A Spirited Perfect Ten

the.dreamfinder

Tim Delaney/Eddie Sotto Space Pavilion
image.jpg

TalkingHead

If pixar ever did anything you could consider to be a "art-house" movie… This would be it.

I get why some people wouldn't like it. It's not a movie meant to make someone escape. It's not simple by any stretch of the imagination.

It also has an adult understanding of emotions. Not the regular pixie dust "nostalgia rules" stuff.

Explains why a lot of fanbois didn't like it.

Lee

Adventurer
Is season 2 of True detective one of them?

Going to be hard to beat last season but I was a fan of the first episode(except maybe Vince Vaughn)
Yep.
No way it beats season one, but even so it'll be better than almost anything on tv.

And I agree about Vaughn. He may prove to have been horribly miscast...though I'm keeping an open mind.

jlsHouston

If you don't like DTD tonight you might not want to go to the MK tomorrow. A member of my poker group tonight who is a Coordinator at the MK says they are expecting a tour group of over 700 tomorrow 6/20. I would imagine that will be Brazilian teenagers. "Follow the flag and chant!"

LOL we went to EPCOT on Saturday...finally got to ride Soarin since my boyfriend showed up and he was old enough for rider swap...

Jlasoon

I really liked it. It was a gut punch. Best thing Pixar has done in years.

A 32 year old man sobbing like a little girl as Bing Bong vanished from the screen. <----------- Me

This movie carved me up like a pretzel. Brought back too many memories (played ice hockey growing up). My wife was wondering what the hell was wrong with me. And that ending. My goodness. I'm not sure I can watch it again. I felt exhausted leaving the theatre.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Just a quickee recommendation for summer TV watching, but I was blown away by the premiere of Mr. Robot on USA tonight. ... Of course, it is all about conspiracies and the evils of corps with some mental illness tossed in for good measure.

@Lee ... you'll want to watch this one!!!

It did look interesting. The ads they ran on TV for it seemed like a movie and one I might go see.

misterID

flynnibus

Premium Member
The article has a few things wrong. First, the admissions tax applies to all ticket admissions in Anaheim which includes tickets to the Angels and Ducks not just Disneyland tickets.

I don't see the article claiming it's a disney only tax - only that Disney is looking to ensure the city doesn't impose such a tax.
Second, it is not true that no Disney park has an admissions tax... WDW has sales tax on ticket admissions.
Yes it is correct.. sales tax != amusement tax. WDW charges the orange county+state sales tax. In California amusement park tickets are exempt from sales tax. The tax in question here is a dedicated municipal tax on ticket sales. Like a room tax, etc its a specialty tax and why they used that terminology.

Prog

A sinkhole ate a building at Orange Lake or one of the other Maingate west 192 resorts a few years back

There are sinkholes everywhere in Florida.
Summer Bay. Orange Lake had the girl that got electrocuted in the lake.
Basically, avoid the long list of resorts that I've stayed at.
New look for WDWMagic! This is gonna take a while to get used to.
Yeah, I can hardly see the thread between the fixed top bar, Firefox, and Windows 7. Guess it's time for a 1080p monitor.

ParentsOf4

Meanwhile in Anaheim

"Disney wants to invest $1 billion at Disneyland, California Adventure in exchange for no new gate tax"

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-668511-city-anaheim.html
Quoting from the article:

The Walt Disney Co. is seriously considering a $1 billion-plus expansion of the Disneyland Resort with new attractions, an additional parking structure with at least 5,000 slots, and improvements to streets surrounding the massive theme park complex.​

And later:

Disney officials said they don’t know potential rides, themed lands and other details yet, but said construction would begin no later than the end of 2017 and be wrapped up no later than in 2024. But the company now owns the Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar franchises and has plenty of new options.​

Let's see, that's eight fiscal years.

Over the previous eight fiscal years, domestic Parks & Resorts capital expenditures totaled $10.8 billion.

Um, I think they are going to spend more than $1 billion at Disneyland over those eight years regardless of what the City of Anaheim does. :D

Gotta like it when a megacorporation that's going to see $9 billion in net profit in 2015 tries to milk a municipality with a total operating budget of $1.7 billion. :greedy:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Gotta like it when a megacorporation that's going to see $9 billion in net profit in 2015 tries to milk a municipality with a total operating budget of $1.7 billion. :greedy:

I was having a conversation about this... and I basically said 'notice how they are talking about how much Disney will spend.. vs actually hinging on how much the city will gain..' and I said it doesn't matter... why? It's politics not science.

BrianLo

Quoting from the article:

The Walt Disney Co. is seriously considering a $1 billion-plus expansion of the Disneyland Resort with new attractions, an additional parking structure with at least 5,000 slots, and improvements to streets surrounding the massive theme park complex.​

Sounds to me like the board also just approved the budget for Anaheim's StarWars and Marvel projects. I do enjoy the posturing that its in any way contingent on Anaheim playing ball. They clearly will though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom