A Spirited Perfect Ten

arko

I'm saying That in my history of living as a Florida resident in the Orlando area is that it is not biased towards the locals.

Rather it's biased against. How? We can book FP+ two weeks out. No farther. Regular guests can book Six months out.

When we walk in at 7pm after work - because I have - and you try to make FP either on the phone or in person, generally what's available is either things you don't want or times (after 11pm) that you don't want.

I'm really not sure where you're getting this notion....

2 weeks, AP holders and non resort ticket holders get to book 30 days out? Or is there another category of ticket I am missing?

And in the old days of paper fp's if you walked in at 7pm, what was the likelyhood of getting any fp's at all?

OneDNP

Hear hear. I feel kind of bad saying it because I know some people find them to be a special WDW feature, but the towel animals do nothing for me and never really have. My older kid kind of likes them but I doubt he'd be crushed if they were gone next time. I'd much, much rather have cleaner parks than towel animals any day.
As a kid, the Mickey touch-tone phone at CR was my awesome Disney feature. I do not remember towel animals back then, so either they didn't do them or I didn't care. We usually stay Swolphin, but last trip at AKL in WDW and our only trip to DL at DLH there were there a couple of days we had animals. Cute, but not swoon worthy. If they downgrade from H2O toiletries though, I will be miffed.

Nubs70

@WDW1979 Given the news about Prince Alwaleed bin Tala giving away his fortune in the coming years, do you think he will sell his 10% stake in DLP to TWDC?
I think he will transfer the ownership of his shares and his entire wealth to his philanthropic organization with investment income being distributed to charity rather than converting all assets into cash and donating or transferring wealth to heirs.

Cesar R M

Thank you for that. I'll never watch Dreamalong with Mickey the same way again
could be worse.. imagine THIS kind of flailing...

kSx5JRH.gif

Actually I think that lounge might just be the replacement for 'One Man's Dream'.

What more do you need? A couple of old photos of Walt, an old bench as a historical relic of what things used to be like in the parks of yesterday, and a plastic skull and crossbones from a closed attraction to represent WDI... all bases covered!
now, for my usual question.. will there be a ONE MAN DREAM themed bathroom?

ParentsOf4

Does expanding / improving the current 4 parks make sense as an alternative or are both needed? Say a new park costs $5 billion, if that money can be spent expanding the existing parks in capacity and footprint on top of "normal" expansion to those parks would that also work?
Well, Disney first has to add attractions just to make up for the ones they've closed. :D

Turning a bit more serious, yes, upgrades to the existing theme parks are vital to addressing crowds. However, by 2025, these probably won't be enough.

A 5th Gate is not something for now. Disney has its priorities right by first addressing deficiencies at WDW's existing parks. However, given the lead times involved, somebody better be thinking about what's needed after that.

The problem is that many corporations "manage by crisis" rather than plan ahead to avoid those crises. Yes, the upcoming plans for WDW in general and DHS specifically are great, but they should be winding down right now, not just beginning to ramp up. Disney's senior management created the problem by ignoring WDW for over a decade. It's a problem largely of their own making.

Happy 4th! :)

Mike S

Well, Disney first has to add attractions just to make up for the ones they've closed. :D

Turning a bit more serious, yes, upgrades to the existing theme parks are vital to addressing crowds. However, by 2025, these probably won't be enough.

A 5th Gate is not something for now. Disney has its priorities right by first addressing deficiencies at WDW's existing parks. However, given the lead times involved, somebody better be thinking about what's needed after that.

The problem is that many corporations "manage by crisis" rather than plan ahead to avoid those crises. Yes, the upcoming plans for WDW in general and DHS specifically are great, but they should be winding down right now, not just beginning to ramp up. Disney's senior management created the problem by ignoring WDW for over a decade. It's a problem largely of their own making.

I think it goes without saying that any new park should have a full day's worth of attractions from day 1. None of that "Phase 2" crap. Also what if Disney actually was considering this and we got two new parks in Orlando around the same time? (Disney's 5th and Uni's rumored 3rd)

lazyboy97o

Crowds will never be properly handled, be it with expansion of the existing parks or a new gate, with the continued over emphasis on marquee attractions. These draw in more people and eat up significant resources.

ParentsOf4

Crowds will never be properly handled, be it with expansion of the existing parks or a new gate, with the continued over emphasis on marquee attractions. These draw in more people and eat up significant resources.
I'm not much of an armchair Imagineer but one idea I’ve bounced about is to create a 5th theme park specifically designed to handle large parade and nighttime firework crowds, discontinuing these at the Magic Kingdom once the new park opens. It still would have attractions but its ultimate goals would be to relieve the strain at the Magic Kingdom and create experiences capable of entertaining many thousands simultaneously.
We are getting hopes up to big no way we have a 5th park opened in next ten years.
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"

I'm not discussing what Disney will do; only what they should do. :)

lazyboy97o

I'm not much of an armchair Imagineer but one idea I’ve bounced about is to create a 5th theme park specifically designed to handle large parade and nighttime firework crowds, discontinuing these at the Magic Kingdom once the new park opens. It still would have attractions but its ultimate goals would be to relieve the strain at the Magic Kingdom and create experiences capable of entertaining many thousands simultaneously.
To a degree this has been tried and doesn't really work. There is no reason now that World Showcase Lagoon could not be The place to watch a fireworks spectacular, but those fireworks don't have a castle blocking the view. And what makes most of the Disneylands so delightful, even for watching a show, is that they are human scale, they aren't built around a highway scaled system of movement. I say most because Tokyo Disneyland does have the design for crowds and it is a weak point in the environments. Or consider Fantasmic! and even with crowds sitting along the Rivers of America is such a richer experience than the bowl at Disney's Hollywood Studios or even the viewing area for World of Color, which holds far fewer people than promised.

gmajew

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"

I'm not discussing what Disney will do; only what they should do. :)

Lol if Disney did everything we all thought it should it would be bankrupt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom