A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

That's two attractions.
At least four in the list imho.
The Star Tours, the e-Ticket, Jedi academy and the Millenium falcons are " attractions" . Not all attractions are " rides" like @Bolt mentioned.

Yes I'm assuming, since that has been announced. I agree with you about 14 acres and 2 rides isn't great. I hope more is announced but anything mentioned by people, besides certain people, is speculation.

I honestly do not believe that Disney would put all their bones in a single hole. (or eggs in a basket) at same time.
14 acres and 2 new rides = plenty of expansion for future.

When things start rolling with Toy Story Playland we may get some advanced notice if there are permits that indicate things moving out of that area.

I actually wonder if they would transform another sound stage or stage into muppets, so they can demolish the whole back area in a single stroke.

Lee

Adventurer
I know this is a little off topic but at the same time on topic. Has anyone heard from our good friend Spirit lately? I am reaching out more to Lee and Marni as they keep in contact with him from what I read in this forum. I know he had a sick loved one and I hope everything is ok on that front. I miss his insight on this forum and just wanted to check in.
Heard from him just moments ago.
He's fine. On a sabbatical. Will return with tales to tell.

Cesar R M

Amazing thing is the armchair critics who aren't happy with the amount of details announced yesterday. From what people like Martin, Lee, Spirit and you suggested going into this weekend, we should be pleasantly surprised with we got. Time to enjoy the next few years!
They probably expected way more than was leaked.
Some were disappointed we got no news from DCL too.

You're not invited to the fourth of juluau party.
*fakes indignation*. I was never interested anyway! :hilarious:

Captain Neo

Timeline?

2015- Star Tours upgrade, and Star Wars attraction to replace Animation. Jedi show updates?
2016- Frozen ride in summer, Soarin Upgrade in Fall
2017- Toy Story Land in summer to coincide with Toy Story 4, and Avatarland in December to coincide with Avatar 2
2018- ??????
2019- Star Wars Land to coincide with the conclusion of the trilogy

Just my guesses.....definitely a great time to be a fan of the Orlando parks!

What year is Rivers of Light and the upgraded Kilimanjaro Safari?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Welł for all the fanboi foaming about how great its gonna be each land gets a couple of C tickets and while not stated a metric crapton of retail and dining and the first pass was not ambitious enough for the BoD it really must have been pathetic compared to this weak offering.

Really starting to wonder why I care because the people running TWDC don't seem to care any longer when offerings like this are served up as the "Greatest Ever"

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You're assuming that. You're assuming that its only two rides despite a small and rather vocal group of us saying otherwise.

The amount of sheer overreaction on these forums has gone to plaid.

We assume only two rides because for the past decade or so Disney only cuts things they have not delivered more than promised for more than 15 years now.

NFL is a perfect example it barely had the initial attraction list and the cuts were glaringly obvious ie the amazing queue for mermaid but a uninspiring ride.

The Empress Lilly

Falcon, Star Tours and Resistance are at least 3. Disney classifies attractions differently. Not all attractions are rides.
Indeed they are! I meant two new ones. A M&G, a 'kids only m&g' of Jedi Academy, and a restaurant show are not attractions to me, but show. The entertainment at 50's Prime is not an attraction, CM's in land-specific attire are not attractions, and watching characters sing happy birthday to kids or tell them to wave a lightsaber are not attractions either.

Having said that, some of the finest disney experiences are where it blurs the line between show, props, attraction or even ride. In that light, it is almost a pity that for marketing and representational purposes everything is classified as either an attraction, or not. It reduces the attention to experiences that can not be deemed attractions because they can not be marketed, and it also pushes Disney to market every park addition as an attraction.

PhotoDave219

How many $18 Jameson's singles can you buy on a 7 day cruise?

As many as you want, just cant BYO anymore. You can be a slobbering alcoholic wreck, you just have to pay the mouse.

This also means no consuming alcohol in public spaces.... so if you and someone wanted to enjoy a quiet glass of champagne while watching the sunset, thats verboten as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom