A Spirited Perfect Ten

Phil12

And yet...at least one of those was 100% legit.
One. Hundred. Percent.
This reminds me of the old joke:
Person One: "Only football players and ladies of the evening go to Georgia Tech."
Person Two: "My wife went to Georgia Tech!"
Person One: "What position did she play?"

Phil12

Thanks Phil it will take a bit to go through.
Here's some additional information that you might find useful. Walt Disney appealed this case to the U.S. Supreme Court, but the court did not agree to hear the case and let the Ninth Circuit Court decision stand. It's an example of how Walt carried grudges for many years and used his power to punish people with whom he disagreed. Even though Walt's illegal actions were corrected by the court decision, Walt made the working conditions for his "enemies" intolerable and extracted his revenge in later years:
http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/146/44/1549367/

https://books.google.com/books?id=X...age&q=babbitt vs disney supreme court&f=false

WildcatDen

Just a quick shout out that I am in the middle of our third round of triple secret negotiations to be just one of literally 7 Or 11 finalists to be the Spirit Voice. I mean, really? Don't forget I called the @Lee and Casper sabatical. How could I have known that. HOW?

TalkingHead

Better trailer than the last one. At least, the music -- Leia's Theme and the Binary Sunset updates -- sounds appropriately cinematic.

On the other hand (pun intended), that trailer looks like it's tacitly confirming the rumored "twist." If so, this is like the Star Wars version of Star Trek Into Darkness (in the sense that the twist is obvious from a few light years away).

Crazydisneyfanluke

Better trailer than the last one. At least, the music -- Leia's Theme and the Binary Sunset updates -- sounds appropriately cinematic.

On the other hand (pun intended), that trailer looks like it's tacitly confirming the rumored "twist." If so, this is like the Star Wars version of Star Trek Into Darkness (in the sense that the twist is obvious from a few light years away).
The music does sound amazing.

misterID

The Leila theme was great, really made me geek out all sentimentally.

Which ... twist ... are we talking about? There's like a hundred of them rumored. I will say the shot of Kylo Ren from behind without the mask definitely made me think one of the recent rumors is unbelievably believable now...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The non-paper aspect of FP+ is one of the few good parts. I wish they had just kept the old system, but with the app to make and change FPs and no paper ticket. Wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what DLR ends up with.

Yes what the system SHOULD have been all along. I despise the reservation based system but a eFastpass with kiosks in the park would have been quite useful. Always saw it like this As a normal park visitor you could get them 'day of' hotel guests would have their own hotel based kiosks (with KTTW as a 'log in' credential) where they could make them up to a day in advance of their arrival.

Atomicmickey

The Leila theme was great, really made me geek out all sentimentally.

Which ... twist ... are we talking about? There's like a hundred of them rumored. I will say the shot of Kylo Ren from behind without the mask definitely made me think one of the recent rumors is unbelievably believable now...

Please, please to any and all, don't talk about plot of the film, here.

That is all, thank you in advance for your kind considerations.

FigmentJedi

I don't see this one as a total CGI film like the prequels in any way. I think this will have a much more tactile, rough feel to it, much more like the original trilogy.

Correct. This is JJ. Physical sets and props all the way.

Prequels had plenty of miniatures and puppets. In fact, each film had more miniatures then the entire original trilogy combined. The background scenery of the prequels were oversized miniatures and digital matte paintings for the most part as it was faster and more cost effective then doing computer models (which was mostly reserved for creatures, droids and clones). It's great that TFA is using a lot of practical stuff, but the narrative that the Prequels were all CG isn't entirely true.

doctornick

I know there has been a lot of discussion about "superhero fatigue" in the past in this thread. Ant-Man is now open in China and doing very well there and has garnered over $450M worldwide -- more than the first movies for each of the Hulk, Thor and Captain America. It's likely to hit $500M when it's all said and done, which is pretty darn impressive for a C-list hero.

There's a good article recently in Forbes on the topic of alleged superhero fatigue by Mark Hughes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom