A Spirited Perfect Ten

DisneyOutsider

so, I heard in another thread that they're charging for the star wars fireworks... a huge 69 USD for adults...

so on top of admission.. 69 USD more.. WOW!

I think you're referring to the Star Wars dessert party.

It's just a roped off section from the crowds with desserts/drinks provided, just like they do with Wishes, Illuminations and Osborne Lights. Won't affect your ability to view the fireworks with normal admission.

Next Big Thing

Well the Navy QB is black so I wouldn't call it that...but the Heisman is really a three man race between Watson, McCaffrey, and Henry. I'd like to think ESPN narrowed the poll to those three based on common sense rather than some conspiracy.
Yes, but his only reasoning for thinking that the Navy QB who could "read at the college level" was because he went to Navy and since he's in the Navy, that obviously means he's a genius, right? Not saying he isn't smart, but it's just a naive statement.

Mike S

His appearance will require an upcharge.
'Bout $69....
image.jpeg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yes, but his only reasoning for thinking that the Navy QB who could "read at the college level" was because he went to Navy and since he's in the Navy, that obviously means he's a genius, right? Not saying he isn't smart, but it's just a naive statement.

Not really - from the HuffPo

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-cooper/the-real-madness-college_b_5090744.html

The difference being that the Service Academies and the Ivy's insist that athletes meet the academic and intellectual standard expected of the REST of the student body. Does not make them geniuses but it does mean that their degrees MEAN something

Cesar R M

Just dropping in to drop a link....I cannot fathom why anyone would build a theme park in a large China city's immediate area of, well air...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-35026363

Also "Reason" magazine has a great series of articles on the history of the Star Wars franchise, the Disney purchase of said franchise and many related merchandising stories. Great read.
I still wonder.. if the chinese can build so efficiently.. why the hell they dont build parks and tree/plan lines everywhere?

Nubs70

Not really - from the HuffPo

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eric-cooper/the-real-madness-college_b_5090744.html

The difference being that the Service Academies and the Ivy's insist that athletes meet the academic and intellectual standard expected of the REST of the student body. Does not make them geniuses but it does mean that their degrees MEAN something
I also find the concept of "entity theory" interesting. I find that current HR hiring practices follow entity theory.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I also find the concept of "entity theory" interesting. I find that current HR hiring practices follow entity theory.

Well at least the bad companies use the 'entity theory' model. If Disney HR had been following that model for their entire existence Georgie K would still be a busboy and Joe Rohde would still be sculpting rockwork (he was hired as a sculptor). But it does allow HR drones to neatly pigeonhole people forever.

Cesar R M

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What a shame, the movie was good.. but some parts are puzzling.. like the cowboy part for example.

The movie in general felt like a mixture of UP and Wall E

the background sceneries are absolutely fantastic. Very weird to see super stylish characters in a ultra realistic scenery.

It's sad to see Pixar succumb to TWDC's 'Style over Substance' way of doing business, It's 'Hey it's PIXAR anything we do will make scads of money...'

doctornick

Really not surprising. Definitely not their best effort.

I haven't seen the film yet, but I will say that I thought the marketing was uninspiring. I remember when the trailers first broke that there were people on here who were saying the advertisements were great, but I thought they looked terrible -- kinda felt like a new boring Ice Age movie rather than an engaging emotional Pixar film. One of the things about the trailers is that it made the movie felt way more "kiddie" than other Pixar films.

That said, I'll see in in the theaters if I have a free day with the kids but I'm not motivated to go out of my way to see it. It will probably end up as a home rental for me.

On the flip side, I think the trailers for Zootopia have looked great and make the film seem fun for adults and children. But others disagree. It's always to see different reactions to the same source material.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom