A Spirited Perfect Ten

stevehousse

Just a quickee recommendation for summer TV watching, but I was blown away by the premiere of Mr. Robot on USA tonight. ... Of course, it is all about conspiracies and the evils of corps with some mental illness tossed in for good measure.

@Lee ... you'll want to watch this one!!!
Sooooo good! its been on demand for over a month now and i watched it way back when and have been dying for episode 2!!! This is the 2015 summer hot tv series this year!

GiveMeTheMusic

And you know this for a fact? I am not familiar with the Club 33 membership, but I'd be very surprised if Disney could simple and unilaterally revoke membership. Disney's response to the lawsuit seems like the fairly typical corporate response: denial and blame the plaintiff.

Why couldn't they? It's their club. If you break the rules, you're out.

Even if you don't know about this particular guy, just reading the article should throw up some red flags. Disney doesn't just go about suspending club memberships. There's a history here.

Lee

Adventurer
Just a quickee recommendation for summer TV watching, but I was blown away by the premiere of Mr. Robot on USA tonight. ... Of course, it is all about conspiracies and the evils of corps with some mental illness tossed in for good measure.

@Lee ... you'll want to watch this one!!!
Mr. Robot...got it.
I'll add it to the my current list of shows. (I have about 6 I'm currently watching.)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Why couldn't they? It's their club. If you break the rules, you're out.

Even if you don't know about this particular guy, just reading the article should throw up some red flags. Disney doesn't just go about suspending club memberships. There's a history here.
Unless they break a federal law by discriminating against a "protected class" they have the right to revoke membership to a private club. Based on the limited facts presented in the article it seems like a sour grapes, frivolous lawsuit. His hope was probably to use the threat of bad publicity from a lawsuit to blackmail Disney into giving him his membership back. The guy clearly broke the rules by allowing his guest pass to be auctioned off and Disney is claiming it's a pattern of abuse too. Disney has to nip these abuses before they become a common practice. We all know what happened with GAC abuse that was ignored for years at DLR or people stealing soda at WDW. Once you get to the point where "everyone is doing it" it's a lot harder to change your mind and start enforcing the rules.

SYRIK2000

Spirited Tue.. Wednesday Musings:

First, the next person who suggests that Small World should be moved to EPCOT I will personally hunt down like on a personal safari and when I am done with you, I'll place your head on my wall (with Mouse Ears on top, naturally). Small World is the quintessential MK attraction. It truly is as important to a castle park as the damn castle. It is one huge issue I have with Shanghai Disneyland as it isn't being built there, likely because Shendi/CCP didn't want it.

And any of you who think the MK lacks for useable expansion space are just flat out mistaken, misinformed and confused. So ... please ... do you really want to be a trophy on my Jungle Room wall?

Couldn't help but notice that Pixar thanked Diane Disney and Ron Miller at the end of Inside Out. I'm not really sure why. No, they didn't thank Bob Iger or Tom Staggs or Jay Rasulo.

Speaking of Jay, I wonder if his office is empty yet ...

As a topic, sinkholes are worse than monorail footers.

Forgot to mention yesterday that Richard Branson and his Virgin empire (Virgin America isn't all that based upon my one experience with them) are expanding to the seas with the launch of a cruise line announced yesterday in Miami by the head of the new enterprise: Tom McAlpin. You may recognize the name as he was the former head of DCL before being pushed out for Karl Holz (a lesser exec, a far lesser human being).

The details are below, but the launch is going to be in 2020 from Miami with three ships on order from the same Italian shipyard that birthed (or berthed!) the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/tourism/fl-virgin-cruises-launch-details-20150623-story.html

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article25368637.html

How do you know that Tom Staggs (he of the Strat Planning Class of 1990) is truly the worst thing you could ever have leading Disney in three years? Both Michael Eisner and Bob Iger love Staggs. Yeah, if they agree on something like that, then you better believe it isn't a good thing.

For those of you who only care about the bottom line, there's this:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/walt-disney-boosts-dividend-by-804915

And a link on the saga of a Club 33 member who had his membership revoked:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/club-668224-membership-disney.html

The Chinese probably assumed it was an American plot to get the song stuck in their heads.

Cesar R M

Was that the one where alan thicke is a scientist and creates an android son? Loved that flick
no, I think that one you mention was a movie. "AI, Artificial Intelligence" . Produced by Steven Spielgberg.

This series is like CSI in the future. with an "obsolete" android partner that was more "custom" by its creator than expected.

Cesar R M

Unless they break a federal law by discriminating against a "protected class" they have the right to revoke membership to a private club. Based on the limited facts presented in the article it seems like a sour grapes, frivolous lawsuit. His hope was probably to use the threat of bad publicity from a lawsuit to blackmail Disney into giving him his membership back. The guy clearly broke the rules by allowing his guest pass to be auctioned off and Disney is claiming it's a pattern of abuse too. Disney has to nip these abuses before they become a common practice. We all know what happened with GAC abuse that was ignored for years at DLR or people stealing soda at WDW. Once you get to the point where "everyone is doing it" it's a lot harder to change your mind and start enforcing the rules.
The story says he didn't do it. someone else auctioned the ticked "for charity".
The whole thing is pretty nebulous.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The story says he didn't do it. someone else auctioned the ticked "for charity".
The whole thing is pretty nebulous.
His story is that he gave a guest pass to a friend who then auctioned it off for charity. As the member you are responsible for your guest passes and how they are used. Just like season tickets for any sporting event, if you give your tickets to someone else and they violate the rules by scalping the tickets and get caught you can lose your season tickets.

Nemo14

His story is that he gave a guest pass to a friend who then auctioned it off for charity. As the member you are responsible for your guest passes and how they are used. Just like season tickets for any sporting event, if you give your tickets to someone else and they violate the rules by scalping the tickets and get caught you can lose your season tickets.
That actually happened to a friend of ours - his boss gave season tickets to the Pats to all his employees. One guy put one ticket on e-bay because he couldn't go to that particular game, and the whole block of passes was pulled.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That actually happened to a friend of ours - his boss gave season tickets to the Pats to all his employees. One guy put one ticket on e-bay because he couldn't go to that particular game, and the whole block of passes was pulled.
It's usually in the fine print of the tickets somewhere or the paperwork you get with the season tickets. They usually explicitly tell you that if you give or sell your season tickets to someone else you are still responsible for those tickets and your season tickets could be revoked. It's not a problem to resell the tickets but if you break the law by selling them for more than what's legally allowed then you could have a problem.

Not sure what the club 33 rules are, but from that article it seems to imply you can't sell or donate the passes to a charity. The guy broke the rules. It's pretty clear cut to me. He should sue his friend that donat d the passes to charity not TWDC.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It's usually in the fine print of the tickets somewhere or the paperwork you get with the season tickets. They usually explicitly tell you that if you give or sell your season tickets to someone else you are still responsible for those tickets and your season tickets could be revoked. It's not a problem to resell the tickets but if you break the law by selling them for more than what's legally allowed then you could have a problem.

Not sure what the club 33 rules are, but from that article it seems to imply you can't sell or donate the passes to a charity. The guy broke the rules. It's pretty clear cut to me. He should sue his friend that donat d the passes to charity not TWDC.
Not much of a friend if he didnt consult with the guy who gave him the guest pass. Even if it was a gift, I would still ask what I can/cant do with it if I decided not to use it, or perhaps just give it back.

The Tuna

Was that the one where alan thicke is a scientist and creates an android son? Loved that flick
Dude you brought me way back to my first ever series of novels I read.
  • Not Quite Human #1: Batteries Not Included (October 1985)
  • Not Quite Human #2: All Geared Up (October 1985)
  • Not Quite Human #3: A Bug in the System (November 1985)
  • Not Quite Human #4: Reckless Robot (May 1986)
  • Not Quite Human #5: Terror At Play (June 1986)
  • Not Quite Human #6: Killer Robot (October 1986)
The three made for TV movies were
Now I have to go see if they live on the internet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom