A Spirited Perfect Ten

Disneyhead'71

As many as you want, just cant BYO anymore. You can be a slobbering alcoholic wreck, you just have to pay the mouse.

This also means no consuming alcohol in public spaces.... so if you and someone wanted to enjoy a quiet glass of champagne while watching the sunset, thats verboten as well.
Great! Maybe they were having capacity issues on the boats and decided to run off some customers.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
DCL News - DCL is limiting the amount of alcohol you can bring with you on board AND banning personal liquor. Its just a cash grab and a way to make you buy more booze on ship.
Ok, before I bash this policy change, I should note that even with the change, it's still kinder than most other cruise lines, because you can restock at each port.

With that out of the way, bull policies like this are horrible. I too admired DCL for not having such a policy, and not having gambling as well (even though I like to gamble, and I don't (temporarily) drink alcohol).

Carnival has a high-up guy (a "brand ambassador", or something like that) that answers questions on FB and writes a blog. He is honest about the reasons for most policies, and indeed admits that the "you can't bring alcohol" policies exist to increase alcohol purchases on board. He says, periodically, that if the line allowed a more liberal policy toward alcohol brought on board, cruise prices would almost certainly be higher. So, I wonder, now that DCL is introducing a stricter policy on this point, will cruise prices be lower? Likely not.

Last edited:

Funmeister

True, if all you are interested in is just rides. Otherwise a day could easily have been spent there even before Everest. What you guys want is an amusement park, not a theme park. Or at least not a Disney Theme Park. Rides, rides and more rides. That's all we hear, but, that isn't what Disney is about and never has been. Instead of trying to make Disney into a Six Flags place why not just go to a Six Flags. There you can ride your butts off to your hearts content and Disney can remain the unique experience that it always has been.

No, being part of the opening team and being on the front line receiving direct guest feedback, I can assure you most guests felt it was a half day or less park. Not my opinion...fact. Also, their feedback was not based on lack of rides but the lack of things to do in general.

So before you decide to generalize and reply thinking what you know...don't. My post had nothing to do with "wanting an amusement park." It was based on actual guest feedback for the park lacking things to do. The park over-promised and under-delivered.

Please...I would love to know what guests told YOU during the first few months during opening. Please...share.

PhotoDave219

I agree. I hate it. And definitely takes away hundreds of dollars worth of value away from the cruise. Maybe they will restructure their pricing. :rolleyes:

Well these are the same geniuses that decided to take away the gates from pleasure island in an attempt to boost street level alcohol sales…

They automatically assume the guest level bookings will stay the same and that this would not impact it. Everyone I've talked to about this today is saying that this is a dealbreaker.

Rodan75

Well these are the same geniuses that decided to take away the gates from pleasure island in an attempt to boost street level alcohol sales…

They automatically assume the guest level bookings will stay the same and that this would not impact it. Everyone I've talked to about this today is saying that this is a dealbreaker.

Hopefully this will die by years end if dedicated cruisers start making a big enough stink.

Goofyernmost

No, being part of the opening team and being on the front line receiving direct guest feedback, I can assure you most guests felt it was a half day or less park. Not my opinion...fact. Also, their feedback was not based on lack of rides but the lack of things to do in general.

So before you decide to generalize and reply thinking what you know...don't. My post had nothing to do with "wanting an amusement park." It was based on actual guest feedback for the park lacking things to do. The park over-promised and under-delivered.

Please...I would love to know what guests told YOU during the first few months during opening. Please...share.
A bunch of people talking about wanting "rides" to someone else who wants more rides does not an overwhelming argument make. If one went to DAK knowing the intellectual aspects and appreciating that then it is a full day park. If all they want is an adrenaline charge then they will be unhappy. That doesn't change the mission statement of the park. It just doesn't fit them because they don't understand or cannot appreciate it.

Disneyhead'71

A bunch of people talking about wanting "rides" to someone else who wants more rides does not an overwhelming argument make. If one went to DAK knowing the intellectual aspects and appreciating that then it is a full day park. If all they want is an adrenaline charge then they will be unhappy. That doesn't change the mission statement of the park. It just doesn't fit them because they don't understand or cannot appreciate it.
Or is not what they are looking for in a $100 a day theme park.

And just for good measure, theme parks ARE amusement parks.

Cousin Huet

So why did Animation need to close at DHS? Nothing was announced for that area, right?

I'm surprised that the DHS changes weren't presented as a re-imagining of the park a la DCA's redo. I guess the execs prefer dribbling out the new stuff in Florida. Still, they could've vaguely promised new shows, new entertainment, etc.

The more I look at that Art they released the more I think that is roughly where you will be entering the Toy Story area as there is quite a bit of space between the entrance and when you get the nearest corner of the Midway Mania ride. Looks like the other exit will be very near the LMA area as well judging by the buildings they show up that way. We will see but 11 acres is a prettying big space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom