A Spirited Perfect Ten

Goofyernmost

Exactly Iger is like the Pharoah's of old who hammered out their predecessors cartouche in an attempt to erase their memory. The change on the Movies from Walt Disney to Disney is symbolic the next change along these lines will probably involve the use of just the D instead of Disney. Iger's vain enough to change the name of the company and reduce the Disney name to nothing more than a trademark
Do you get dandruff from wearing the tin foil hat?

The reality of life is that the Disney name is already nothing more then a trademark. Like any trademark it comes with a history, but, it is of little relevance anymore. No Disney of any first name currently are involved with the company and all though those of us that are old enough to know who Walt Disney was is quickly growing smaller and smaller. However, as long as the company trademark remains "Disney" that connection will never be lost until no one knows, or cares, who Walt Disney was and why his last name is part of the company. Relax you'll be dead by then.

Last edited:

Smiddimizer

This could be nothing. Or this far, far, far more disturbing.

I just did a search for an Arusha Savannah view room at AKL for next year.

Nothing. Starting 1/2. All year.

I don't see anything good come from this...

Especially if they turn it all into DVC

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Pipe down there, Phillip.

Andrew_Ryan

Do you get dandruff from wearing the tin foil hat?

The reality of life is that the Disney name is already nothing more then a trademark. Like any trademark it comes with a history, but, it is of little relevance anymore. No Disney or any first name currently are involved with the company and all though those of us that are old enough to know who Walt Disney was is quickly growing smaller and smaller. However, as long as the company trademark remains "Disney" that connection will never be lost until no one knows, or cares, who Walt Disney was and why his last name is part of the company. Relax you'll be dead by then.

I think more people just recognize the "Disney" name as a brand, and the simplification of the company name aligns with the single-word, minimalist aesthetic popular in today's branding and titling trends, like "Up", "Tangled", "Frozen", "Apple", "Google", etc.

The fixation on Walt's life by the fans and the company shows that the man is still very, very relevant at the moment. I don't think Walt will be any more forgotten in 300 years than any other historic name that you can look up on wikipedia. I have my doubts that the company will be around for that long, though.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member

I seriously think they are playing around with whats actually available for resort rooms.

I tried to book a room within hours of the AP rates being released online and was told that BC, YC, BW and AKL had all been booked. The funny thing was that the website was down for a majority of the night. I sent a polite email expressing my concern as an AP holder and I actually got a call back within 2 hours. The rep who called told me she was able to book me a room if I wanted. Shocker, considering that the 3 CM's I spoke with told me that the resorts were booked solid and there was NO way I could get a room.

SpaceMountain77

Especially if they turn it all into DVC

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Recently filed permits indicate that Animal Kingdom Lodge is scheduled for a soft goods refurbishment. Rooms may have been taken out of the inventory for the upcoming refresh.

Goofyernmost

I think more people just recognize the "Disney" name as a brand, and the simplification of the company name aligns with the single-word, minimalist aesthetic popular in today's branding and titling trends, like "Up", "Tangled", "Frozen", "Apple", "Google", etc.

The fixation on Walt's life by the fans and the company shows that the man is still very, very relevant at the moment. I don't think Walt will be any more forgotten in 300 years than any other historic name that you can look up on wikipedia. I have my doubts that the company will be around for that long, though.
Personally, I can't wait until Trump buys the place and changes it to Trumpland and Donald Trump World. That should be a hoot.

Goofyernmost

The fixation on Walt's life by the fans and the company shows that the man is still very, very relevant at the moment. I don't think Walt will be any more forgotten in 300 years than any other historic name that you can look up on wikipedia.
Sure, but, conspiracy is so much more fun to talk about.

Phil12

I seriously think they are playing around with whats actually available for resort rooms.

I tried to book a room within hours of the AP rates being released online and was told that BC, YC, BW and AKL had all been booked. The funny thing was that the website was down for a majority of the night. I sent a polite email expressing my concern as an AP holder and I actually got a call back within 2 hours. The rep who called told me she was able to book me a room if I wanted. Shocker, considering that the 3 CM's I spoke with told me that the resorts were booked solid and there was NO way I could get a room.
Availability of rooms at WDW has always been prioritized for as long as I can recall. The central reservations office (CRO) sells discounted rooms in large blocks with time and date stamps to a large number of big travel companies such as AAA, Expedia and many others. And it's true that at any given time the Disney CRO may indeed not have any rooms available for the "average" stay. In reality, Disney is never "booked solid" as room availability is highly variable dependent upon the dates you book, length of stay, number in your party and, of course, the resorts you select.

And the CM's to which you spoke were telling the truth. There was most likely no way you could get a room, through them. The CRO computer most likely showed no rooms available. But you've got to realize that all those discounted rooms sold to travel agencies are not under the control of the CRO. As far as the CRO is concerned, those rooms are booked. And the CRO can't tell you, "Call Expedia because they've got plenty of WDW rooms".

Let me give you a specific example. It's not uncommon for WDW resorts to appear to be "booked solid" during certain holiday periods. If you try and book during that time, you'll most likely fail unless there is a fortuitous cancellation that coincides with your call. Let's say you're looking to book a room for 10 days during a heavy visitation period. Instead of just booking for 10 days, try booking the maximum of 30 days and I think you'll be surprised how "suddenly" rooms become available. Just checking in a day or two earlier or later or changing the number in your party can make a difference as to whether or not you get a reservation.

And remember, the purpose is to get the reservation. Once you've got it, you can always change it and downsize later.

Also, it's no secret that some travel agencies are better than others in securing WDW reservations. Kingdom Konsultants is highly regarded in getting WDW reservations.

Several years ago I was standing at the check-in desk at the Polynesian and was told that they had no rooms available. I stepped away from the desk and called AAA on my cell phone and made a reservation for the Polynesian. I walked back up to the check-in desk and my reservation was in the system and I got my room. I had the same experience at one of the All-Star Resorts as well.

Also, based upon my personal experience over many years, I have found that booking online via any Disney owned website is often an exercise in futility.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Apple is one of the companies that has cash money to buy The Walt Disney Company. I remember Comcast tried a hostile takeover a few years back.

You might want to do your homework on that Comcast take over bid.

Comcast was under every impression that Disney would accept it. This was at the height of the Save Disney campaign and Michael Eisner used that as an excuse to stay on longer to help save the company. Basically, they suckered Comcast into doing it.

Of course… Comcast has not forgotten…

Cesar R M

Availability of rooms at WDW has always been prioritized for as long as I can recall. The central reservations office (CRO) sells discounted rooms in large blocks with time a date stamps to a large number of big travel companies such as AAA, Expedia and many others. And it's true that at any given time the Disney CRO may indeed not have any rooms available for the "average" stay. In reality, Disney is never "booked solid" as room availability is highly variable dependent upon the dates you book, length of stay, number in your party and, of course, the resorts you select.

And the CM's to which you spoke were telling the truth. There was most likely no way you could get a room, through them. The CRO computer most likely showed no rooms available. But you've got to realize that all those discounted rooms sold to travel agencies are not under the control of the CRO. As far as the CRO is concerned, those rooms are booked. And the CRO can't tell you, "Call Expedia because they've got plenty of WDW rooms".

Let me give you a specific example. It's not uncommon for WDW resorts to appear to be "booked solid" during certain holiday periods. If you try and book during that time, you'll most likely fail unless there is a fortuitous cancellation that coincides with your call. Let's say you're looking to book a room for 10 days during heavy visitation period. Instead of just booking for 10 days, try booking the maximum of 30 days and I think you'll be surprised how "suddenly" rooms become available. Just checking in a day or two earlier or later or changing the number in your party can make a difference as to whether or not you get a reservation.

And remember, the purpose is to get the reservation. Once you've got it, you can always change it and downsize later.

Also, it's no secret that some travel agencies are better than others in securing WDW reservations. Kingdom Konsultants is highly regarded in getting WDW reservations.

Several years ago I was standing at the check-in desk at the Polynesian and was told that they had no rooms available. I stepped away from the desk and called AAA on my cell phone and made a reservation for the Polynesian. I walked back up to the check-in desk and my reservation was in the system and I got my room. I had the same experience at one of the All-Star Resorts as well.

Also, based upon my personal experience over many years, I have found that booking online via any Disney owned website is often an exercise in futility.
Seconding this.. as a IT who works for concierge company that handles AAA and many other big conglomerators.. they always buy BIG blocks of rooms to resell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom