A Spirited Perfect Ten

Mouse Trap

Absolutely horrible.

ESPN isnt the magical sports place to work much in the same way that WDW isn't the magical place to work either. You're just a cog in a machine.

As wrong as it sounds, this is the only way for ESPN to survive until the launch or become part of a streaming service which who knows... may or may not work. Gotta do what you gotta do...

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
They really missed the boat how ever many years back (may have been before Disney ever got involved) in regional sports channels like Fox has.

Or even Comcast. Comcast Sportsnet (CSN) started in Philly as PRISM with the Phillies and the Flyers in the early 80s and grew into the network it is. As Comcast got bigger, they started doing that in other cities. Fantastic idea Imo.

If they do not release their already developed paid app streaming product soon, they are fools. They own the rights that matter in sports. They charge a subscription rate to their content servers. The people consuming the content are ditching the old content providers.

Skip the middle man. Deliver the content directly and get you 6 bucks from each of them that way. You already deliver content via the Watch app...just charge for it. You can still get those same ad revenues you used to have...

Anyway...yeah, lots of Disney media weirdness the last few months. Youshould follow the fallout of Relativity and the execs that are being swiped left and right upon sale.

*1023*

NearTheEars

As wrong as it sounds, this is the only way for ESPN to survive until the launch or become part of a streaming service which who knows... may or may not work. Gotta do what you gotta do...

ESPN, ESPN 2 and the Watch ESPN App already on the Sling TV streaming lineup for $20 a month. I'm about 2 months in and it is working OK. Sling isn't always reliable on premier night for some big shows, but definitely worth the $20 IMO.

jakeman

If they do not release their already developed paid app streaming product soon, they are fools. They own the rights that matter in sports. They charge a subscription rate to their content servers. The people consuming the content are ditching the old content providers.

Skip the middle man. Deliver the content directly and get you 6 bucks from each of them that way. You already deliver content via the Watch app...just charge for it. You can still get those same ad revenues you used to have...

Anyway...yeah, lots of Disney media weirdness the last few months. Youshould follow the fallout of Relativity and the execs that are being swiped left and right upon sale.

*1023*
I'd gladly pay 5 or 10 bucks during college sport seasons for access to ESPN3 (which my provider blocks).

PhotoDave219

The fun part is they HAVE a streaming service adn it works really well. Its just not a standalone service quite yet. You have to have a cable subscription to use it.

Which reminds me, i need to sub to HBOGo.

PhotoDave219

*1023*

It gives the consumer more choices and allows the companies the ability to keep the subs. Cable companies will still get their money through the internet subs.

No one will actually lose money if they keep up with the curve.

PhotoDave219

Two vastly opposite takes on the re-launch of "The Muppets"

Jim Henson's Daughter talks to Variety

What do you and The Jim Henson Company think about the new show?

We always thought it would be a very good idea to do a modern show-within-a-show. The original “Muppets Show” was a show-within-a-show as well. It’s also a great format for bringing on celebrities in a very natural way. A Muppets show in primetime has to have a good model for celebrities. I think this is a more modern format where a lot of celebrities can participate in being on the Muppets, but they don’t have to be as silly as they had to be on the original “Muppet Show.”

I am such a supporter of what Disney is doing with the Muppets. The fact that the TV show is different in tone is consistent in what we’ve always done … We’ve always played the Muppets different tonally from one production to the next. As long as the characters remain recognizable and as lovable as they always are, the kind of tone of the different pieces fits perfectly.

How The Heck did they Screw Up The Muppets So Badly? from io9

The result is a show that’s much more “real” and less joyfully silly than anything the Muppets have ever done before, and it’s kind of depressing to watch. Even though some of the jokes work as jokes, they feel wrong, and kind of unpleasant, coming from the Muppets. There is a lot of uncomfortable humor in this episode, in which characters are faced with their own inadequacies.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
One final "In the Spirit of the Spirit" for today.

President Xi of China addressed a group of Elite Chinese and American company heads and assured them more law based government protection of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). He promised a wider opening for international investment and sees $1.25 trillion in foreign investment in the next 10 years. As usual, link below.

https://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/x...fair-deal-voted-disney-221039158--sector.html

*1023*

PhotoDave219

One Million Moms hated the new Muppets. That alone will guarantee I'll give this show every chance.

Yeah.... alas in this case, the enemy of my enemy is certainly not my friend. Screw those people... literally. Every. single. one.

The Muppets were as bad as the Titanic. Started strong but sank pretty quick.

Edit: Yes, I have compared the Muppets to The Hindenburg, the Titanic and an amateur home movie from Dallas in the early 60s.

TalkingHead

I got it. TWDC's plan is to do to Jim Henson what they did to Walt. Namely, wreck the public perception of his creations.

I had to watch the episode to see what the fuss is about. The Fozzie dinner scene was passable for comedy. The rest is just poorly written and off the mark.

Muppets Tonight was funnier than this, and that's saying something.

PhotoDave219

He is really annoying as a broadcaster. He's a good guy in real life though.

I'll take your word for it. I'll just assume his four career plate appearances in the postseason give him credibility to speak about the playoff mindset of hitters.

He's a troll with a microphone IMO and I have no desire to make his acquaintance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom