A Spirited Perfect Ten

BrianLo

Just dropping in to drop a link....I cannot fathom why anyone would build a theme park in a large China city's immediate area of, well air...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-35026363

I especially cannot fathom why anyone would choose to build outside of Beijing. Comcast was in such a race to enter China they really didn't think things through.

Shanghai is the far smarter move and would have positioned an Orlando of China.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Yeah, unless Universal builds their park inside of a massive dome, it isn't going to go well....then again, consider how popular it would be if they DID put it inside of a massive dome.

JoeCamel

Remember how it was back in the late 60s? Maybe you don't but when you flew into LA or NYC it looked like you were flying into a solid wall of yuck. Lots of respiratory issues until strict auto and factory emission controls were instituted.

What you see today is the last 5%, that first 95% was easy, the last 5% is the tough one. China is just starting to work on the first 95% and once they do that the cities air will be much better. They are moving on it.

Arthur Wellesley

I haven't seen the film yet, but I will say that I thought the marketing was uninspiring. I remember when the trailers first broke that there were people on here who were saying the advertisements were great, but I thought they looked terrible -- kinda felt like a new boring Ice Age movie rather than an engaging emotional Pixar film. One of the things about the trailers is that it made the movie felt way more "kiddie" than other Pixar films.
I have yet to see the movie for the same reasons. Not sure what it is about the main protagonists's faces, but they just look daffy and annoying. (Imagine 1 hr & half of Darla from Finding Nemo). Nothing about the promos have made me want to open up my wallet for this one. It just doesn't look like the Pixar we've all come to know & love.

dstrawn9889

am i the only one that sees this
BFG9000.png

when the acronym BFG is typed?

Animaniac93-98

“Star Wars” and ESPN are joining forces for a lightsaber special ahead of the upcoming debut of “The Force Awakens.”

Because, why not?

"“Star Wars: Evolution of the Lightsaber Duel” will be hosted by franchise star Mark Hamill. The special will revisit the history of lightsaber duels throughout the franchise, exploring the inspiration of the fights as well as the evolution of the scenes through the movies."

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-wars-mark-hamill-lightsaber-special-espn-1201657555/

GrumpyFan

“Star Wars” and ESPN are joining forces for a lightsaber special ahead of the upcoming debut of “The Force Awakens.”

Because, why not?

"“Star Wars: Evolution of the Lightsaber Duel” will be hosted by franchise star Mark Hamill. The special will revisit the history of lightsaber duels throughout the franchise, exploring the inspiration of the fights as well as the evolution of the scenes through the movies."

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-wars-mark-hamill-lightsaber-special-espn-1201657555/

Confused about this, and why/how it belongs on ESPN, but it's got to be better than this...
images

Right?

the.dreamfinder

Unlike the offerings in Anaheim and Orlando, the Alamo Drafthouse's STAR WARS menu looks edible and delicious. It also appears the team at the Drafthouse actually put some thought into making clever connections to the franchise.
https://drafthouse.com/austin/news/star-wars-menu-specials-falcon
image.jpeg

Nerf Strips: Beef Skewers in Orange-Garlic Marinade, Pesto Sauce.

Nerfs were one of the most consumed meats in the galaxy. And, giness aside, nerf herding a was a vital — and very profitable — vocation.

Trash Compactor Pizza: Mozzarella, Blue Cheese, Pear, Pecan, Green Onion, Bacon Jam.

"What an incredible smell you've discovered!"

image.jpeg

Yoda Soba Salad: Chilled Soba Noodles, Spinach, Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Nori, Avocado, Cucumbers, Seared Tofu, Sesame Seeds. With Soy-Ginger Dressing.

Packed with delicious green foods. A wise choice, this is.

Wookie Wasaka Berry Crêpes: Chocolate Ricotta Filling, White Chocolate, Raspberries.

The Wookies are vegetarians and one of their delicacies is the Wasaka berry, a fruit that looks very much like a raspberry.

Jabba's Critter Fritter: Corn, Shrimp, and Red Pepper Friters. With Roasted Jalapeno Aioli.

Besides lording over a vast criminal empire, Jabba enjoyed eating the various insect-like creatures native to Tatooine (deep fried, of course).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom