A Spirited Perfect Ten

BrerJon

That, and the directing issues, both seem to me to be entirely born of "how do we avoid criticism that the film is too much like a theme park ride" or too "cookie cutter" when, in fact, that's all anyone really wanted, LOL.

I loved the movie, but it's not without its flaws, the best criticism of it I read was that the first film was 'lessons for smart people', but this one was 'lessons for stupid people'.

Look at the first one - Tim and Lex are both super bright kids, one with paleontology, the other with computers, Grant, Sattler and Malcolm are all super smart.. and in the real world of 1993, smart kids loved the moral questions and read the book - a science-heavy tome about genetics and chaos theory - in their droves.

This one, the only smart characters are the bad guys, and the kids barely show any interest in the multi-thousand dollar vacation they've been given. Imagine if in the first one, instead of decoding Unix systems, Lex had just been pouting over a boy she saw on the jeep tour... and there's almost a fear of spending too long on the 'talky' moral bits in case the audience attention span wanes. The whole thing is rather dumbed down, which is unfortunate, but it's still a fantastic movie nevertheless.

Last edited:

The Tuna

When you say cleaned do you mean guest rooms, property in general?

We were there two weeks ago and each day they were power washing building exteriors. Our rooms were clean. No issues with soiled towels, bed linens, etc. the grounds were well kept and I don't recall seeing any lingering trash.
yeah the beds and carpets mostly.

The Tuna

I stayed the first year it opened, when everything was shiny and new. Over the next five years I watched it go from well-kept to Motel 6 - I've never seen buildings degrade so quickly, and once they made the 50's "premium" priced rooms, I was out.
I paid for a premium room and it was loud all night long. i prefer the extra 3 minute walk to the back of a building where there is less foot traffic. Lesson learned

Cesar R M

flyerjab

Just saw Inside Out and loved it (as did the entire family). It is funny but after watching it, you would think that it was specifically made to be incorporated into a future theme park ride aside from being an animated movie. The different emotions, coupled with a kids view of how that part of the brain functions, along with the different islands (family, honesty, etc.), you could practically role that into the Imagination Pavilion. Sorry to those devoted to what was old Epcot but you best get ready. This IP seems destined to be placed somewhere.

skubersky

Oh, I also got temporarily banned from Theme Park Review recently for saying some things against the current state of WDW,
You're not alone, TPR blocked me on all media (twitter, FB, etc) after I pointed out that every single USB port in the Tangled rest area was broken. Which is a shame, because Robb is always really nice to me when we meet in real life...

Mike S

Just saw Inside Out and loved it (as did the entire family). It is funny but after watching it, you would think that it was specifically made to be incorporated into a future theme park ride aside from being an animated movie. The different emotions, coupled with a kids view of how that part of the brain functions, along with the different islands (family, honesty, etc.), you could practically role that into the Imagination Pavilion. Sorry to those devoted to what was old Epcot but you best get ready. This IP seems destined to be placed somewhere.
And I fully agree.
image.jpg

Thanks @Cmdr_Crimson

AEfx

"Inside Out" had an incredible opening weekend with $91 million domestic, making it Pixar's second highest debut behind "Toy Story 3". Particularly noteworthy is IO made that money despite selling fewer 3D tickets (28 percent versus JW's 48 percent last weekend).
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-inside-hits-record-804015

And the flip side is, it's the first Pixar movie in 20 years that hasn't opened at #1. In spite of the earnings, I fear this may tarnish the BRAND...

'Jurassic World' ends Pixar's box office streak despite big haul by 'Inside Out'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom