A Spirited Perfect Ten

Mike S

Interview with Frank Marshall where Indiana Jones 5 is mentioned.
http://www.slashfilm.com/frank-marshall-interview/
Indiana Jones 5. Is Harrison Ford going to be involved or is Chris Pratt taking over?

No, there’ve been no discussions on that so…

So that’s just like Internet rumors?

Yeah. I mean, we’ve had no discussions on Indy 5 to date.
Also Jurassic World and possible theme park attractions, again, where he even brings up Asia. We all know it's going to Beijing thanks to @WDW1974.
Have there been discussions to bring Jurassic World into the Universal Theme Parks?

Oh yes. The theme parks are very interested. We’ve had a lot of discussions with them for the new parks that are going up in Asia. As well as now this sort of reboot, like they’re doing with Star Wars, whatever rides and concepts there are in the current parks.

Oh that’s really cool. ‘Cause I would love to ride that gyrosphere.

Yeah, by the way, that’s the one they really like. They said to me, ‘we wanna do that.’
I would like to see Indy 5 become a reality someday. My vote would also go to Chris Pratt if they needed someone new for the role.

UpAllNight

Back from my 3 weeks in Orlando, maybe 2/3 years before I return, just one request;

Please Wow me again Disney.

People spend a hell of a lot of money to experience Disney....on what planet must they be on to think that people will enjoy their time at the parks queuing an hour and a half in the blistering heat for a 2 minute ride (mine train). They're disappointing their customers...and with Universal doing the wowing down the road, people will grow up craving a trip to Universal more than that trip to Disney.

I love Disney, I really do....and the classic rides make it still worthwhile visiting. The atmosphere is great and the castmembers are largely a joy....there's so many great aspects to Disney parks, but it needs BIG investment NOW to solve the issues and ensure people like me don't return a few years down the line for the same 'well it was great, but I preferred Universal' type response it's got from me and my party.

Pre trip my 3 florida virgins were talking Disney all the time. Post trip it's Universal.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Interview with Frank Marshall where Indiana Jones 5 is mentioned.
http://www.slashfilm.com/frank-marshall-interview/

Also Jurassic World and possible theme park attractions, again, where he even brings up Asia. We all know it's going to Beijing thanks to @WDW1974.

I would like to see Indy 5 become a reality someday. My vote would also go to Chris Pratt if they needed someone new for the role.

The park which must not be named is looking at Gyrosphere rides, Meanwhile at WDW the senior management is debating 'surge pricing' and whether to increase the price of a 'themed cupcake' to 12 dollars from 9

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Back from my 3 weeks in Orlando, maybe 2/3 years before I return, just one request;

Please Wow me again Disney.

People spend a hell of a lot of money to experience Disney....on what planet must they be on to think that people will enjoy their time at the parks queuing an hour and a half in the blistering heat for a 2 minute ride (mine train). They're disappointing their customers...and with Universal doing the wowing down the road, people will grow up craving a trip to Universal more than that trip to Disney.

I love Disney, I really do....and the classic rides make it still worthwhile visiting. The atmosphere is great and the castmembers are largely a joy....there's so many great aspects to Disney parks, but it needs BIG investment NOW to solve the issues and ensure people like me don't return a few years down the line for the same 'well it was great, but I preferred Universal' type response it's got from me and my party.

Pre trip my 3 florida virgins were talking Disney all the time. Post trip it's Universal.

^^^^ THIS ^^^ x10,000 Spent 10 days in May @ AKL but only went to DISNEY parks 3 days... This was a Orlando vacation not a Disney vacation.

UpAllNight

What's the problem with Disney World?

For me it's that they set the standards, the standards have now been matched and in some aspects, raised...and Disney whilst still riding the wave of years and years of customer loyalty and childhood memories etc, they're no longer the only ones that are leaving people amazed. My party's experiences of Disney would have been far more positive, if they hadn't been to Universal and experienced anything alternative.

Kids are growing up so fast, I think it's lazy to assume universal is for adults....I saw so many kids come off Transformers absolutely amazed by what they'd just experienced. As much as I love the classics, can some rotating animatronics really excite kids these days? I'm not talking 10 years and under, but the 10+ group (obviously a generalisation but you get the jist) I just want Disney to become groundbreaking again. There are parts that are so dated they were almost excruciating to ride.

brb1006

What about the meet and greets? I always loved seeing the character interactions for the Disney parks compared to Universal. Since characters would pop up random while Disney tells you the time they would show up and even sign you're autographs.

lazyboy97o

What about the meet and greets? I always loved seeing the character interactions for the Disney parks compared to Universal. Since characters would pop up random while Disney tells you the time they would show up and even sign you're autographs.
Meet and greets are a big part of the problem. The parks were not created to be a place to only see things done elsewhere.

bhg469

Disney definitely has the meet and greet market cornered but even now that is a little less true. I have never had a desire to pose with any characters but now that Universal has the raptor encounter, transformers and of course Shrek and Donkey, they definitely have quality opportunities. Special mention for Doc Brown as well.

Last edited:

Mike S

Disney definitely has the meet and greet market cornered but even now that is a little less true. I have never had a desire to pose with any characters but now that Universal has the raptor encounter, transformers and of course Shrek and Donkey, they definitely have quality opportunities. Special mention for Doc Brown as well.
And soon.........
image.jpg

wogwog

I just made a terrible mistake and decided to drive to DtD. I am trying to not freak...:eek:
If you don't like DTD tonight you might not want to go to the MK tomorrow. A member of my poker group tonight who is a Coordinator at the MK says they are expecting a tour group of over 700 tomorrow 6/20. I would imagine that will be Brazilian teenagers. "Follow the flag and chant!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom