A Spirited Perfect Ten

rael ramone

Took a quick scan of the Q&A part of the CC transcript (on Seeking Alpha).

The Weatherman managed to use both Franchises and Brands in the same sentence. Yippee!

Staggs talking about ESPN (and indirectly about everything else) when asked about staffing is not standing still, but being focused on driving them to be both effective as well as efficient as they go forward - and saying how ESPN has been innovating and that effects how they position themselves as well as how they staff. (how THEY staff? didn't HR from Burbank come out to enforce the cuts?)

But up or down, I believe there's a sea change as far as $DIS goes.

ESPN is the largest money maker. It was also believed to forever be the most consistent. Regardless of the ups & downs of P&R and Films, everybody who wanted to watch TV had to give them $6 bucks a month for ESPN whether they wanted it or not. No matter what happened that $6 from everybody would come in.

$DIS was believed to be both a large grower as well as a safety stock. The most consistent revenues now have an increased risk associated with them - and investors who don't want that increased risk are going to sell and not come back. And if Parks & Resorts & films becomes a bigger part of the pie - P&R is susceptible to financial downturns & films are hit & miss. What happens if 'The Long Ranger' or 'Tomorrowland' starts happening to Marvel & Star Wars films (I'm thinking the anthology films).

I think it will have a more volatile future (which some people prefer - bigger dips to buy on).

rael ramone

And just got back from Spectre.

Pretty good, but not everything was handled as good as it could have been (SPECTRE itself & how it links to the other films).
Worth a matinee.

The password is Mickey Mouse

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Ask our in-house financial analyst @parentsoffour.

My take? Any gains are artificial and due to pice hikes.

And the gain in PCGS was done via blackouts of CM maingate benefit, It's amazing even with all the price increases and cuts and CAPEX in the low 9's they can only eke out 16.9 gross margin, Yet under Eisner when they were spending 24% of revenue as CAPEX they consistently had margins in the mid 20's for the mathematically challenged that's about 50% higher than today's 'run like a real business' P&R unit.

lazyboy97o

Disney Knockoffs to be knocked off shelves in China.

What are you going to do now Beijing Shijinschan Amusement Park aka "Fake Disneyland"?

Beijing Shijinshan Amusement Park is owned by the local government (Shijinshan District), they're not going to do anything that hasn't already been done following their previous embarrassment. Shanghai is rather high on the totem poll and it will protect its profits from others in the Party/Government who will try to leach off of its new massive investment.

PhotoDave219

I've never been sadder that fun with tweets got discontinued

I haven't checked the fanboi meltdown of late but I've been in touch with the receiving party and she's too busy with her new man to care.....

Edit: I double-checked and its like a one-man GamerGate. Holy crap. I regret sticking up for that guy the few times I did.

lazyboy97o

I love how they seriously have a SHREK statue in there. Did the people building the place think Shrek was Disney or could they just not think of any more Disney characters?
Because these types of things don't always come about as a result of intentionally trying to undermine a specific brand. More likely the politicians who own and operate, seeking to show their greatness by opening a world class theme park, looked up some pictures on Baidu and copies what they saw unaware of and unconcerned about branding and franchises.

brb1006

Because these types of things don't always come about as a result of intentionally trying to undermine a specific brand. More likely the politicians who own and operate, seeking to show their greatness by opening a world class theme park, looked up some pictures on Baidu and copies what they saw unaware of and unconcerned about branding and franchises.
Also the bathrooms looks dirty and terrible after seeing photos of them a while ago.

brb1006

I haven't checked the fanboi meltdown of late but I've been in touch with the receiving party and she's too busy with her new man to care.....

Edit: I double-checked and its like a one-man GamerGate. Holy crap. I regret sticking up for that guy the few times I did.
Please don't bring up GamerGate on this thread. It's been everywhere since October 2014.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom