A Spirited Perfect Ten

flyerjab

What do you consider high enough?

I see birds (snowbirds) out there in January but I have to have the water hit 80 before I get in.

I am from the northeast and Jersey is my typical locale for going to a beach. We went to the HHI DVC this summer and it was great! I thought maybe instead of HHI in late March, we would try Vero Beach DVC instead, hoping that the water temps that far south would be tolerable.

GiveMeTheMusic

Lol, I was only asking cause on OU some people thought it was a bit off for IoA and I wondered what people would think here. The rest of your post is good as well. If only Disney had the same confidence for Frozen to go all out with it.

This is my main objection to Frozenstrom. The thematic problems aside (as if Disney cares about Epcot's themes anymore), it's lazy and wimpy. Frozen at WDW deserves to be an expansion the size of the one coming to DisneySea. It's the biggest IP they've created in decades and the best they can come up with for their "flagship" resort is an overlay on Maelstrom? They should be ashamed. They aren't, but they should be.

Mike S

This is my main objection to Frozenstrom. The thematic problems aside (as if Disney cares about Epcot's themes anymore), it's lazy and wimpy. Frozen at WDW deserves to be an expansion the size of the one coming to DisneySea. It's the biggest IP they've created in decades and the best they can come up with for their "flagship" resort is an overlay on Maelstrom? They should be ashamed. They aren't, but they should be.
I would be surprised if there weren't some people that do feel ashamed.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

ehh, i think a single ride is sufficient (although not a fan of putting in EPCOT). Not everything successful has to have an entire land.

HauntedMansionFLA

If NFL is the standard, I suspect the travel authors will be mocking WDW in that timeframe, What do we have in 2016 oh yes FrozStrom, 2017 'Soarin with Blue Cat People and Maybe a boat ride' 2018 TSPL (yawn), 2019 ??, 2020??, maybe a SWL by 2022.

Of Course Iger's out in 2018 so - everything after 2018 is up in the air. I have only one rule 'Show Me'
They could extend Iger's contract again. He could have been out of there a few years back"

GiveMeTheMusic

ehh, i think a single ride is sufficient (although not a fan of putting in EPCOT). Not everything successful has to have an entire land.

Luckily nothing else has been as successful as Frozen in recent memory for the company. In a resort where they have nothing but space, replacing an existing attraction with an overlay is absolutely maddening.

JoeCamel

I am from the northeast and Jersey is my typical locale for going to a beach. We went to the HHI DVC this summer and it was great! I thought maybe instead of HHI in late March, we would try Vero Beach DVC instead, hoping that the water temps that far south would be tolerable.

http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Vero-Beach-Pier/seatemp

Way too cold for me but the Atlantic usually is. Give me the Gulf over the east coast any day.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The most positive thing I can say about Avatar is that at least it's a means to an end for letting the park stay open at night. Even if it becomes another meh E-Ticket that nobody really cares about like Mission Space, it lets the park have Rivers of Light.

haha really. That is the most positive think you can say?

Smiddimizer

Lol, I was only asking cause on OU some people thought it was a bit off for IoA and I wondered what people would think here. The rest of your post is good as well. If only Disney had the same confidence for Frozen to go all out with it.

I think they could literally get away with anything. I personally don’t fault them for it but Universal’s parks are never that thematically cohesive anyway. Maybe that's changing but their appeal to me has more just been their great rides and occasionally (ahem but not usually) great environments.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm just going to leave this article on stock buybacks here from Forbes today. There was also an article on some other site regarding China's crackdown on corruption. I reduced my position in DIS today at a healthy gain. Had to rebalance anyway, a little too heavily invested in entertainment. http://fortune.com/2015/11/18/stock-market-buybacks/

Thanks for the article, Especially the bit about some companies spending more than they EARNED on buybacks.

Cesar R M

which is a bit ironic, since Frozen explode beyond their imagination money wise.. everyone wanted frozen stuff..
who knows if that thing will have longevity.
but a cheap redo of an existing attraction with very tiny capacity.. wont help much.
or might help (aka, claim that the attraction is the best success ever, because it will have insane lines due of its capacity)

Cesar R M

I think they could literally get away with anything. I personally don’t fault them for it but Universal’s parks are never that thematically cohesive anyway. Maybe that's changing but their appeal to me has more just been their great rides and occasionally (ahem but not usually) great environments.
I think they did a giant turnaround with the Harry Potter lands.

Last edited:

DisneyOutsider

I think did a giant turnaround with the Harry Potter lands.

Potter is fantastic, but even the design of Potter itself, which stretches across both parks, further goes to show that neither park really sticks to a cohesive theme (and I'm okay with that). Linking this back in with WDW, I think that DHS will eventually become this type of park... a catch-all for attractions/lands that don't have to blend together in perfect harmony.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom