A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Not a veiled attempt at Men's Room humor I hope?
Resident Curmudgeon or not, the optimism of some insiders for the scope of current plans has to at least peak your interest? Even a little bit? By the way, I have heard that crow is a dish best served cold. Or was that revenge? Maybe I am confusing my Kahn with my Wizard of Oz again?

I see what Disney has built at WDW recently and compared to years past 'pedestrian' is a complement, I have no reason for optimism that Disney will step up it's game for the new attractions. Show me is simply that show the fans that WDW is still capable of producing an AMAZING attraction. And no simply having it built by Disney does not make it amazing.

I keep coming back to 7DMT IF it had been built as WDI designed it it would have been an e-ticket for the ages, As built it's a well themed 'Great Goofini'.

Mike S

Yes exactly. But the difference between Diagon Alley and the rest of USF is still night and day.
I'd say Harry Potter, JP, maybe Springfield....then....
but like I said, not neccessarily a bad thing.
First thing I noticed when I first went to Diagon Alley is how it's on a whole other level from the rest of the park its in. Though from what I've been reading on OU that could change when Mario & Co. come to town. They could top DA apparently :jawdrop:

Smiddimizer

First thing I noticed when I first went to Diagon Alley is how it's on a whole other level from the rest of the park its in. Though from what I've been reading on OU that could change when Mario & Co. come to town. They could top DA apparently :jawdrop:

To top DA would be no less than the best themed land in the world, since the only thing that beats it now is, what, DisneySea?

I’m curious to see how that’ll be the case. Love Nintendo but nothing about them has ever made me want to really “go there”. Then again I felt the same way about Avatar.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Part of that is all the former WDI people who got kicked out of Disney are now at UC building what Disney would not allow them to.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
To top DA would be no less than the best themed land in the world, since the only thing that beats it now is, what, DisneySea?

I’m curious to see how that’ll be the case. Love Nintendo but nothing about them has ever made me want to really “go there”. Then again I felt the same way about Avatar.

Mario does not really interest me but it will be interesting to see what TPWMNBN does with it. If it's on par or tops Springfield well... I'd say in the theme park wars the table stakes have just been raised. It's going to be really hard to top TDS though.

Iwerks64

I'm not even sure DisneySEA beats Diagonal Alley. DisneySEA as an overall park has a great theme and some beautiful areas, while DA is one (actually small area wise) land. But the sheer density of theming and placemaking and absolute stickler for detail and consistency puts Diagonal Alley over the top for me. I love DisneySEA and can't wait to go back again, but I was in shock at DA. YMMV :)

lazyboy97o

It would be hilarious if Universal built a ride using the same trackless technology as Pooh's Hunny Hunt that Disney has yet to use stateside.
The ride system is being installed at Disney's California Adventure.

keep coming back to 7DMT IF it had been built as WDI designed it it would have been an e-ticket for the ages, As built it's a well themed 'Great Goofini'.
No, it would not have because it was clearly never intended to be of that scope.

Smiddimizer

I'm not even sure DisneySEA beats Diagonal Alley. DisneySEA as an overall park has a great theme and some beautiful areas, while DA is one (actually small area wise) land. But the sheer density of theming and placemaking and absolute stickler for detail and consistency puts Diagonal Alley over the top for me. I love DisneySEA and can't wait to go back again, but I was in shock at DA. YMMV :)

It doesn’t vary much. They’re both just excellent.

Smiddimizer

Mario does not really interest me but it will be interesting to see what TPWMNBN does with it. If it's on par or tops Springfield well... I'd say in the theme park wars the table stakes have just been raised. It's going to be really hard to top TDS though.

I'm hopeful that it’ll be of much greater substance than Springfield. And I'm sorry, the what Must Not Be Named now?

choco choco

Love this photo.

main_900.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom