A Spirited Perfect Ten

CinematicFusion

I havent emailed him in awhile.....

...... All I know is that I think a lot of us will be avoiding the thread to avoid spoilers because some of the children around here cant seem to control themselves and have to resort to posting rampant movie speculation.

spoilers and speculation are very very different. If you are speculating what the movie is about based on the trailers and posters we have seen, that is just being a fan and having fun getting hyped up for the movie with like minded fans.
I don't want to be spoiled either!!

rael ramone

The problem with plot speculation (esp. based on theories posted by entertainment/fan sites) is that leaks on this film may very well have happened. Sites claim to know major plot points (if not the entire film). 'Speculation' may turn out to be fact because *it originated with someone who knows the facts*.

lazyboy97o

The problem with plot speculation (esp. based on theories posted by entertainment/fan sites) is that leaks on this film may very well have happened. Sites claim to know major plot points (if not the entire film). 'Speculation' may turn out to be fact because *it originated with someone who knows the facts*.
So the trailer shouldn't be discussed because J.J. Abrams knows the facts and was probably involved in the trailer? This hasn't been people posting plot break downs from insiders (which is the obstensible origin of this thread but just dealing with other specific and generic topics).

raymusiccity

Disney release date update:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cars-3-incredibles-2-get-830474
Cars 3 (sigh) and Incredibles 2 (bigger sigh) get release dates; June 2017 and June 2019 respectively.
There's also a new Ant-Man film in development called "Ant-Man and the Wasp"

'Ant-Man and the Wasp' sounds like a scary concept !!
image.jpeg

rael ramone

So the trailer shouldn't be discussed because J.J. Abrams knows the facts and was probably involved in the trailer? This hasn't been people posting plot break downs from insiders (which is the obstensible origin of this thread but just dealing with other specific and generic topics).

one piece of speculation I've seen here is the same that I've seen on a SW site that claims to have the whole plot of the film - beginning to end.

CinematicFusion

one piece of speculation I've seen here is the same that I've seen on a SW site that claims to have the whole plot of the film - beginning to end.

Right...that would be spoilers. Someone going to a site that says, "I know the Plot" and then spewing that information on a message board. Or maybe searching every toy and reading the back labels....you can get spoiled that way.
In phantom menace, if you read the John Williams score there was a major spoiler.

If you are just looking at the trailers and posters and then speculating what it all adds up to, that is not a spoiler.
That is fans being fans speculating on official Disney imagery. Nothing leaked. Again...I don't want to be spoiled either.

Part of the fun of these films is to discuss them. Why are we discussing them here. Because Disney bought Lucasfilm and is building a massive new 14 acre Star Wars land everyone is excited about. Fans aren't going crazy over that yet because it isn't close to being built and all the juice from D23 has been squeezed...but this new Star Wars movie is just around the corner.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Speaking of merchandising....I know it was already a huge thing before, and was parodied in Spaceballs, but MAN, they're really taking marketing to a whole new level this time...its EVERYWHERE!!!!!

My dear boy That's Moychendising!, Disney's Moychendising efforts make the Spaceball's parody look like a corporate training video...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
My dear boy That's Moychendising!, Disney's Moychendising efforts make the Spaceball's parody look like a corporate training video...

I don't follow the Star Wars geekdom closely, anyone know if there's been any backlash to this, or, as I'm guessing, they're eating it up like a metaphor about someone eating up something in massive quantities.

jakeman

I don't follow the Star Wars geekdom closely, anyone know if there's been any backlash to this, or, as I'm guessing, they're eating it up like a metaphor about someone eating up something in massive quantities.
Not that I've seen.

It was just as bad when Episode I came out. I remember there was a Mountain Dew display that even spoiled the "reveal" in the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom