A Spirited Perfect Ten

Mike S

There are more than 2 additions for Star Wars coming to Florida. The themeing will be beyond what UNI has done with Potter. If you like immersive environments, TSL and SW will be your Valhallah. After all, you've waited long enough....

*1023*
Can I just say how surprised I am that Disney seems to be doing more with DHS's Toy Story Land than the others? It's almost like they read some concerns or something...........

hopemax

Question for the class: Why does everyone think that there's only two attractions for SWL?

Combined with the 2 that are already there (Star Tours, Jedi Training Academy), probably 2 M&G (movie characters, Disney characters), and probably some sort of Cantina entertainment in the vein of the Celestina Warbeck/Tales of Beadle the Bard that seems like it would fill out a park map pretty well. Especially, the Studios Park map.

Why do you think there would be more? Dave wishful thinking, or Bothan spies?

sedati

Question for the class: Why does everyone think that there's only two attractions for SWL?
Two NEW attractions, right? Star Tours will be part of it certainly, giving the land three rides. A walk through of the Falcon could be a nice addition, though that could be part of the queue for that ride. As a fan of the Star Wars creatures I love the idea of roaming beasts of burden as depicted in the presentation.

SJN1279

Timeline?

2015- Star Tours upgrade, and Star Wars attraction to replace Animation. Jedi show updates?
2016- Frozen ride in summer, Soarin Upgrade in Fall
2017- Toy Story Land in summer to coincide with Toy Story 4, and Avatarland in December to coincide with Avatar 2
2018- ??????
2019- Star Wars Land to coincide with the conclusion of the trilogy

Just my guesses.....definitely a great time to be a fan of the Orlando parks!

Rodan75

Timeline?

2015- Star Tours upgrade, and Star Wars attraction to replace Animation. Jedi show updates?
2017- Toy Story Land in summer to coincide with Toy Story 4, and Avatarland in December to coincide with Avatar 2
2018- ??????

2016 also includes RoL and Night Safari.

PhotoDave219

Two NEW attractions, right? Star Tours will be part of it certainly, giving the land three rides. A walk through of the Falcon could be a nice addition, though that could be part of the queue for that ride. As a fan of the Star Wars creatures I love the idea of roaming beasts of burden as depicted in the presentation.

They didnt give any details whatsoever.

PhotoDave219

Combined with the 2 that are already there (Star Tours, Jedi Training Academy), probably 2 M&G (movie characters, Disney characters), and probably some sort of Cantina entertainment in the vein of the Celestina Warbeck/Tales of Beadle the Bard that seems like it would fill out a park map pretty well. Especially, the Studios Park map.

Why do you think there would be more? Dave wishful thinking, or Bothan spies?

Because the new movie hasnt come out and they didnt give any specifics whatsoever. I cant make that conclusion quite yet.

PhotoDave219

Language.
One new attraction is just a "new ride".
Two new attractions is the bare minimum they can build and get away with the general public calling it an "expansion".
Even if some of your "new rides" are just extensive re-themes, like the Dragons and Hippogriff at Wizarding World, I think the fact that a park can say rides with the plural is far more attractive than just the one. The psychology of this sort of thing and how it effects families' travel plans is probably focused-grouped to death.

Agreed. People are hearing what they want to hear.....

Considering that they havent released any details, I am willing to believe that theres more to come.

Mike S

Timeline?

2018- ??????

Looks like something new almost every year, including this year. Sounds familiar........

Lee

Adventurer
Timeline?

2018- ??????

I don't see TSL in summer of 2017. Way too much work to be done.

Reminder, that huge pile of DHS cash is spread over 5-6 years.

PhotoDave219

Language.
One new attraction is just a "new ride".
Two new attractions is the bare minimum they can build and get away with the general public calling it an "expansion".
Even if some of your "new rides" are just extensive re-themes, like the Dragons and Hippogriff at Wizarding World, I think the fact that a park can say rides with the plural is far more attractive than just the one. The psychology of this sort of thing and how it effects families' travel plans is probably focused-grouped to death.

Agreed. People are hearing what they want to hear.....

Considering that they havent released any details, I am willing to believe that theres more to come.

hopemax

Because the new movie hasnt come out and they didnt give any specifics whatsoever. I cant make that conclusion quite yet.

This probably goes in the category of "hearing what you want to hear." But when they say "the Millennium Falcon, on a customized secret mission" I hear the option to choose between Original Trilogy (hopefully!) or related to what its purpose will be in the new movies. And when they say, "and an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle," right after they said, " epic Star Wars adventure that puts you in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.” I hear "something from the new movie." When they say, "transporting guests to a never-before-seen planet," I think new movies (or original, so they can mishmash different architecture). Even the Cantina, they said "you've never seen one like this before." I think, "the new movie is probably going to have a new Cantina-like place." And so then it feels like the new movies are more than covered. Even without specifics. It feels like for the presentation, they used vocabulary that could apply to old or new movies when one is geeking out, but other than things that appeared in the old, that will also appear in the new, I don't think there will be very much "old trilogy" here. Darth Vader, and the AT-AT outside the building.

TalkingHead

This probably goes in the category of "hearing what you want to hear." But when they say "the Millennium Falcon, on a customized secret mission" I hear the option to choose between Original Trilogy (hopefully!) or related to what its purpose will be in the new movies. And when they say, "and an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle," right after they said, " epic Star Wars adventure that puts you in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.” I hear "something from the new movie." When they say, "transporting guests to a never-before-seen planet," I think new movies (or original, so they can mishmash different architecture). Even the Cantina, they said "you've never seen one like this before." I think, "the new movie is probably going to have a new Cantina-like place." And so then it feels like the new movies are more than covered. Even without specifics. It feels like for the presentation, they used vocabulary that could apply to old or new movies when one is geeking out, but other than things that appeared in the old, that will also appear in the new, I don't think there will be very much "old trilogy" here. Darth Vader, and the AT-AT outside the building.

See, I hear, "We're not really sure what it's going to be -- but it's coming to DHS...someday."

I mean, Star Tours 1.0 put you in the middle of a climactic battle. The Millennium Falcon description sounded like there was even more wiggle room. I don't believe for a minute that every guest will be piloting the ship, but that's what they implied in the press release.

In Disneyspeak, "take control of the Millennium Falcon" means you wait in line for 90 minutes to ride the Millennium Falcon simulator.

Mike S

See, I hear, "We're not really sure what it's going to be -- but it's coming to DHS...someday."

I mean, Star Tours 1.0 put you in the middle of a climactic battle. The Millennium Falcon description sounded like there was even more wiggle room. I don't believe for a minute that every guest will be piloting the ship, but that's what they implied in the press release.

In Disneyspeak, "take control of the Millennium Falcon" means you wait in line for 90 minutes to ride the Millennium Falcon simulator.
Except during the presentation when he mentioned the climactic battle ride it showed a picture of storm troopers going down some kind of hallway. Something tells me that ride won't take place in space.

Bairstow

Except during the presentation when he mentioned the climactic battle ride it showed a picture of storm troopers going down some kind of hallway. Something tells me that ride won't take place in space.

Do we know that both the Star Wars attractions are going to be rides?
Was sneaking the word "epic" in reference to the battle a clue that the Indy stunt show format is going to be reused?

ZodIsGr8

I know this is a little off topic but at the same time on topic. Has anyone heard from our good friend Spirit lately? I am reaching out more to Lee and Marni as they keep in contact with him from what I read in this forum. I know he had a sick loved one and I hope everything is ok on that front. I miss his insight on this forum and just wanted to check in.

PhotoDave219

I know this is a little off topic but at the same time on topic. Has anyone heard from our good friend Spirit lately? I am reaching out more to Lee and Marni as they keep in contact with him from what I read in this forum. I know he had a sick loved one and I hope everything is ok on that front. I miss his insight on this forum and just wanted to check in.

He's fine. He's on vacation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom