A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cody5294

If this movie did not have 'Star Wars' in the title would you go see it?, Word of mouth seems to be that it's an OK movie but not one which one would watch TWICE. I think the huge initial boxoffice was driven by the star wars drought.

I suppose I'll go see it sometime but DW who saw it on opening day with her BFF said 'It's OK, No need to see twice'. DW is the Star Wars fangurl in the family, I lean more towards Star Trek and B5, I did like the J.J. Abrams Star Trek movies as they were fun re-imaginings of SW:TOS.
It received an "A" CinemaScore and has a 92% audience approval rating on RottenTomatoes. I think word of mouth is much better than "ok"

Quinnmac000

I know theatres held back from putting all the show tickets online for Star Wars and I wonder if its due to the fact that Fandango is owned by NBCUniversal so for every ticket bought, they get up to 3.00 based on the convenience fee and if Disney stipulated that in the contract because I know Disney put out a release saying Tickets could be bought at the door along with AMC theatres.

MerlinTheGoat

I loved it too. The weird thing is the John Williams music didn't really catch my attention. Maybe I was paying to close attention to the movie? I'll have to see the movie again to listen to the music.
The music issue isn't just you. It's certainly not a bad score and it definitely sounds appropriate to Star Wars, but there aren't really a lot of stand-out or memorable songs like in either the originals or the prequels. The music is one area in the prequels i'd imagine most people would agree was incredible.

The one original piece I did like a lot was Rey's theme (i've been humming it lately), I like everything about Rey including her song lol!

Smiddimizer

Thanks for bringing that up, never heard about it. Here's the official statement:
http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/olcgroup/20151222_01e.pdf

The way they're putting it sounds less "on hold", and more that development is taking longer than they anticipated. Which could mean anything I suppose. Apparently plans were supposed to be finalized by the year's end.

invader

I loved it too. The weird thing is the John Williams music didn't really catch my attention. Maybe I was paying to close attention to the movie? I'll have to see the movie again to listen to the music.
Watch it again. I thought the same thing but there are definitely some very good pieces. Rey's Theme and March of the Resistence come to mind.

Cesar R M

So what does that have to do with Universal buying 470 acres? They can't build a park unless they have the top earning movie of all time???

Maybe you just fly back to disboards and let us discuss Uni plans
What is more probable? third park? or more hotels?
My guess is on hotels..
Because they know the Disney way is to milk visitors with onsite hotels.

the.dreamfinder

Meanwhile in the offices of Walt Disney Animation
image.jpeg

via @Drawingsdp on Twitter
https://twitter.com/Drawingsdp/status/679947152332738564

truecoat

What is more probable? third park? or more hotels?
My guess is on hotels..
Because they know the Disney way is to milk visitors with onsite hotels.

If it was just a shopping/hotel center, they wouldn't need 475 acres. They could do that on a property much, much smaller. This is theme park/shopping/hotel land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom