A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cody5242

With those 4 mystery dates that Disney out you would have to think that Cruella will be one of those dates. They're most likely fast-tracking Cruella, Mulan, Dumbo, and Pinnoccio as those probably have the most potential at the box office

Phil12

Perhaps the single best reason for fans of Walt Disney World and Disneyland to like Walt Disney over today's Disney leadership, who spend billions annually on stock buybacks and dividends while domestic theme park investment levels approach near-record lows despite double-digit annual pass ticket price increases. :greedy:

Walt Disney invested to impress paying customers. :)

Today's Disney leadership "invests" to impress Wall Street. :(
Both Walt Disney and today's Disney leadership invest to make tons of money. Walt learned with Disneyland that he could use other people's money to make his dreams come true. That lesson has not been lost on today's Disney leadership (the DVC being just one example). Welcome back! Haven't seen you in awhile. :)

Cesar R M

Ahhhhhhhh.

So maybe someone needs to Let It Go instead?
fpsAIYP.gif

Perhaps the single best reason for fans of Walt Disney World and Disneyland to like Walt Disney over today's Disney leadership, who spend billions annually on stock buybacks and dividends while domestic theme park investment levels approach near-record lows despite double-digit annual pass ticket price increases. :greedy:

Walt Disney invested to impress paying customers. :)

Today's Disney leadership "invests" to impress Wall Street. :(
rgYosgN.gif

AEfx

There are a number of justifications for examining a historical figurehead such as Walt, but maybe the News and Current Events section of the boards isn't the right place.

Come on, though - this thread just floats around to many topics, and this naturally came out of a discussion about a current change Disney is making with nomenclature regarding Walt's name (the originating post is so insipid I'm not going to bother to go back to whatever that was, LOL, as I can't even recall).

In any case, what is "on topic" in this thread is incredibly fluid depending on the wave tide at the moment - I'd suggest if people want single-topic directed content, this is the last thread they should peruse.

PhotoDave219

A Disney fan site has posted on Facebook that Epcot's Soarin' will be closed January - summer, 2016. Has this been established through any contacts here, i.e. reliable sources?

I find it unlikely but I havent heard anything.

On the flip side, there hasnt been much in the way of a rehab in the ten years its been open.

Magenta Panther

You may deify Walt and ignore his grievous financial dealings if you so desire. I prefer my spreadsheet to be more balanced.

Dude, there's hardly anything "balanced" about your trash-talk of Walt. Now the trouble with that kind of guff is that it has a tendency to spread, and an untruth becomes a truth. Because of stuff like that, we've got a whole generation of kids who absolutely believe that Walt Disney was a Jew-hating anti-Semite, even though there isn't a speck of truth in it. It's been debunked over and over. In fact, when the producers of the recent Walt Disney biography on PBS held a press conference about it and were asked about the anti-Semitism rumor, the producers said that the rumor wasn't even going to be mentioned in the biography because they couldn't find any evidence that Walt was any such thing. Even Neal Gabler, the Disney biographer who Diane Disney Miller despised, admitted that he couldn't find anything credible to prop up the anti-Semite stuff.

But that rumor is still going to persist. It will never go away, thanks it being spread around by people due to ignorance or spite or a lame attempt at humor (looking at you, Seth McFarlane). That's why your gross mischaracterization of Walt's business dealings is harmful, and why I'm replying to you again about it. I've read a lot about Walt, flattering and unflattering, but nowhere have I read that he was a greedy lying con-man, as you describe him. And by the way, I don't deify Walt. As I've gotten older, I've lost a lot of heroes; my most recent loss was Bill Cosby. Walt has remained my hero because, in spite of the fact that he was flawed and human, he was, overall and in spite of everything he went through, a good and decent man. Unlike what you say about him, and that anti-Semite rumor, there is plenty of evidence for that.

AEfx

Well..... I'm not a giant fan of wall street's rent boy Bobby

I'm not a "giant fan" either. I think it's odd to be a "fan" of a CEO. But when I read some of the unreasonable, ridiculous, and downright laughable things certain folks attack him about regularly around here, controversies they try to invent to vilify him, etc. - I can say that the harder people have to work to invent or otherwise create things to criticize him about, the better he actually looks.

Cesar R M

Because someone was crying about some change of name of something meaning that Darth Iger and his minions are trying to eliminate Walt from the company...you know, different day, same poo thrown at the wall by the Darth Iger Brigade.
you mean the same kind of poo that you throw at Eisner every opportunity you have? ;)
:hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom