A Spirited Perfect Ten

Rodan75

So, Disney quietly nixed Star Wars Weekends in a blog post today, blaming it on construction.

Announcing it on their official blog is about the same as sending out a press release, certainly more communication than I think most people were expecting after The Season of The Force was announced.

Bairstow

Bet they're not gonna nix the Frozen Summer Fun thing, assuming they're bringing it back for a second year.

My money would actually be on their launching one, if not multiple new shows on the center stage to try and compensate for the construction closures. Frozen's a possibility, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were year-long, if not semi-permanent Star Wars stage shows and other temporary celebration events in the Studios after the new movie comes out.

Cesar R M

More fun in Social Media......

So the people over at themepark review decided to rip on runDisney's wine and dine half marathon and it's participants last night on Twitter in what could best be described as a holy unprofessional way for a media outlet that covers the Walt Disney World resort.

Just more evidence as to why Disney should have never stooped to selling out and given special treatment to anyone with a blog.
hang on.. disney cut them and the blog owner staged a revenge attack?

Cesar R M

Well true. Alas one does not use one's official twitter for one's media outlet to start ripping on the very people that is within their target audience. And then they tried to pass it off as comedy. Ohhhh boy.

Im sure i can find a little league trophy from my youth but Im not going to get a photo of myself in front of Cinderella's Castle with all of them.
I honestly think anyone who pulls the famous maneouvers of "jokes of them, I was only pretending" or disguise something extremely rude as a "joke". deserves zero reputation.

Cesar R M

It is a sign of the times when the follow-up question to "I'm a journalist" is "What blog do you write for?"

And the good old gas-lighting technique of "I was just joking! You must not get it because you have no sense of humor/are too sensitive/lack intelligence" is not fooling anyone.
This honestly has to do more with the downfall of routers and other major news companies.. That only repeats the same they get from someone else in the other side of the world.
"Journalists" nowadays seem to hardly investigate, they just take something from a rumor blog and make it on the news.

Stevek

I honestly think anyone who pulls the famous maneouvers of "jokes of them, I was only pretending" or disguise something extremely rude as a "joke". deserves zero reputation.
They run a blog, about theme parks...should they have every been taken seriously or had any reputation? Disney should make an example of them and immediately revoke their press credentials. There are enough nutjobs out their running blogs, podcasts, etc...Disney does not need to embrace the bad ones. Folks have to learn not to bite the hand that feeds you...even if it feeds you churros and mickey ice cream bars.

alphac2005

I think you are right for those that invest on the fundamentals, but I think the stock surge Disney was experiencing before the pull back was fueled by fan investors, who were investing based on box office and consumer products and brands...and not looking at the fundamentals.

Nothing at ESPN is new the trends have been out in the open for years, there was a hope that Theme Parks, Consumer Products and Entertainment could leap over ESPN because of Frozen, Marvel and Star Wars. But that was hope and not analysis.

Disney has a lot of work to do to prepare for a competitive and less profitable sports environment. The Cable Companies proved that Disney has plenty of time to make adjustments and I personally think they are headed in the right direction, but they still have a huge exposure should cord cutting accelerate.

Having my past life in the television business, I find it wildly hilarious that there are now proclamations from the financial geniuses that cord cutting is all the sudden overblown. It's simply incredible. Their churn rates (for most providers) have slowed, but we also have an economy that is substantially healthier than it's been in several years. That's another factor. When we have our next downturn in the cycle of the economy, wait for an acceleration along with a generation that simply streams.

The numbers are incredibly misleading because several providers are throwing in television on the front-end of a broadband package at a low cost and manipulating the numbers. I guess the media wants to run with this narrative, but mark my words, it might not be next quarter, but two years from now, they'll be screaming about a growing churn rate and the millennial kids that don't want cable.

Another story where facts don't seem to matter in America. Sorry for the rant, it just annoys me. :)

lazyboy97o

The numbers are incredibly misleading because several providers are throwing in television on the front-end of a broadband package at a low cost and manipulating the numbers.
That's me. Just getting Internet would have been a lot of hoop jumping and higher price. Instead I have a cheaper "bundle" with a promised 10+ channels.

PhotoDave219

Shouldn't this thread now be moved to chit chat?

No. We still discuss very relevant business and Shanghai related topics.

Like how on every conference call, any parks and resorts growth is offset by cost overruns at Shanghai Disneyland.

So yes, your $3 soda (that was $2.50) is helping to fund the excess costs at SDL.

And if Bob keeps going to Shanghai, why aren't we seeing it? Why don't we have any PR photos of him around the park? Why is Bob being kept out of sight?

And why does Orlando have to perpetually fund all these problemed foreign parks? DLP, HKDL & now SDL have all offset any gains made by Orlando and rather than having the capability to reinvest here, they've had to bail out everything else.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No. We still discuss very relevant business and Shanghai related topics.

Like how on every conference call, any parks and resorts growth is offset by cost overruns at Shanghai Disneyland.

So yes, your $3 soda (that was $2.50) is helping to fund the excess costs at SDL.

And if Bob keeps going to Shanghai, why aren't we seeing it? Why don't we have any PR photos of him around the park? Why is Bob being kept out of sight?

And why does Orlando have to perpetually fund all these problemed foreign parks? DLP, HKDL & now SDL have all offset any gains made by Orlando and rather than having the capability to reinvest here, they've had to bail out everything else.
It's just so hard to find relevant information in this thread anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom