A Spirited Perfect Ten

englanddg

One Little Spark...
He's one of my three favorite working composers. His work on Incredibles, Up, and Star Trek (just looking at the blockbusters) is outstanding. A lot of people were excited for him when he exploded after LOST.
This is certainly among his best work. For a TV show, the soundtrack was simply amazing and deep.

He's very talented, and top 5 for me behind Horner (is he confirmed dead, I certainly hope not!), Elfman, Zimmer, and Williams (not in that order).

Tony Perkis

This is certainly among his best work. For a TV show, the soundtrack was simply amazing and deep.

He's very talented, and top 5 for me behind Horner (is he confirmed dead, I certainly hope not!), Elfman, Zimmer, and Williams (not in that order).

I absolutely hated the way the show ended, but this piece in particular was beautiful. This was a legendary piece of television composition.

Cesar R M

It's been a great summer/great year for the studios (just as last year was a bit off). It likely will only get better. JW and Inside Out both are the type of films that look to have significant legs. ... And I actually think that Ant Man will be a bigger hit than some think (no, not Guardians money!)
I think the push by Guardians of the Galaxy, convinced many nansayers than some alternative stories( to the "big guns" of marvel canon) can be interesting too.

Cesar R M

OK, we get it!!!

Why do some people (not specifically you!) feel the need to have 134 posts on a thread saying the exact same thing?
Well, to be honest...
this thread as repeated the same thing about Frozen on Norway nonstop.
Yet people cant fathom how its a bad idea.
Almost feels like people join just to troll about it. (because the answers are a sure thing)

danv3

I just wanted to pass this along as I was told something very interesting and to start with it doesn't come from any business associate of mine, rather an odd circumstance. I know that there was an April Fool's joke floating around about Pepsi replacing Coca-Cola at the Parks and Resorts and this is not based on that.... but apparently that isn't far off according to this individual. She is stating that an agreement will be announced that Pepsi will be replacing Coca-Cola in the theme parks beginning next calendar year. The source of this information is a high-level executive in Park and Resorts. I know that PepsiCo made an agreement with the company for the Shanghai property last year. Take it for what it's worth. It's not a contact of mine, but this individual is completely in the loop of these top decisions. We'll see.

Dislike if true. Guess I'll have to stick to free cups of water!

JT3000

Remember kids, de Nile ain't just a river in Egypt. But if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go ride a unicorn on Mars now.

Is anyone impressed and/or jealous yet?

What do you mean no!?

PhotoDave219

There will be joy but will it be the kind that impresses the pixie dusters or the more discerning guests.... like me!

I might be needlessly cautious here.... because I wanna run and jump and celebrate but I dont think its time yet.

Better wait for the meeting to finish and everything is approved. I mean, last time around, Star Wars got sent back to the drawing board for not being ambitious enough. That was last year tho....

BrerJon

There will be joy but will it be the kind that impresses the pixie dusters or the more discerning guests.... like me!

At this point anything short of the equivalent of two Diagon Alley's would be a big disappointment, and even then we have to wait until 2022 or whenever when we can judge the final product. New Fantasyland looked great when it was announced and all the concept art came out, the reality was mediocre at best, so Disney has a habit of over-promising and under-delivering.

Soarin4Disney

Just saw Inside Out and loved it (as did the entire family). It is funny but after watching it, you would think that it was specifically made to be incorporated into a future theme park ride aside from being an animated movie. The different emotions, coupled with a kids view of how that part of the brain functions, along with the different islands (family, honesty, etc.), you could practically role that into the Imagination Pavilion. Sorry to those devoted to what was old Epcot but you best get ready. This IP seems destined to be placed somewhere.

I could see this as a modern version of Cranium Command if they were ever to open the WoL pavilion again. Sad to see the current state of Epcot.

EDIT: Looks like someone already stated this in an earlier post.

bhg469

So I just witnessed someone on twitter somewhat giggling because they got everest stopped twice because they didn't put away their self stick....

I'm not a big stickler about being stupid in the parks, and short of running around like an idiot on narrow paths I'll look the other way a lot. Having said that, if I'm on a ride and it gets stopped twice because someone has to be the 618,456th person to film everest with their go pro I'm no longer looking the other way guy.

What an ignorant, trashy thing to do.

Last edited:

71jason

As for being a Disney shill just because he gets PR event invites...I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to get on WDW's PR list for years, so I don't begrudge anyone who does get in. I have lots of other friends on the list, and I don't think it necessarily means you don't have journalistic integrity.

I realize a lot of out-of-towners probably don't realize who "skubersky" is ... this ^ means the "theme park beat" reporter for the #2 paper in Orlando can't get credentialed for Disney media events. Yeah, it's a weekly, but it covers legit local news in-depth and has often broken stories. I would argue their coverage of local government and the Orlando arts scene is better than the Sentinel.

Instead, Disney invites some midwest blogger with a couple hundred hits.

ETA: I mean, the Mayor of Orlando gave the Weekly what had to be a 2-hour interview this month. How is there not an open invite for one of their reporters to media events?

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

So I just witnessed someone on twitter somewhat giggling because they got everest stopped twice because they didn't put away their self stick....

I'm not a big stickler about being stupid in the parks, and short of running around like an idiot on narrow paths I'll look the other way a lot. Having said that, if I'm on a ride and it gets stopped twice because someone has to be the 618,456th person to film everest with their go pro I'm no longer look the other way guy.

What an ignorant, trashy thing to do.

Uh, they make chest harnesses if you want to film Everest with a POV/GoPro.

coolbeans14

I've been rewatching lost and enjoying it(not quite at the dreaded final season), but the thing that stands out to me is just how poignant the music is throughout.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I realize a lot of out-of-towners probably don't realize who "skubersky" is ... this ^ means the "theme park beat" reporter for the #2 paper in Orlando can't get credentialed for Disney media events. Yeah, it's a weekly, but it covers legit local news in-depth and has often broken stories. I would argue their coverage of local government and the Orlando arts scene is better than the Sentinel.

Instead, Disney invites some midwest blogger with a couple hundred hits.

ETA: I mean, the Mayor of Orlando gave the Weekly what had to be a 2-hour interview this month. How is there not an open invite for one of their reporters to media events?

Because his paper is unwilling to become a de facto extension of the TWDC PR department...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom