A Spirited Perfect Ten

AEfx

Found a very cool arcade here in NJ and this caught my eye.
View attachment 97794

That's the kind of neat thing that should be at WDW more. That's the biggest difference between WDW of old and new, aside from scope of attraction additions. It's the opposite, really - all those little details that are just so clever, that some folks wouldn't particularly notice, but is such a treat to those that do.

This is like what we are discussing in the other thread about Mr. Gold's shop that appeared on Streets of America - that's one of the Disney Differences that sadly have been lost.

Tigger1988

That's the kind of neat thing that should be at WDW more. That's the biggest difference between WDW of old and new, aside from scope of attraction additions. It's the opposite, really - all those little details that are just so clever, that some folks wouldn't particularly notice, but is such a treat to those that do.

This is like what we are discussing in the other thread about Mr. Gold's shop that appeared on Streets of America - that's one of the Disney Differences that sadly have been lost.
The arcade cabinet is at DisneyQuest, or at least it was at one point.

AEfx

And I hated it....lol

Box office mojo has Inside Out beating Jurassic by 5 million on Friday. I think Jurassic will win Saturday, while Inside Out wins Sunday. Jurassic may come out on top, but not by the almost 50 million dollars most experts were predicting.

Yeah, it's not for me either. I have mixed feelings about the topic (no pun intended). I haven't seen it - don't really plan on it. I think some would be remarkably surprised how few animated Disney films I have seen - particularly Pixar. I'm familiar with the IP's from a park perspective, but not the films. I even own most of them on Blu-ray, LOL...someday, in some big snowstorm I'll sit down and watch them all.

I got the just over 2M figure from Deadline, who updated it this AM - but of course, this is all estimates until Monday morning. In any case, it certainly is a great weekend for the theaters. Given what a poster above said about the "not really for kids so much" aspect of Inside Out, which I have seen a few places, I will also be curious how it's box office legs are. I'm sure it will make a lot of money, but I wonder if it will still be playing August 1st. Will kids want to see it again and again? Pretty sure JW will be playing up until it comes out on video in September (BTW, they have announced all the releases, including a limited edition statue Blu-ray set, LOL).

BTW, funny enough - @PhotoDave219 - I just saw my 2nd trailer for Pixels as I was watching this. I went online to check the release date, and I saw...in addition to Peter Dinklage...SEAN BEAN is in it, as well. :)

Sorry, I should have warned you to place a sheet of plastic down under you before I said that. :)

While it's obviously not going to be the hit of the summer, with the cast they have and a lack of true comedies, I'm betting Adam Sandler has his first minor hit in awhile.

AEfx

The arcade cabinet is at DisneyQuest, or at least it was at one point.

Ah, nice. Sad to say, haven't been there since the year they opened.

I'd love to find that in a store or some place else appropriate in the parks, though - like in Tomorrowland. I just love little things like that which make you stop to absorb and get a little smile instead of just plain vanilla "they are going to run past this so quickly to get to their 1:47PM ride time they won't notice" stuff we tend to see more of these days.

Cesar R M

You're wrong.
http://i.word.com/idictionary/professional
Definitions 2a and 2c.
the other points sort of contradict the points you mentioned and 2.C I dont think applies in this. Since We're still not talking about "sports".

2.A might be the one you're looking for.. but then , does not fit fully in the other characteristic/descriptions of professional ("relating to a job that requires special education, training, or skill" for example)

A more elaborate description in oxford's dictionary.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/professional

in which I yield for this:
2) (Of a person) engaged in a specified activity as one’s main paid occupation rather than as a pastime.

Cesar R M

I'm not sure to what extent the Uni/Marvel agreement would limit this. Thanos is linked in the cinematic universe. I'm not sure about the actual guardians. I want to say they were linked with the avengers in the comics.
Well, the whole Guardians of the Galaxy..(the original of the 80's ) were pretty much sold as "Future's Avengers".
They even had a guy with what seems to be Captain America's shield named Major Vance Astro or Major Victory).

Cesar R M

Please keep in mind that China does not represent 1.4B new customers for Disney.

Quoting from a 2013 article in the NYT:

Average annual income for a family in 2012 was 13,000 renminbi, or about $2,100. When broken down by geography, the survey results showed that the average amount in Shanghai, a huge coastal city, was just over 29,000 renminbi, or $4,700, while the average in Gansu Province, far from the coast in northwest China, was 11,400 renminbi, or just under $2,000. Average family income in urban areas was about $2,600, while it was $1,600 in rural areas.​

Whether a family in China is making $2,100 or $4,700, most are not going to be able to afford Disney's luxury goods.

It's a bit like the Argentinian and Brazilian markets. We frequently discuss WDW visitors from those countries but it's only the top 5% or so of families who can afford trips to WDW.

From a total revenue/profit perspective, the United States will (by far) remaining Disney's #1 market for the foreseeable future, regardless of Disney's success in China.
They will probably do what Many people do. Save for years for that "one of a lifetime" visit?
I still do not think the chinese have that attraction toward Disney stuff as people from LatinAmerica, USA, Canada or England.

Cesar R M

And I hated it....lol

Box office mojo has Inside Out beating Jurassic by 5 million on Friday. I think Jurassic will win Saturday, while Inside Out wins Sunday. Jurassic may come out on top, but not by the almost 50 million dollars most experts were predicting.
Predictions not always pan out. Noone predicted JW to break all records so far.. as the movie (almost?) doubled the predictions.

CDavid

in before it gts transformed into luxury DVC lol

is Fadora a mommy blogger?

Yep. I went looking, and her name is actually Fadra Nally. Somebody here has referenced her in the past, and while I don't mean to steal their thunder, a quick glance at Youtube shows Fadra has posted videos from the invitation only 2015 Disney Social Moms Event back in May.

Right now, she has 87 views. Yes - just eighty-seven. :facepalm:

maxairmike

Yep. I went looking, and her name is actually Fadra Nally. Somebody here has referenced her in the past, and while I don't mean to steal their thunder, a quick glance at Youtube shows Fadra has posted videos from the invitation only 2015 Disney Social Moms Event back in May.

Right now, she has 87 views. Yes - just eighty-seven. :facepalm:

That's just...does she know anything about tags and keywording? Just having Disney in your tags/keywords should be enough for 100+ views on most mediums, especially over the course of a month. Thanks for not linking her page and artificially driving up her views, by the way. The last time that happened with the private 5k/running thing her views increased by nearly 10x if I remember right (from like 20 to over 200), just from being linked in a Spirited thread within a day or two. If she actually cared about the analytics, she would know where those views came from and would be posting her stuff here (at least having a link in a sig)! How much do they spend on those events, again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom