A Spirited Perfect Ten

Astro Blaster

Dude, I know the US is far behind in
Dude, I know the US is far behind in not using the Metric System and all, but I am guessing, even using the 'New' math that the Domestic take is part of the Worldwide????
Yeah the domestic is included in the worldwide total, but it's crazy impressive that it got the worldwide opening weekend record considering it doesn't open in China until January. Until yesterday they were saying that it wouldn't break Jurassic World's record in that category, but lo and behold...

VJ

It's amusing to me that everyone mentioned has current or future ties to Star Wars. Frank Marshall is Kathy Kennedy's husband, Steven Spielberg is friends of both George Lucas and JJ Abrams, and Colin Trevorrow will be directing Episode IX. Ah, Hollywood.
Ajlz8I0.png

Cesar R M

Dude, I know the US is far behind in not using the Metric System and all, but I am guessing, even using the 'New' math that the Domestic take is part of the Worldwide????
nothing to do with math.
I made the mistake of reading "worldwide" as in "rest of the world".
so rest of the world + US.

alphac2005

Sort of like one of Hill's friends and contemporaries, Paul F. Anderson. His Persistence of Vision magazine was incredible. However, many of us ponied up bucks for issues that were never published and/or delivered. And similar to the situation with Hill, no apology or refund, let alone an explanation, was ever offered.

Thank you so much for mentioning Paul F. Anderson. Just as you said, his publication was tremendous, but his practices were shady, to say the least. I would periodically email him and would get yet another half-baked excuse of an email as to why the latest publication still wasn't out including illnesses with relatives and death. Meanwhile, he found the time to write a book while he kept snowballing his paying customers. I was so bothered by what he did to the many subscribers of his pricey publication that I let him know that I would have no problem footing the bill to take legal action on behalf of those who he essentially defrauded. Somehow I managed to then rapidly get a full refund for the publication that was never delivered. The E Ticket was run by true gentleman that made a wonderful publication and delivered.

BlueSkyDriveBy

Thank you so much for mentioning Paul F. Anderson. Just as you said, his publication was tremendous, but his practices were shady, to say the least. I would periodically email him and would get yet another half-baked excuse of an email as to why the latest publication still wasn't out including illnesses with relatives and death. Meanwhile, he found the time to write a book while he kept snowballing his paying customers.
Absolutely 100% true. :cool:

I was so bothered by what he did to the many subscribers of his pricey publication that I let him know that I would have no problem footing the bill to take legal action on behalf of those who he essentially defrauded. Somehow I managed to then rapidly get a full refund for the publication that was never delivered.
WOW!! :jawdrop:

Someone who actually managed to get their money refunded from Anderson! I am duly impressed! :joyfull:

The E Ticket was run by true gentleman that made a wonderful publication and delivered.
THIS!! ONE MILLION TIMES!!

The Janzen Brothers were all that and a bag of chips.

Leon and Jack and their glorious publication are all truly missed. :angelic:

TalkingHead

The plot is pretty threadbare and mostly cribbed from the original series.

Just now reading the reviews, but this held the movie back for me. As much as I enjoyed a couple of the new characters, the script was a disappointment and the new characters' motivations are almost nonexistent.

Mike S

I've been wondering...... One of the things I loved about Star Wars was all the practical effects. It made it so much more believable. Wasn't the push for that from JJ Abrams? What'll happen with the other movies he's not directing? I liked Jurassic World a lot but it did overdo it on the CG a bit and with the same guy directing Episode 9........ Well, you can see where I'm going with this.

GiveMeTheMusic

I've been wondering...... One of the things I loved about Star Wars was all the practical effects. It made it so much more believable. Wasn't the push for that from JJ Abrams? What'll happen with the other movies he's not directing? I liked Jurassic World a lot but it did overdo it on the CG a bit and with the same guy directing Episode 9........ Well, you can see where I'm going with this.

I was under the impression that JJ was overseeing the entire trilogy - as an exec producer or whatever I'm sure he'll be exerting influence over the other directors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom