A Spirited Perfect Ten

asianway

I wouldn't call the way Disney uses these areas corporate at all. It's a small petting zoo, a place to eat, and an occasional meet and greet and arts and crafts station.
Well the jamboree was pretty much all corporate events until summer '12 when they opened it for the cars land release valve - then they started to build the seasonal stuff out there. It had a good run the past few years

StageFrenzy

You know what could really anger the WDW fans more? Changing Stitch's Great Escape and making it themed after Frozen starring Olaf.
MK_OLAF-ESCAPE1-3000x1688.png

MK_OLAF-ESCAPE2-640x359.jpg
I don't know might be a better attraction. I think I might like that.

the.dreamfinder

I'm just completely baffled as to how this great expense of changing Frontierland is what won the day. Who insisted on spending all of that on these changes instead of on the new land?
I think the image below might have something to do with it. Disneyland Drive and the access lanes to Mickey and Friends butt right up to back of house. If they wanted to preserve RoA under this iteration of SWL, those roads would likely need to be rerouted to accommodate backstage functions which can not be moved. That option would include the logistical headaches of rerouting Disneyland Drive, the overpass, and the entrance to Mickey and Friends. TDA/Burbank likely made a cost benefit analysis to determine that while the work on RoA and DLRR will take 15+ months and mean many attractions/shows will be down, it would be easier, in their view, than the other option.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

tirian

Yeesh...DL is going to be a a mess for the next year or so. I'm having a hard time imagining that transition to Star Wars land from Frontier or Fantasyland. That path wrapping behind BTMRR (adjacent to Big Thunder Ranch) is tight quarters. They're gonna have to create one heck of a buffer in that area unless I'm seeing it completely wrong in my head.
Judging from Rapunzel's tower that looms over the Haunted Mansion in the MK, I don't think WDI cares about sight lines anymore.

tirian

Star Wars could support its own gate, or at least half of one.
It will support 1/3 a park in Florida.

Tomorrowland and Toontown will remain (for the foreseeable future) the ghettoes they've become since the late 90's. There's a better way to do all of this.
No kidding! The last two times I visited DL, I spent about 30 minutes between those two lands—just long enough to ride Space Mt, buy a soft drink, and wait for a train.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I think the image below might have something to do with it. Disneyland Drive and the access lanes to Mickey and Friends butt right up to back of house. If they wanted to preserve RoA under this iteration of SWL, those roads would likely need to be rerouted to accommodate backstage functions which can not be moved. That option would include the logistical headaches of rerouting Disneyland Drive, the overpass, and the entrance to Mickey and Friends. TDA/Burbank likely made a cost benefit analysis to determine that while the work on RoA and DLRR will take 15+ months and mean many attractions/shows will be down, it would be easier, in their view, than the other option.
View attachment 113026

Don't be surprised if some things on the northern most part of that map change within the next 5 years or so.

*1023*

Cesar R M

Judging from Rapunzel's tower that looms over the Haunted Mansion in the MK, I don't think WDI cares about sight lines anymore.
I sorta agree.. I remember they still havent replanted the trees in that Area.
And you can see the backstage and giant pumps behind a big door of IASW between IASW and Tangled potties. As you go from IASW to the Haunted mansion area.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
All the more reason it has to go.
Exactly Iger is like the Pharoah's of old who hammered out their predecessors cartouche in an attempt to erase their memory. The change on the Movies from Walt Disney to Disney is symbolic the next change along these lines will probably involve the use of just the D instead of Disney. Iger's vain enough to change the name of the company and reduce the Disney name to nothing more than a trademark

RSoxNo1

I think fans would be less upset about the thematic break if Frozen was replacing Stitch instead of Maelstrom. The theming tie would be worse, but fans would be ok with it.

Sonconato

Exactly Iger is like the Pharoah's of old who hammered out their predecessors cartouche in an attempt to erase their memory. The change on the Movies from Walt Disney to Disney is symbolic the next change along these lines will probably involve the use of just the D instead of Disney. Iger's vain enough to change the name of the company and reduce the Disney name to nothing more than a trademark
You are spot on with that analogy!

rael ramone

This could be nothing. Or this far, far, far more disturbing.

I just did a search for an Arusha Savannah view room at AKL for next year.

Nothing. Starting 1/2. All year.

I don't see anything good come from this...

Especially if they turn it all into DVC

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom