A Spirited Perfect Ten

WendyGirl1979

I watched the Muppets and enjoyed it for the most part, although I could've used some brain bleach at Kermit's saying Piggy was 'sexy'. (Hey, Sesame Street freak here). I made my nieces watch with me after the first commercial to see if actual children would get anything out of it- they liked it well enough. I would watch another episode, which nowadays is high praise for me.
I also just watched Walt Disney's American Experience. Like some people upthread pointed out, there wasn't too much new info for anyone halfway into Disney history, but I liked it. I didn't necessarily agree with everything, but I do agree with the quote near the end (paraphrased) that Walt didn't get where he was by being meek or naive. To me, if he wasn't willing to fight for his dreams, his story wouldn't have resonated so much.

Next Big Thing

I liked it...but I liked 30 Rock and this seems to be a felt puppet version of that.
I hope that this "Up Late with Miss Piggy" concept allows them to still do some skits like the original show. I sort of wish they went for a variety show instead of the typical late night talk show type of deal.

Next Big Thing

I also enjoyed it. I see some good potential in it if they can turn down the really unnecessary sexual jokes.
The Muppets are sort of being let out of their Disney-fied cage here. Going back to long before Disney bought The Muppets, they were always very crude and had sexual jokes in many of their early movies/shows. Disney has just been hiding this side to them for so long, many have forgotten.

Mickey_777

I only caught one sexual joke on The Muppets and there's no way a kid was gonna get it. It's not all that different than the twin Miata's flashing their headlights at Lightening McQueen in the original Cars. The show has potential and you got to give it time to develope which I think it will.

stevehousse

Saw this video of the news on one of my Disney Facebook groups:

It was the anchors stating what will be closed soon for the Star Wars Land at DL. They said that both the railroad and the rivers of America will close temporarily during construction (which means years I guess?) and also that the big thunder ranch will be closing too. They didn't say anything about Toontown though?

Anyone have a better idea exactly where this new land is going and if Toontown is getting the axe for sure? You would think that if it was they would have said something by now???

rael ramone

Few thoughts from last trip.

Soarin line overhead was beyond filthy. Caked on dust. If it's 'on-stage', you clean it. (Goes for the bathroom floors as well).

Some Dinosaur CMs at load/unload area were wearing Chester & Hester Uniforms.....seriously...

They seem resigned that the Mouse Arrest bands won't be universally worn - plenty of references to RF cards.

Artist Point was great. (And new ribs in Africa). But just over a year a lot of places have seen a decline both sit down & quick service.

'Austin' at Kilimajaro Safari's was the best safari driver I've had in years. Informative, consistant, and spoke in a tone that, while not whispering, sounded like what a Safari driver guide would have on a real reserve. And the driver I had after him was the worst one ever. Alternated loud obnoxiousness with long extensive silences.

I've said this before - best fastpass is renting a car and driving to the park yourself.

SpaceMountain75

Remember on 30 Rock when they showed what it would look like if Liz Lemon walked like a Muppet? Those were the days.
30 Rock at it's finest.
image.jpeg

culturenthrills

Watched The Muppets and I feel it has potential. It's like a mashup of The Office and 30 Rock. But the thing that got me the most was Kermit and Ms. Piggy's breakup. That is about as raw and real I've ever seen The Muppets get. I think if they find the right balance the reality and zaniness the show will only get better.

COProgressFan

Soarin line overhead was beyond filthy. Caked on dust. If it's 'on-stage', you clean it. (Goes for the bathroom floors as well).

Some Dinosaur CMs at load/unload area were wearing Chester & Hester Uniforms.....seriously...

They seem resigned that the Mouse Arrest bands won't be universally worn - plenty of references to RF cards.

Artist Point was great. (And new ribs in Africa). But just over a year a lot of places have seen a decline both sit down & quick service.

'Austin' at Kilimajaro Safari's was the best safari driver I've had in years. Informative, consistant, and spoke in a tone that, while not whispering, sounded like what a Safari driver guide would have on a real reserve. And the driver I had after him was the worst one ever. Alternated loud obnoxiousness with long extensive silences.

I've said this before - best fastpass is renting a car and driving to the park yourself.

Glad to hear that about the RF cards. Some people just don't want to wear a band. I know in the beginning they were making it difficult to get a simple card instead (trying to "sell" the band at front desks, insisting bands were better, etc.) but I hope they've gotten away from this. I'm not sure what the training is like now that the bands have been around a few years, but if a guest asks for a card instead of a band, they should just give them one.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If you're referring to the MGM expansion, what exactly do you propose Disney opens as the Toy Story construction begins?

It's called 'entertainment' it CAN be added IF management has the desire to add it MS&S is an example it does not need a permanent home like an attraction, Even dance parties are an alternative OR just close the place and go full bore on construction and 'Git-r-DONE' without needing to consider guests.

What I despise is the cynicism shown by $DIS where they gut entertainment and close most of the attractions and expect the guests to pony up full boat for a much diminished experience.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Glad to hear that about the RF cards. Some people just don't want to wear a band. I know in the beginning they were making it difficult to get a simple card instead (trying to "sell" the band at front desks, insisting bands were better, etc.) but I hope they've gotten away from this. I'm not sure what the training is like now that the bands have been around a few years, but if a guest asks for a card instead of a band, they should just give them one.

Perhaps they have figured out that RFID cards are CHEAPER than the bands even though they don't have the long range features

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Have you noticed a theme at Disney recently, i.e. they have cut WAY back on cleaning the place which just contributes to the 'going out of business' vibe. Agree on the dining it would not be so bad if the pricing was stable but it's gone up by double digit percentages while quality has declined.

As for renting a car go National you get pick your car and drive away!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom