A Spirited Perfect Ten

Bairstow

It's called 'entertainment' it CAN be added IF management has the desire to add it MS&S is an example it does not need a permanent home like an attraction, Even dance parties are an alternative OR just close the place and go full bore on construction and 'Git-r-DONE' without needing to consider guests.

What I despise is the cynicism shown by $DIS where they gut entertainment and close most of the attractions and expect the guests to pony up full boat for a much diminished experience.

But aren't they doing that?
There's like 3 different new Frozen shows in various places and in different formats.

What's "MS&S" ?

jakeman

But aren't they doing that?
There's like 3 different new Frozen shows in various places and in different formats.

What's "MS&S" ?
Mulch Sweat and Shears.

Their contract was not extended (or terminated, not sure with one, don't care enough to look). Someone somewhere around here said because their backstage area was in the construction path. If true seems like a simple matter to move them, but whatever.

GiveMeTheMusic

Saw this video of the news on one of my Disney Facebook groups:

It was the anchors stating what will be closed soon for the Star Wars Land at DL. They said that both the railroad and the rivers of America will close temporarily during construction (which means years I guess?) and also that the big thunder ranch will be closing too. They didn't say anything about Toontown though?

Anyone have a better idea exactly where this new land is going and if Toontown is getting the axe for sure? You would think that if it was they would have said something by now???

We've been discussing this on the Disneyland forum. TL;DR: Toontown is no longer going to be affected by SWL; the site plan has changed. The railroad is being rerouted to cut Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers of America in half, with the northern half being absorbed into SWL and the existing river set into a smaller loop. Train will run across to BTMRR and rejoin original tracks in Fantasyland. Fantasyland Theater and Big Thunder Ranch will be removed.

All of this work means Fantasmic, the railroad and all ROA attractions will be down for at least 18 months.

Bairstow

No I mean the absolute number of entertainment offerings and their crowd capacity, That has been cut way back, I'd complain just as loudly if they cut the 'Frozen' offerings even though they do not interest me.

Well that's what happens when you're preparing to pump multiple billions of dollars of new construction into a park.
They've already announced the new attractions and their long term plan.
This isn't the same situation as when the Wonders of Life closed with no replacement on the horizons, though you're treating it like it is.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well that's what happens when you're preparing to pump multiple billions of dollars of new construction into a park.
They've already announced the new attractions and their long term plan.
This isn't the same situation as when the Wonders of Life closed with no replacement on the horizons, though you're treating it like it is.

If this was a 6 month hiatus I'd agree with you but it's not, This is a situation where it will take the better part of a decade to return to previous levels, Disney is spending BILLIONS on buying back stock, Yet at their so called flagship resort and park complex they are spending a few hundred million per year on constructing new attractions, Yet that same park throws off billions in cash every year most well run companies treasure assets which generate large cash flows Not TWDC though.

If Disney were SERIOUS about the project they would close DHS for 12-18 months and get the construction DONE, That I could get behind but closing most of the attractions and removing entertainment so the park 'makes it's numbers' as a pale shadow of itself is a show of ultimate contempt for the guest experience. The assumption "The guests will ALWAYS come" is writ large all over this project.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
We've been discussing this on the Disneyland forum. TL;DR: Toontown is no longer going to be affected by SWL; the site plan has changed. The railroad is being rerouted to cut Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers of America in half, with the northern half being absorbed into SWL and the existing river set into a smaller loop. Train will run across to BTMRR and rejoin original tracks in Fantasyland. Fantasyland Theater and Big Thunder Ranch will be removed.

All of this work means Fantasmic, the railroad and all ROA attractions will be down for at least 18 months.

Ooh I can hear the screams already!

Bairstow

If this was a 6 month hiatus I'd agree with you but it's not, This is a situation where it will take the better part of a decade to return to previous levels, Disney is spending BILLIONS on buying back stock, Yet at their so called flagship resort and park complex they are spending a few hundred million per year on constructing new attractions, Yet that same park throws off billions in cash every year most well run companies treasure assets which generate large cash flows Not TWDC though.

If Disney were SERIOUS about the project they would close DHS for 12-18 months and get the construction DONE, That I could get behind but closing most of the attractions and removing entertainment so the park 'makes it's numbers' as a pale shadow of itself is a show of ultimate contempt for the guest experience. The assumption "The guests will ALWAYS come" is writ large all over this project.

How would closing an entire operating park enable faster construction than closing off the relevant peripheral areas and building them in place?
It's not like they don't have all the access they'll need.
They're not going to magically get the Star Wars land built in 18 months because they needed to drive a crane down Sunset Boulevard.

lazyboy97o

How would closing an entire operating park enable faster construction than closing off the relevant peripheral areas and building them in place?
It's not like they don't have all the access they'll need.
They're not going to magically get the Star Wars land built in 18 months because they needed to drive a crane down Sunset Boulevard.
Wouldn't closing an entire park be a bigger cut without immediate replacement?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom