A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Or he's been asked this before by people and wanted it out there. It seems to me you took one line in an interview because it lined up with comments you have made and missed the big picture.

Considering its hit the front page of Drudge and a few other with exactly the same quote as a headline I don't believe I'm the only one thinking about this. Why is story not the headline instead or why is young Luke MIA instead Toys ... You decide

Nubs70

That's A common problem with this and other high trafficked threads - people go off on their own tangents. Everyone wants to bring their own stuff to the table.

Whether this thread has run its course, that's for @wdwmagic to say. Me? I think it's important for there to be a business related side of things in News and Rumors. These things bring relevant questions to the forefront of how Disney conducts its business and puts forth ideas that the Mouse would rather not discuss.

Unfortunately, those ideas get buried by those that simply cannot help themselves and spam these threads with nonsense.

Just another thought here, and I need someone with an accounting background here: what is with Disney Consumer Products (On the call) claiming that there is an accounting rule that says they may not count Ep7 licensing revenues Until after the movie comes out?
On your other thought, I see it as a depreciation argument. The movie must be placed "in service" before revenues can occur.

PhotoDave219

On your other thought, I see it as a depreciation argument. The movie must be placed "in service" before revenues can occur.

Thanks. That explains it. I mean, those financial people just assume that everyone listening to the call is some sort of a wall street hot shot and knows everything about accounting.

I'd love to see one of those accounting people make a fastpass ressie.

Cesar R M

Bad light -- are you kidding? Did you see his coordination? Very impressive, I say.
bunnymund_whatthe.png

So, What if this guy wasn't even drunk and just being a dumbas..?

Last edited:

Nubs70

This just paint the rest of us heavy drinkers in a bad light.
Unless the police report mentioned, how do we know he was drunk? It's not like he tore off his shirt and started doing the end zone dance or began screaming "I'm king of the world".

A funnier video would be him walking back down with the entirety of WS reacting to each step. Or WDW could have recreated a scene from Apocalypta

Cosmic Commando

Unless the police report mentioned, how do we know he was drunk? It's not like he tore off his shirt and started doing the end zone dance or began screaming "I'm king of the world".
Maybe the group of college-aged kids leading my bus from Epcot to Pop in a singalong of the SpongeBob SquarePants theme song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star was completely unrelated to Food & Wine. I have a hunch, though.

PhotoDave219

There are several other threads talking about stair climbing at Epcot. This thread should NOT be one of them.

I agree entirely. So let's take this conversation towards something more business minded.

However.... When it comes to the balance of guest service verses safety (including this stupid guy), what's the fair punishment? How far should the company go when you have morons like this and others that get out of ride vehicles And run around attractions, what do you do with them? Arrest? Trespass? Fines? These people disrupt other guests and cause a stoppage in people's vacations and with the ever escalating costs associate with WDW, can you hold these jack holes financially responsible?

alissafalco

I agree entirely. So let's take this conversation towards something more business minded.

However.... When it comes to the balance of guest service verses safety (including this stupid guy), what's the fair punishment? How far should the company go when you have morons like this and others that get out of ride vehicles And run around attractions, what do you do with them? Arrest? Trespass? Fines? These people disrupt other guests and cause a stoppage in people's vacations and with the ever escalating costs associate with WDW, can you hold these jack holes financially responsible?
All of the above and banned for life.

wdwfan100

Let's not forget, that had the pyramid climber been inured, it would have been Disneys fault for not being more proactive in preventing him from being an idiot and a law suit would have been filed.

alissafalco

I feel like banned for life is a bit extreme. I think banned for the day should be a fine punishment for the first time. If I'm drunk I don't want to be punished forever because if it. If you do it again, however, life would be okay.
hmm, I don't. He could have slipped and fell to his death in front of a crowd of people including many children. Disney needs to make an example out of this guy, that this type of behavior will not be accepted.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
hmm, I don't. He could have slipped and fell to his death in front of a crowd of people including many children. Disney needs to make an example out of this guy, that this type of behavior will not be accepted.
Judge Falco rules with an iron fist, lol. But I agree. Drunk or not, that was just a completely idiotic thing to do. Ive been hammered at Epcot to the point where I could barely walk straight but I would never even so much as open a door that I wasnt supposed to. What did this guy think would happen when he reached the top? He would be a hero?

The most upsetting thing is that there are children EVERYWHERE at Disney and this moron completely disregarded the fact that they would witness this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom