A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Remember when @ParentsOf4 said there was an artificially high stock price bubble?

It burst.

The D23 Star Wars announcement only happened as a vain attempt to stop the stock slide. It was a last minute thing.

I'd say it failed spectacularly, Any further doubts about Iger only caring about the stock price hm?, Perhaps Berkshire-Hathaway should buy DIS and operate it properly as the underlying businesses (except for media are strong and can grow with the RIGHT managers at the helm).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
They cant do any pyro because of the Animals, right? Something to do with the AZA certification? Or am I off base on that....
I've never actually heard that it is anything todo with AZA, but I wouldn't be surprised. I think the closest they got to pyro was for the Millennium with a show in the parking lot of the park.

rael ramone

Remember when @ParentsOf4 said there was an artificially high stock price bubble?

It burst.

The D23 Star Wars announcement only happened as a vain attempt to stop the stock slide. It was a last minute thing.

I suppose the The Weatherman and other insiders could :eek: buy shares at full market value with their own funds...

But the potentially scary part of this for us fans of the parks is if the price gets low enough we may get Activist Investors in the shares. People talk Eisner/Wells vs Eisner post Wells. We could actually be missing the Iger era before Carl Icahn backs up his Brinks Truck and loads up on shares.

PhotoDave219

I suppose the The Weatherman and other insiders could :eek: buy shares at full market value with their own funds...

But the potentially scary part of this for us fans of the parks is if the price gets low enough we may get Activist Investors in the shares. People talk Eisner/Wells vs Eisner post Wells. We could actually be missing the Iger era before Carl Icahn backs up his Brinks Truck and loads up on shares.

Remember, any corporate officer's stock transitions have to be publicly disclosed and reported to the SEC.

rael ramone

They should have shored up P&R a LONG time ago because I don't think media networks are going to be their #1 business in 5 years, Sports will take a hit as well as the teams will no longer have the giant swimming pools of money from the cable networks.

Seeing how their Parks & Resorts depends a lot on families spending five figures on vacations, and the Films depends a lot on their treating their franchises like they treated Who Wants To Be A Millionaire years ago not tiring out the moviegoing public, Media could take a dive, and STILL be their #1 business....

As far as sports: My guess is the NFL will see this as leverage to squeeze even more out of cable...(and if ESPN isn't willing to do MNF as a 'loss leader' to just bypass them and put the games on NFL Network). Baseball, on the other hand - could be totally nuclear (though the big spending teams get all their $$$ from huge local cable deals).

ctrlaltdel

If Dinsey is smart they make ESPN available online for a fee. Tons of people would pay for it if the price is right. They obviously have to find a good price point, but that would make serious cash. Doing that and ditching Netflix and starting their own streaming service would make up for a ton of the lost revenue from cable.

rael ramone

Remember, any corporate officer's stock transitions have to be publicly disclosed and reported to the SEC.

Looked up the Form 4's from 2015 from sec.gov (couldn't through the $DIS site - they just had links to the 10K, 10Q, 8K, etc.) for sake of time just looked at the Weathermans.

Sold 200k shares at $108 and change (not as good a price as @ford91exploder got), and the same transaction gave away 90k shares. The other 2 I found were acquisitions - of stock options :mad:).

rael ramone

Let's also not forget the whole stock market is getting smacked right now. Disney is far from the worst performer in the S&P. I remember hearing 1/3 of stocks in the 500 are down 15% or more. At least DIS isn't getting pummeled during a nice rally.

While there are multiple problems - the 'ever so safe' $DIS being hit after earnings (and again, and again) is part of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom