A Spirited Perfect Ten

asianway

Thank you so much for mentioning Paul F. Anderson. Just as you said, his publication was tremendous, but his practices were shady, to say the least. I would periodically email him and would get yet another half-baked excuse of an email as to why the latest publication still wasn't out including illnesses with relatives and death. Meanwhile, he found the time to write a book while he kept snowballing his paying customers. I was so bothered by what he did to the many subscribers of his pricey publication that I let him know that I would have no problem footing the bill to take legal action on behalf of those who he essentially defrauded. Somehow I managed to then rapidly get a full refund for the publication that was never delivered. The E Ticket was run by true gentleman that made a wonderful publication and delivered.
Kaff kaff ::Tales from the Laughing Place::

Mike S

The 470 acre plot of land next to the convention center is now officially owned by Universal (it closed today). Third park is full steam ahead. (Think BIG)
vwMin.jpg

I've actually got four IP predictions for the park all based on the fact it's stuff Uni already has the rights to. I only expect at the very least one of these to appear. I would be shocked if none of them do.

The first two I think are the most likely.

1. This one is obvious: Jurassic World. This is arguably the biggest IP Uni has at their disposal that isn't licensed from another studio. It can definitely have space over two parks. Now, I know a Uni monorail is totally not going to happen (it's not very likely, at least), but can you imagine if they had one that went into the park like at Disneyland and went through the Jurassic World gate as it entered? Ah, I can dream :inlove:

2. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

The more I think about it the more I want a Potter phase 3 to be as different and new as possible from Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley and focusing on a new story that's not about Harry and the gang is perfect imo :)

These next two completely depend on what happens with Nintendo at USF.

3. Pokemon.

This is the biggest franchise they have outside of Mario. If it doesn't appear in USF I expect something to appear in the new park.

4. The Legend of Zelda.

Another big franchise from Nintendo that if it doesn't appear in USF could very well happen here. I'll also say how much I would love to walk through Hyrule Castle Town recreated like Hogsmeade :inlove:

Reminder, my list is completely based on things Uni already has theme park rights to.

Smiddimizer

vwMin.jpg

I've actually got four IP predictions for the park all based on the fact it's stuff Uni already has the rights to. I only expect at the very least one of these to appear. I would be shocked if none of them do.

1. This one is obvious: Jurassic World. This is arguably the biggest IP Uni has at their disposal that isn't licensed from another studio. It can definitely have space over two parks. Now, I know a Uni monorail is totally not going to happen (it's not very likely, at least), but can you imagine if they had one that went into the park like at Disneyland and went through the Jurassic World gate as it entered? Ah, I can dream :inlove:

The more I think about it the more I want a Potter phase 3 to be as different and new as possible from Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley and focusing on a new story that's not about Harry and the gang is perfect imo :)

3. Pokemon.

This is the biggest franchise they have outside of Mario. If it doesn't appear in USF I expect something to appear in the new park.

4. The Legend of Zelda.

Another big franchise from Nintendo that if it doesn't appear in USF could very well happen here. I'll also say how much I would love to walk through Hyrule Castle Town recreated like Hogsmeade :inlove:

Reminder, my list is completely based on things Uni already has theme park rights to.

And if they're in the buying mood....please God Lord of the Rings. I'll even settle for The Hobbit.

TalkingHead

This one is obvious: Jurassic World. This is arguably the biggest IP Uni has at their disposal that isn't licensed from another studio. It can definitely have space over two parks.

Personally, I'd like them to put Jurassic World in the new park and remove JP from IOA. Not sure that would happen with Kong's placement.

JoeCamel

It is going to be hard but there better than a 50% chance that SW TFA will pass Jurassic World and be the number 1 domestic box office winner. There is no doubt it will pass JW eventually but if this movie can do in 2 weeks what JW took 7 months to do is amazing. It also looks like it will break 2 billion and possibly the record and end at just under 3 billion. Not a bad purchase by Disney.

Now lets announce phase 3 and 4 of Hollywood Studios and make phase 4 an addition to Star Wars land. If they do, it is possible there could be a new king of theme parks and that would be the park yet to be renamed passing the Magic Kingdom.

So what does that have to do with Universal buying 470 acres? They can't build a park unless they have the top earning movie of all time???

Maybe you just fly back to disboards and let us discuss Uni plans

PhotoDave219

vwMin.jpg

3. Pokemon.

4. The Legend of Zelda.

Dude, we've known about this land being bought for a very long time now....

JoeCamel

I personally think Universal will build a hotel/entertainment complex on the land and not a new park. Could make more money with the proximity to the convention center.

MerlinTheGoat

Third park is full steam ahead. (Think BIG)
Is this statement something you know as a fact because you've heard something, or just speculation?

I'm sure Universal has big plans for this land in the future, and i'd certainly imagine a third park is part of that (doubt they'd squander such a large chunk of real estate on nothing more than shopping and resorts), but i'm curious how far along the plan is. There has been a lot of talk over the years about a third gate, but i'm wondering how close it actually is.

Even the people on Orlando United seem to be mostly speculating on a third park (no one actually seems to know anything, including whether plans are actually in development at this specific time).

Quinnmac000

Is this statement something you know as a fact because you've heard something, or just speculation?

I'm sure Universal has big plans for this land in the future, and i'd certainly imagine a third park is part of that (doubt they'd squander such a large chunk of real estate on nothing more than shopping and resorts), but i'm curious how far along the plan is. There has been a lot of talk over the years about a third gate, but i'm wondering how close it actually is.

Even the people on Orlando United seem to be mostly speculating on a third park (no one actually seems to know anything, including whether plans are actually in development at this specific time).

Speculation is due to the huge amount of hiring Universal Creative did over the summer so it would be assumed they already have plans for what they are going to do

MerlinTheGoat

Speculation is due to the huge amount of hiring Universal Creative did over the summer so it would be assumed they already have plans for what they are going to do
I don't mean to sound pessimistic by any means, and you could be right about that. But i'll also mention that there are plenty of other Universal projects beyond a third Orlando park. Besides new rides/lands coming to existing Universal parks (including Nintendo), they've got a new Universal park coming to Beijing, and another apparently in Russia. So this hiring doesn't necessarily mean it's for a third Orlando park specifically.

Again I don't deny that a third park will eventually come, i'm quite sure it will be. I'm simply wondering how far ahead the project is and whether they've got a decent idea at this point of what they're building.

MerlinTheGoat

By the way, I will mention that back in June 2014 @whylightbulb dropped a somewhat exciting hint about a third Universal park. I don't have the exact thread it came from, but I do have a copy of the post. Here's what he said of the third gate at that time, perhaps he might see this newer discussion and clarify if this is still the plan-

What some have already said but only brushed over is that Universal is planning a third gate. I'm not talking about the waterpark, although that is looking to be quite spectacular in terms of waterparks and may be the first waterpark/theme park hybrid. No I'm talking about a no-holds-barred, DisneySea quality level third gate theme park. Trust me I don't use the term "DisneySea quality" lightly. Right now the resources are planned to allow that level of quality and detail. Yes I'm fully expecting that the final execution will not be as spectacular as it looks to be now by the time it goes through final budget/schedule/construction blunders, but if we end up with a full park on the level of Diagon for example, the gap between Disney and Universal will be significantly reduced.

seascape

So what does that have to do with Universal buying 470 acres? They can't build a park unless they have the top earning movie of all time???

Maybe you just fly back to disboards and let us discuss Uni plans
I was not talking about Universal and there plans. There are more posts about Star Wars TFA revenue. That is what I was talking about. Not Universal and there plans. The fact that JW was a Universal release has nothing to do with my post. But if you want to talk about Universal beating Disney in total box office revenue for 2015 go ahead. In fact I will say it now. Universal will end 2015 with the highest movie box office in North America and Worldwide. They did have more movies but that does not matter. Universal was number 1 this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom