A Spirited Perfect Ten

WDW1974

Original Poster
Monsters U. is criminally under appreciated.

I agree. It was a very good film. I think after the messes that were Cars 2 and Brave that the 'haters' just wanted to rip any/every thing Pixar did. Also, people who are Disney PURISTS (sounds like racists to me) got big heads after Tangled and Wreck It Ralph were successful and then Frozen was a cultural phenomenon forgetting that the top leadership of WDFA is the top leadership of Pixar!

I think that's why you're seeing a film like Inside Out that did HUGE box office and set records while another HUGE tentpole was breaking records ... that was 100% fresh when last I checked the produce section ... engender some of the many negative comments I've seen online.

BrianLo

I've heard definetly Disneyland and a very strong indication that there will be some sort of announcement for WDW.

I have indications to be more optimistic. Of course, it all depends on what happens at the Board Meeting this week.

Ugh, so my low-ball expectations for D23 have been some Disneyland Star Wars 'news'. Aka a confirmation that ToonTown is out (pretty please so unwashed masses can finally accept it and move on) and some vague artwork... with maybe a stern nod that they are building a park in China.

Now you all having me shooting for the moon expecting a DCA Marvel announcement and a splashy DHS announcement.

I've been led astray down this road before.

FigmentJedi

As far as that whining about the quality of Jurassic Park movies goes, I'd question the sanity of anyone who thinks JP3 is better then JW. JP3 is probably one of the worst sequels to anything and a cinematic atrocity I'd put on the level of crap like the 1998 American Godzilla or M Night Shyamalan's Last Airbender.

PhotoDave219

Ugh, so my low-ball expectations for D23 have been some Disneyland Star Wars 'news'. Aka a confirmation that ToonTown is out (pretty please so unwashed masses can finally accept it and move on) and some vague artwork... with maybe a stern nod that they are building a park in China.

Now you all having me shooting for the moon expecting a DCA Marvel announcement and a splashy DHS announcement.

I've been led astray down this road before.

I have reason to be more optimistic, yes. I have been led astray before as well. Also.... The Board still has to say "YES!"

I haven't heard anything about Marvel at DCA.

Edit: 12:35 AM and I have conflicting sources. DAMMIT. I hate this. Never-f'n-mind.

Mike S

Yesterday?

Well, all the hassles seemed so far away.
No detailed planning needed for my stay.
Oh, I do miss, Disney Yesterday.

Suddenly,
ADRs must be made on day one-eighty.
Or you won't get where you want to eat.

Why they had to change,
It's so strange,
Meg wouldn't say.

I said,
Something wrong,
Now I long,
For Disney Yesterday...

Yesterday?

Fastpass was an easy game to play.
And I didn't need my iPhone with me every day.

Why they spent that much,
With no punch.
Very few new rides.

And they've,
Closed down more,
But no, not stores,
I can't abide!

Yesterday?

Disney was a great place to get away.
Now I spend more but for a shorter stay.

<hums outtro>

azTrHPd.gif

BrianLo

I have reason to be more optimistic, yes. I have been led astray before as well. Also.... The Board still has to say "YES!"

I haven't heard anything about Marvel at DCA.

Bob Iger is a lot of bad things... but one thing I don't doubt is his ability to get the BOD to say yes. He is their golden boy.

The Marvel proclamations originate with @1023 and @WDW1974... and truly a ton of credit to the MiceAge crew (I'm patiently waiting for them to chime in from the months of radio silence).

Edit:
Edit: 12:35 AM and I have conflicting sources. DAMMIT. I hate this. Never-f'n-mind.

I won't retract my like. It's too late... I'm off to the land of optimism.

PhotoDave219

Bob Iger is a lot of bad things... but one thing I don't doubt is his ability to get the BOD to say yes. He is their golden boy.

The Marvel proclamations originate with @1023 and @WDW1974... and truly a ton of credit to the MiceAge crew (I'm patiently waiting for them to chime in from the months of radio silence).

Yeah, well Like I said, I'm now getting conflicting info. We'll have to give it a bit more time, sort it out....

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour

Yesterday?

Well, all the hassles seemed so far away.
No detailed planning needed for my stay.

Suddenly,
ADRs must be made on day one-eighty.
Or you won't get in where you want to eat.

Why they had to change,
It's so strange,
Meg wouldn't say.

I said,
Something wrong,
Now I long,
For Disney Yesterday...

Yesterday?

Fastpass was an easy game to play.
And I didn't need my iPhone with me every day.

Why they spent that much,
With no punch.
Very few new rides.

And they've,
Closed down more,
But no, not stores,
I can't abide!

Yesterday?

Disney was a great place to get away.
Now it costs more for a shorter stay.

<hums outtro>

Phenomenal... Can I Record it?

*1023*

Bairstow

Giacchino did an excellent job on the score. It's the perfect blend of respecting the original while creating something new and memorable on its own right.

...which is especially appropriate since Giacchino basically began his career by being able to write "John Williams music" for Dreamworks games that often sounded better than John Williams music.

Then he got the gig for Pixar writing "John Barry" music.

Tony Perkis

...which is especially appropriate since Giacchino basically began his career by being able to write "John Williams music" for Dreamworks games that often sounded better than John Williams music.

Then he got the gig for Pixar writing "John Barry" music.

He's one of my three favorite working composers. His work on Incredibles, Up, and Star Trek (just looking at the blockbusters) is outstanding. A lot of people were excited for him when he exploded after LOST.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour

Edit:

I won't retract my like. It's too late... I'm off to the land of optimism.

You @BrianLo and @PhotoDave219 have not been that far led astray.... @WDW1974 has very good information.
There will be joy....for both coasts...

*1023*

Bairstow

He's one of my three favorite working composers. His work on Incredibles, Up, and Star Trek (just looking at the blockbusters) is outstanding. A lot of people were excited for him when he exploded after LOST.

I just hope he gets to do a James Bond movie one of these days.

As great as Giacchino is, he's the most fun to listen to when he mimics another composer's style.
I kept bursting out into happy laughter when I saw The Incredibles in the theater because of all the clever Mancini/Barry homages in the score.

Have you listened to the credits music for "Cloverfield"?

Tony Perkis

I just hope he gets to do a James Bond movie one of these days.

As great as Giacchino is, he's the most fun to listen to when he mimics another composer's style.
I kept bursting out into happy laughter when I saw The Incredibles in the theater because of all the clever Mancini/Barry homages in the score.

Have you listened to the credits music for "Cloverfield"?
I have. I was one of those nerds that was fascinated with Cloverfield (until I actually saw it). An interesting piece. Not one of his most memorable, honestly.

I agree with you completely that Giacchino is at his best when working from template (though his Up score is an all timer). There's just a very certain amount of love for these films within his scores. He's not above the material, and doesn't cater down to the absurdity or stupidity of any particular scene. He goes all out every time.

Hell, listen to his score for Land of the Lost. And mostly awful movie (though in a certain inebriated state, I enjoy it), but Giacchino did far more for the film than it rightly deserved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom