A Spirited Perfect Ten

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Walt named many people. Most of whom had no reason to be. Just a sampling from Jim Korkis:

"As you read Walt Disney's testimony for the HUAC, let's put some of the cast of characters whom Walt mentions into better perspective:

Herbert Sorrell was definitely hated by Walt but there is no reason to believe he was a Communist. Other friendly witnesses failed to identify Sorrell as a Communist even though they had plenty of opportunity to do so. Sorrell was the leader and negotiator for the Screen Cartoonists Guild and was known for playing tough. There is evidence that Walt didn't care for Sorrell personally as well as professionally.

William Pomerance was hired by the union after the strike and had nothing to do with it."

Again.....

Hilberman identified himself as a communist and recognized the propaganda being displayed by said labor movement as such. I'll see what I can get you on your 2 examples, but try to at least acknowledge the one I gave you.

*1023*

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Walt named many people. Most of whom had no reason to be. Just a sampling from Jim Korkis:

"As you read Walt Disney's testimony for the HUAC, let's put some of the cast of characters whom Walt mentions into better perspective:

Herbert Sorrell was definitely hated by Walt but there is no reason to believe he was a Communist. Other friendly witnesses failed to identify Sorrell as a Communist even though they had plenty of opportunity to do so. Sorrell was the leader and negotiator for the Screen Cartoonists Guild and was known for playing tough. There is evidence that Walt didn't care for Sorrell personally as well as professionally.

William Pomerance was hired by the union after the strike and had nothing to do with it."
Granted, no further investigation done by me (glad to do so if you wish to make it a point of debate...but I won't pay to see the real sources, so we'll need to wait until the library opens tomorrow)...

In 1953, in an actor's lawsuit Sorrell testified that while he was never a communist, he did feel free to spend their money.[16]

According to author Peter Schweizer in his book Reagan's War: The Epic Story of His Forty-Year Struggle and Final Triumph Over Communism, archives released by the Russian government after the fall of the USSR show that Sorrell was a Soviet spy.[17]

Granted, no further investigation done by me (glad to do so if you wish to make it a point of debate...but I won't pay to see the real sources, so we'll need to wait until the library opens tomorrow)...

In 1953, in an actor's lawsuit Sorrell testified that while he was never a communist, he did feel free to spend their money.[16]

According to author Peter Schweizer in his book Reagan's War: The Epic Story of His Forty-Year Struggle and Final Triumph Over Communism, archives released by the Russian government after the fall of the USSR show that Sorrell was a Soviet spy.[17]

You beat me to it... Good job.... so that's 2 of the three "demonized" animators/leaders....

*1023*

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Crap that is normal send at least an employee every few months to jail for stealing.

Also had to turn one in for dangering his child driving drunk.
You lie. Employees are always taken advantage of by the big bad "rich man" and the "corporations" they set up. ALWAYS.

Just go read the threads in the "CM" portion of the forum to see how evil "the man" is...like the latest, where someone didn't find out until the "last day of training" for F&B that they were to be in contact with things they are "allergic" to...note, they didn't mention any of that while cashing paychecks...until actually asked to...I dunno...work?

(rolls eyes)

gmajew

Premium Member
You lie. Employees are always taken advantage of by the big bad "rich man" and the "corporations" they set up. ALWAYS.

Just go read the threads in the "CM" portion of the forum to see how evil "the man" is...like the latest, where someone didn't find out until the "last day of training" for F&B that they were to be in contact with things they are "allergic" to...note, they didn't mention any of that while cashing paychecks...until actually asked to...I dunno...work?

(rolls eyes)
Never looked in that forum was afraid I get mad and go off on people.

Pomerance "Took the Fifth" at HUAC in February 1952 when asked if he was a Communist... However, he was specifically identified as one of many in the SWG when he was Executive Secretary 1946.

Charlotte Darling identified Hilberman, Hubley, Pomerance, Schwartz, Klein and SCG business agent Howard...

While I personally think that the suppression of free speech is un-American, let's call a communist, a communist..... You can be a communist in this country now. Then, not so much.

*1023*

Phil12

(rolls eyes)
Walt Disney was a vindictive jerk to many of his employees: http://digitalcommons.ric.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1017&context=honors_projects

Phil12

Pomerance "Took the Fifth" at HUAC in February 1952 when asked if he was a Communist... However, he was specifically identified as one of many in the SWG when he was Executive Secretary 1946.

Charlotte Darling identified Hilberman, Hubley, Pomerance, Schwartz, Klein and SCG business agent Howard...

While I personally think that the suppression of free speech is un-American, let's call a communist, a communist..... You can be a communist in this country now. Then, not so much.

*1023*
The entire point of identifying communists at that time was so they could be blacklisted and unable to get work. Walt Disney was at the front of the line to blacklist his perceived enemies.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'll be happy to read the entire thing, but not tonight...

A paper, written by a student for college credit, for an at best third rate college, for the specific goal of "labor relations" and "social history", which is only a few steps above "gender studies", frankly, in 2008...isn't exactly what I'd call a "definitive source"...

The entire point of identifying communists at that time was so they could be blacklisted and unable to get work. Walt Disney was at the front of the line to blacklist his perceived enemies.

Phil... Communists were the enemy...Walt hated communism...It's well documented... History has context... Context must be applied to history....

*1023*

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Phil... Communists were the enemy...Walt hated communism...It's well documented... History has context... Context must be applied to history....

*1023*
Walt hated communism for a very specific reason, as did many of his contemporaries who built financial empires of his generation. It wasn't as if he wanted to sit on his hoard of gold, it's that he didn't want a return to what communism is...rule by an oligarchy, advancement through bloodlines, a return to feudalism.

This is getting political...but, frankly, those who think the rich are "out to get you" or "stomp on the poor" are idiots. And, those who think that government, in any way, offers a solution to that, well...I'd love some of what they smoke on a regular basis. It's far more potent pixie dust than anything Disney ever created.

I'll leave it at that.

Disneyhead'71

Walt hated communism for a very specific reason, as did many of his contemporaries who built financial empires of his generation. It wasn't as if he wanted to sit on his hoard of gold, it's that he didn't want a return to what communism is...rule by an oligarchy, advancement through bloodlines, a return to feudalism.

This is getting political...but, frankly, those who think the rich are "out to get you" or "stomp on the poor" are idiots. And, those who think that government, in any way, offers a solution to that, well...I'd love some of what they smoke on a regular basis. It's far more potent pixie dust than anything Disney ever created.

I'll leave it at that.
Where I come from, workers are killed for profit. Unions and Government regulations are our only recourse.

Next Big Thing

It's very simple they cost money and cut the profit margin
Ah, you really are a one hit wonder aren't you?

I remember back when you would get 15-20 likes on posts like this, saying the same thing over and over. Now that we actually have a future and a plan unveiled for the parks, your shtick is getting incredibly dull and boring. You should have a writing session to come up with some new material.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom