A Spirited Perfect Ten

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Spirited Tue.. Wednesday Musings:

First, the next person who suggests that Small World should be moved to EPCOT I will personally hunt down like on a personal safari and when I am done with you, I'll place your head on my wall (with Mouse Ears on top, naturally). Small World is the quintessential MK attraction. It truly is as important to a castle park as the damn castle. It is one huge issue I have with Shanghai Disneyland as it isn't being built there, likely because Shendi/CCP didn't want it.

And any of you who think the MK lacks for useable expansion space are just flat out mistaken, misinformed and confused. So ... please ... do you really want to be a trophy on my Jungle Room wall?

Couldn't help but notice that Pixar thanked Diane Disney and Ron Miller at the end of Inside Out. I'm not really sure why. No, they didn't thank Bob Iger or Tom Staggs or Jay Rasulo.

Speaking of Jay, I wonder if his office is empty yet ...

As a topic, sinkholes are worse than monorail footers.

Forgot to mention yesterday that Richard Branson and his Virgin empire (Virgin America isn't all that based upon my one experience with them) are expanding to the seas with the launch of a cruise line announced yesterday in Miami by the head of the new enterprise: Tom McAlpin. You may recognize the name as he was the former head of DCL before being pushed out for Karl Holz (a lesser exec, a far lesser human being).

The details are below, but the launch is going to be in 2020 from Miami with three ships on order from the same Italian shipyard that birthed (or berthed!) the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/tourism/fl-virgin-cruises-launch-details-20150623-story.html

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article25368637.html

How do you know that Tom Staggs (he of the Strat Planning Class of 1990) is truly the worst thing you could ever have leading Disney in three years? Both Michael Eisner and Bob Iger love Staggs. Yeah, if they agree on something like that, then you better believe it isn't a good thing.

For those of you who only care about the bottom line, there's this:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/walt-disney-boosts-dividend-by-804915

And a link on the saga of a Club 33 member who had his membership revoked:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/club-668224-membership-disney.html

Kicking out an Original Club 33 member that shows real class,

Bairstow

I'm pages and pages behind, naturally, but Central Park was EMPTY (well, minus one couple and what looked like a maintenance/tech guy enjoying the grassy little hill) last time I was in the park (about a month ago) and it was a fairly heavy crowds day, IMO, and it was just so nice. Really really nice place to relax. Literally next to no one walks through there. Tons of space and lots of greenery. I stayed there for quite a while just enjoying it. There were a few others with the same idea. Uni definitely has a *few* places to relax and "get away". I do think Uni needs to offer a bit more than just all thrills all the time but I'm also not complaining about what they offer, LOL.

I've often felt like they could add some really nice spots to relax at Islands, around the lagoon.
There's a couple nice spots along the railing at Marvel Island and the backside of Mythos, but they really could do more, and for very little money.

StageFrenzy

Forgot to mention yesterday that Richard Branson and his Virgin empire (Virgin America isn't all that based upon my one experience with them) are expanding to the seas with the launch of a cruise line announced yesterday in Miami by the head of the new enterprise: Tom McAlpin. You may recognize the name as he was the former head of DCL before being pushed out for Karl Holz (a lesser exec, a far lesser human being).

The details are below, but the launch is going to be in 2020 from Miami with three ships on order from the same Italian shipyard that birthed (or berthed!) the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder:

How about compared to rest of the US carriers, I wish they would fly out of Tampa.
FiveThirtyEight has a statistical analysis on the efficiency of domestic carriers: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ines-airports-and-flights-summer-2015-update/

I am intrigued by their entrance into the cruise market, I have been on three Disney cruises and hesitant to try a different line due to the clientel, food and accommodations.

Animaniac93-98

You'll have to forgive me if I don't seem especially excited about today's news. We've been reading about vague "BIG DHS CHANGES" for what must be at least 4 years now, and even if the Board OKs the project (whatever it is) today, we're still years away from completion, let alone knowing if what gets built is any good.

Heck, I still don't even know if both Avatar rides are opening in 2017.

I'll hold back my enthusiasm until the time is right.

TalkingHead

Oh for CRYING OUT LOUD.....

Is there a sign on the top banner that says Universal Studios?

Is there anything in the URL that says Universal Studios?

Is there anything in the title of the thread that says Universal Studios?

Then why the holy hell do you people insist on talking about it?

Hasn't the OP said that subjects related to the theme park and movie industries are fair game?

Hasn't the OP himself brought up Universal's projects on numerous occasions?

Better question is why do you insist on policing every mention of Universal -- especially in this thread?

Funmeister

So ABC has Battlebots now...I wonder if they'd ever do a tournament or at least a display at Epcot for it.

Epcot already had a robotics competition in the parking lot one year. It's been a while and was not quite on the same scale but not sure if they would do it again.

Now DRINKING bot battles they would do in a heartbeat!

GiveMeTheMusic

Kicking out an Original Club 33 member that shows real class,

That particular member's suit is frivolous. He has been suspended previously as he has time and again broken the rules of his membership agreement. In this case, Disney was right to revoke his membership. This will be a very quick court case, if it's not dismissed outright.

Of course, membership is a privilege, not a right, just like an Annual Pass. Disney can revoke it at any time.

fosse76

That particular member's suit is frivolous. He has been suspended previously as he has time and again broken the rules of his membership agreement. In this case, Disney was right to revoke his membership. This will be a very quick court case, if it's not dismissed outright.

Of course, membership is a privilege, not a right, just like an Annual Pass. Disney can revoke it at any time.
And you know this for a fact? I am not familiar with the Club 33 membership, but I'd be very surprised if Disney could simple and unilaterally revoke membership. Disney's response to the lawsuit seems like the fairly typical corporate response: denial and blame the plaintiff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom