A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Since the number one complaint about the upcoming Frozen ride is placement I thought I'd ask what you all think of the latest Universal rumor I read on Orlando United. The rumor states that The Secret Life of Pets will be getting a ride in 2017. Trackless, AA's, and no mention of 3D. It will be in Islands of Adventure and will replace the Toon Lagoon theater. Apparently a revamp of Toon Lagoon as a whole would follow sometime after. So, what do you all think?

A bit derivative from a story standpoint (Toys anyone) but the ride concept seems amazing if only DISNEY would build amazing rides and AA's at WDW

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If NFL is the standard, I suspect the travel authors will be mocking WDW in that timeframe, What do we have in 2016 oh yes FrozStrom, 2017 'Soarin with Blue Cat People and Maybe a boat ride' 2018 TSPL (yawn), 2019 ??, 2020??, maybe a SWL by 2022.

Of Course Iger's out in 2018 so - everything after 2018 is up in the air. I have only one rule 'Show Me'

In what world did you hear SWL won't be opened until 2022? By all indications from what we have heard from insiders, the timeline has been sped up and 2019 is more likely. Also, we already know that the main attraction in Pandora is using a different rise system than what Soarin uses. Also, we already know the boat ride is happening, it is not maybe. And adding in a "yawn" with Toy Story Land doesn't make it true. I would take your critiques more seriously if you weren't bending the facts to fit your narrative.

jakeman

If NFL is the standard, I suspect the travel authors will be mocking WDW in that timeframe, What do we have in 2016 oh yes FrozStrom, 2017 'Soarin with Blue Cat People and Maybe a boat ride' 2018 TSPL (yawn), 2019 ??, 2020??, maybe a SWL by 2022.

Of Course Iger's out in 2018 so - everything after 2018 is up in the air. I have only one rule 'Show Me'
I for one am incredibly excited that you are pre-disappointed all the way up through 2018. I'm even more excited that even though nothing of interest to you is coming for 3 years at least, you're still going. That amount of irony is so filling and delicious.

flyerjab

Actually DAK is the resort I visit most (and have a reservation for a GV at AKL for the marathon in Jan). I visited AK the most (or did when I still had an AP) AK is the only park where someone still loves it ie. Joe Rohde.

It's been very disheartening to see the decline of WDW over the last 10 years or so, More to see so little being built and what is done is so pedestrian.

Glad to hear that you visit DAK frequently. However, we will disagree on the construction being at the level of "pedestrian" for Pandora. It is fine if you don't like the subject matter, but what they are doing here is far from pedestrian. Maybe we will bump into each other there at some point and we can go visit your 'blue cat' people. ;)

WildcatDen

I have only one rule 'Show Me'

Not a veiled attempt at Men's Room humor I hope?
Resident Curmudgeon or not, the optimism of some insiders for the scope of current plans has to at least peak your interest? Even a little bit? By the way, I have heard that crow is a dish best served cold. Or was that revenge? Maybe I am confusing my Kahn with my Wizard of Oz again?

culturenthrills

Since the number one complaint about the upcoming Frozen ride is placement I thought I'd ask what you all think of the latest Universal rumor I read on Orlando United. The rumor states that The Secret Life of Pets will be getting a ride in 2017. Trackless, AA's, and no mention of 3D. It will be in Islands of Adventure and will replace the Toon Lagoon theater. Apparently a revamp of Toon Lagoon as a whole would follow sometime after. So, what do you all think?
Edit: It will also be coming to USH.

It would be hilarious if Universal built a ride using the same trackless technology as Pooh's Hunny Hunt that Disney has yet to use stateside.

MerlinTheGoat

To be fair, there was plenty of optimism even among insiders for New Fantasyland before it was finished. Particularly the Little Mermaid ride before it opened in California.

Visually the land isn't likely to disappoint. But i've no interest in the simulator at all. And they're keeping very quiet about the boat ride. I want the boat ride to be good, but i'm still troubled that it is being underplayed, and referring to it as a "C ticket" on the leaked plans isn't comforting whatsoever. Especially if it's incredibly short like Mine Train.

The only hope is with Joe Rohde and James Cameron. And bad movie or not, it was very pretty and had compelling environments.

Cesar R M

What about this?
cub1fjbxiaarzk2-jpg-large-jpe.119564
they are still taking their time x_x

Cesar R M

Or Rivers of Light, or Night Safaris, or the recently finished Harambe Market, or the new DAK signature restaurant, or the completely plussed Tree of Life area, or the newly expanded shopping areas...or the new Hub, or the Skipper's Cantina...or, I don't know, almost all of Disney Springs (I know people don't count that, but the money being spent still counts)...or the expansion of Soarin', or the Frozen attraction (I know, it is a travesty, but money is being spent and I still think the ride will be very good, if misplaced). Something else I like to include in this as it debuted within the last 2 years is the FoF parade in MK. Such an original parade and so much creativity, I make certain we never miss it.

@ford91exploder, next time you go to WDW - since you said your family still loves it and you own 800 DVC points - go to DAK. It is my favorite park of the 4 WDW parks. I think you will like what you see happening there. ;)
did they finally fix the tree that was dropping leaves left and right?

Cesar R M

I for one am incredibly excited that you are pre-disappointed all the way up through 2018. I'm even more excited that even though nothing of interest to you is coming for 3 years at least, you're still going. That amount of irony is so filling and delicious.
he forgot to mention ROL.

I think I'm going to skip WDW after this trip until they open Avatar and ROL.

JediMasterMatt

Edit: It will also be coming to USH.

How DARE they place this abomination in the sacred ground of Toon Lagoon!! Walt himself use to walk those very streets and gaze up at the cartoon cutouts in awe and wonder about his insignificant place in the universe in view of all that majesty.

What is shocking though is the stark contrast between Universal and Disney Parks when in comes to confidence in their own product. One seems to see opportunity and ways to take advantage of a new IP and is ready to fund an attraction so that even if the IP is not a success the attraction can be. The other does not take ANY risks and even when there is a sure fire property to take advantage of they hesitate and attempt to cut corners wherever possible.

On an amusing aside, my niece is preparing to take her first trip to a Disney Park without my somewhat dubious guidance. She's heading down to Orlando with her school band and has been asking me all sorts of questions. This summer was her first visit to WDW and the previous summer was a trip to DLR. So, she's now trying to plan her trip on her own and crossing some of the Disney info streams in her head.

She asked me - "Why is it that if I get a FastPass for IllumiNations, I can't select any other "good" FastPasses where if we used a FastPass for World of Color in California, we could immediately get other passes?"

Good question indeed... it's at this point, I had to have "the talk" with her about the differences between the two resorts.

If a 15 year old can figure out something is fishy with FP+... maybe there is hope for the future.

flyerjab

did they finally fix the tree that was dropping leaves left and right?

They better have! :mad:

Seriously though, I know that they were doing work on the ToL earlier in the year. I saw them on several different trips down doing some work. I am assuming that was for nighttime effects for the ToL, but maybe they were also doing some repair work also.

flyerjab

As is your prerogative. After F&W a few weeks ago we decided the slower pace of Vero was more up our alley this summer than WDW.

I am assuming you mean the Vero Beach DVC? If so, we are going for our first stay there over Easter 2016. If you have stayed there before, is it a nice time? Looking for something a bit more low key, but are hoping that the ocean temps are high enough to go in the water.

JoeCamel

I am assuming you mean the Vero Beach DVC? If so, we are going for our first stay there over Easter 2016. If you have stayed there before, is it a nice time? Looking for something a bit more low key, but are hoping that the ocean temps are high enough to go in the water.

What do you consider high enough?

I see birds (snowbirds) out there in January but I have to have the water hit 80 before I get in.

Mike S

How DARE they place this abomination in the sacred ground of Toon Lagoon!! Walt himself use to walk those very streets and gaze up at the cartoon cutouts in awe and wonder about his insignificant place in the universe in view of all that majesty.

What is shocking though is the stark contrast between Universal and Disney Parks when in comes to confidence in their own product. One seems to see opportunity and ways to take advantage of a new IP and is ready to fund an attraction so that even if the IP is not a success the attraction can be. The other does not take ANY risks and even when there is a sure fire property to take advantage of they hesitate and attempt to cut corners wherever possible.

On an amusing aside, my niece is preparing to take her first trip to a Disney Park without my somewhat dubious guidance. She's heading down to Orlando with her school band and has been asking me all sorts of questions. This summer was her first visit to WDW and the previous summer was a trip to DLR. So, she's now trying to plan her trip on her own and crossing some of the Disney info streams in her head.

She asked me - "Why is it that if I get a FastPass for IllumiNations, I can't select any other "good" FastPasses where if we used a FastPass for World of Color in California, we could immediately get other passes?"

Good question indeed... it's at this point, I had to have "the talk" with her about the differences between the two resorts.

If a 15 year old can figure out something is fishy with FP+... maybe there is hope for the future.
Lol, I was only asking cause on OU some people thought it was a bit off for IoA and I wondered what people would think here. The rest of your post is good as well. If only Disney had the same confidence for Frozen to go all out with it.

jakeman

We've been there a few times. It's very relaxing. We enjoy it quite a bit.

I'm not sure about the water temp. In NC I usually don't even venture to the beach until mid-July because the water before that is too cold for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom