and surrounding building, and then you should get a better idea. ;) The same thing happened with me, until I saw a "small" pickup truck on the site. :p

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That thing is probably out of range of anything that can be safely shot in the air. I think they're going to stop this guy very soon though. He is definitely on their radar by now.
I hope you are right. They need to shut this guy down. He is flying the thing over crowded parking lots and the bus stop for AK. It could cause serious injury or death if someone gets hit. I watched it, and the video was pretty cool, but it's not worth the risk to get it.

I thought the parade was sorta strange this year. You could see that about 2-3 months ago they realized that Frozen had to be a major component (let's not talk about how the film, the highest grossing animated feature of all time, opened before Christmas of 2013 now) and stuck characters every/any where. It was weird seeing the parade start with so many foamheads just walking on the pavement. Weirder that Mrs. Claus apparently was left at the North Pole.

We didn't care for Anna and Elsa's Once Upon a Frozentime Parade much either.

Any word if the Ozzy and Sharon lights will be back next year?

bhg469

I hope you are right. They need to shut this guy down. He is flying the thing over crowded parking lots and the bus stop for AK. It could cause serious injury or death if someone gets hit. I watched it, and the video was pretty cool, but it's not worth the risk to get it.
I agree but it is definitely not a heavy drone. I do think it could hurt someone if it fell on them but I don't think it would be deadly. We aren't talking about a brick and there will be a lot of drag as it falls. Having said that, it's still not a good idea and I don't want to see anyone even slightly hurt by one.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I agree but it is definitely not a heavy drone. I do think it could hurt someone if it fell on them but I don't think it would be deadly. We aren't talking about a brick and there will be a lot of drag as it falls. Having said that, it's still not a good idea and I don't want to see anyone even slightly hurt by one.
I don't know a lot about these drones, but it's good that it's at least not heavy. If they are flying it at 1,000 feet and even a piece drops off weighing a pound or 2 it could be deadly if it hit someone exactly right. Probably unlikely, but it could happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom