A Spirited Perfect Ten

JoeCamel

Unlike the offerings in Anaheim and Orlando, the Alamo Drafthouse's STAR WARS menu looks edible and delicious. It also appears the team at the Drafthouse actually put some thought into making clever connections to the franchise.
https://drafthouse.com/austin/news/star-wars-menu-specials-falcon
View attachment 122568
Nerf Strips: Beef Skewers in Orange-Garlic Marinade, Pesto Sauce.

Nerfs were one of the most consumed meats in the galaxy. And, ****giness aside, nerf herding a was a vital — and very profitable — vocation.

Trash Compactor Pizza: Mozzarella, Blue Cheese, Pear, Pecan, Green Onion, Bacon Jam.

"What an incredible smell you've discovered!"

View attachment 122569

Yoda Soba Salad: Chilled Soba Noodles, Spinach, Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Nori, Avocado, Cucumbers, Seared Tofu, Sesame Seeds. With Soy-Ginger Dressing.

Packed with delicious green foods. A wise choice, this is.

Wookie Wasaka Berry Crêpes: Chocolate Ricotta Filling, White Chocolate, Raspberries.

The Wookies are vegetarians and one of their delicacies is the Wasaka berry, a fruit that looks very much like a raspberry.

Jabba's Critter Fritter: Corn, Shrimp, and Red Pepper Friters. With Roasted Jalapeno Aioli.

Besides lording over a vast criminal empire, Jabba enjoyed eating the various insect-like creatures native to Tatooine (deep fried, of course).

It looks good and I would like to try it but I am not going to Austin or the other locations to try it. Why post it here??

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I have yet to see the movie for the same reasons. Not sure what it is about the main protagonists's faces, but they just look daffy and annoying. (Imagine 1 hr & half of Darla from Finding Nemo). Nothing about the promos have made me want to open up my wallet for this one. It just doesn't look like the Pixar we've all come to know & love.

More like 'Home on The Range' set in the Jurassic age...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
“Star Wars” and ESPN are joining forces for a lightsaber special ahead of the upcoming debut of “The Force Awakens.”

Because, why not?

"“Star Wars: Evolution of the Lightsaber Duel” will be hosted by franchise star Mark Hamill. The special will revisit the history of lightsaber duels throughout the franchise, exploring the inspiration of the fights as well as the evolution of the scenes through the movies."

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-wars-mark-hamill-lightsaber-special-espn-1201657555/

Because 'Synergies'

The fan in me wants a great movie, The curmudgeon wants an epic flop which serves as the trigger for the corporate enema which burbank so desperately needs.

Cesar R M

Amazing that they spent so much in marketing... I literally had no idea it was coming out when it did. I think that was it's biggest flaw... it just sort of opened.
Agree, I didnt see much of "the great dinosaur" on TV or websites.. :\
and I frequent movie sites constantly.

infact, got more info about the Bay Verse TMNT 2 movie than anything by Pixar.
Zootophia in the other side.. is everywhere.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Perhaps they thought that dollars spent on promoting Good Dinosaur were dollars that didn't go to SW7. While $DIS wanted both to win, my suspiscion is they'd rather have TGD flop then have SW7 not make Avatar $$$.

It just goes to show what a chaotic organization TWDC is these days, I can see the logic in wanting to ensure the success of the upcoming 2 hour toy ad (heck I'm passing on a chance to see it for FREE on Dec 18 at midnight because I think it will be nothing other than a infomercial for Star Wars Toys) .

As to TGD why not simply change the release date of TGD then till next spring when it would have a chance to succeed. Once again stooping for pennies while dollars fly overhead.

the.dreamfinder

Perhaps they thought that dollars spent on promoting Good Dinosaur were dollars that didn't go to SW7. While $DIS wanted both to win, my suspiscion is they'd rather have TGD flop then have SW7 not make Avatar $$$.
edBQBeJ.gif

More thoughts later

Bairstow

I've seen a ton of advertisements for The Good Dinosaur on Disney Jr and the Disney Channel so perhaps they were just targeting their advertisements towards children.

Makes sense, as Good Dinosaur is the first Pixar movie that seems specifically intended as a kids' movie rather than their usual all-ages appeal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom