A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

Its a TerraOgre Army.
e2c.png

PhotoDave219

More fun in Social Media......

So the people over at themepark review decided to rip on runDisney's wine and dine half marathon and it's participants last night on Twitter in what could best be described as a holy unprofessional way for a media outlet that covers the Walt Disney World resort.

Just more evidence as to why Disney should have never stooped to selling out and given special treatment to anyone with a blog.

asianway

So the people over at themepark review decided to rip on runDisney's wine and dine half marathon and it's participants last night on Twitter in what could best be described as a holy unprofessional way for a media outlet that covers the Walt Disney World resort.

Just more evidence as to why Disney should have never stooped to selling out and given special treatment to anyone with a blog.
No one should show them the folks that wear the Dopey/Star Wars/C2C full metal jacket around in January

PhotoDave219

No one should show them the folks that wear the Dopey/Star Wars/C2C full metal jacket around in January

Well true. Alas one does not use one's official twitter for one's media outlet to start ripping on the very people that is within their target audience. And then they tried to pass it off as comedy. Ohhhh boy.

Im sure i can find a little league trophy from my youth but Im not going to get a photo of myself in front of Cinderella's Castle with all of them.

Rteetz

Yes as a runner any one race finished is a big achieve especially if it's their first. Theme park review made a mockery of it. People weren't very happy with their comments and then I saw later that they were like we weren't being serious.

PhotoDave219

Yes as a runner any one race finished is a big achieve especially if it's their first. Theme park review made a mockery of it. People weren't very happy with their comments and then I saw later that they were like we weren't being serious.

Well they only said that for damage control.... They are not very well liked nor respected As for good reason

NearTheEars

Well true. Alas one does not use one's official twitter for one's media outlet to start ripping on the very people that is within their target audience. And then they tried to pass it off as comedy. Ohhhh boy.

Im sure i can find a little league trophy from my youth but Im not going to get a photo of myself in front of Cinderella's Castle with all of them.

It wasn't even funny. Not sure why I actually expected some humor.
If they kept it to one photo poking fun, I think their readership would have thought it was all in jest. But it just kept going and going and going.

PhotoDave219

It wasn't even funny. Not sure why I actually expected some humor.
If they kept it to one photo poking fun, I think their readership would have thought it was all in jest. But it just kept going and going and going.

Like I said… They're attempting damage control. And failing.

I mean… I wouldn't of bothered even bringing this up except for the fact that they are somebody who's on Disney's media list and now they're ripping on a Disney event. Only the good folks at run Disney are ed off about it.

We'll see if anything comes of this…

flynnibus

Premium Member

it was poor taste... but I think you're overreacting yourself. These folks don't aspire to be the NYT, etc.. and their human nature vs stiff news is part of their appeal to people.. even if showing the stupid side of humanity.

PhotoDave219

it was poor taste... but I think you're overreacting yourself. These folks don't aspire to be the NYT, etc.. and their human nature vs stiff news is part of their appeal to people.. even if showing the stupid side of humanity.

No, they don't. Which is the exact reason why Disney should never have put them on their media list.

Yes, they're clearly nobodies. However Disney is a very big company and for whatever reason the lurkers pay attention to what I put out, so this is more for their benefit than class as a whole.

Stitchon

Like I said… They're attempting damage control. And failing.

I mean… I wouldn't of bothered even bringing this up except for the fact that they are somebody who's on Disney's media list and now they're ripping on a Disney event. Only the good folks at run Disney are ****ed off about it.

We'll see if anything comes of this…

The RunDisney issue has segued into a fun pile-on over on Twitter. In particular, their response to getting caught stealing photos from a well-known parks photographer has started making the rounds. Can you say unwarranted self-importance?

OneDNP

It is a sign of the times when the follow-up question to "I'm a journalist" is "What blog do you write for?"

And the good old gas-lighting technique of "I was just joking! You must not get it because you have no sense of humor/are too sensitive/lack intelligence" is not fooling anyone.

MerlinTheGoat

Well they only said that for damage control.... They are not very well liked nor respected As for good reason
TPR have a reputation of being unnecessarily antagonistic to people in general. And I mean for no reason, without any provocation whatsoever. They've caught a lot of flack recently for attacking people who expressed a negative opinion for the Frozen overlay at Maelstrom. Even people who were being 100% respectful and polite when expressing this opinion. Tossing out some rather offensive name calling. It may have been discussed earlier in this topic in fact (or one of the Spirited Threads), though mods may have deleted the discussion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom