A Spirited Perfect Ten

BrerJon

What about the meet and greets? I always loved seeing the character interactions for the Disney parks compared to Universal. Since characters would pop up random while Disney tells you the time they would show up and even sign you're autographs.

I think you're yanking everyone's chain, but just in case you're serious... firstly Universal has plenty of fixed character spots (Transformers, Springfield, Raptor), and even the random ones are usually just wandering around a small area.

But even if that was bad, characters popping up at random used to be how it was done at Disney, and it was so much better - it gave a feel that they actually lived in the world. Now they're all tied down to fixed meeting places, you just get the feel the parks are where the characters clock in for their work shifts, as opposed to a magical place where you can turn a corner and find a character enjoying their day in the park just as you are.

Last edited:

BrerJon

Back from my 3 weeks in Orlando, maybe 2/3 years before I return, just one request;

Please Wow me again Disney.

Disney won't be interested in wowing you until you have little kids in tow. Families with children 10 and under are pretty much the only guests they're interested in, so they're more than happy if other demographics continually are disappointed and prefer to go up the road, as they know they'll be back as soon as they have children.

Tigger1988

But even if that was bad, characters popping up at random used to be how it was done at Disney, and it was so much better - it gave a feel that they actually lived in the world. Now they're all tied down to fixed meeting places, you just get the feel the parks are where the characters clock in for their work shifts, as opposed to a magical place where you can turn a corner and find a character enjoying their day in the park just as you are.
I'll take structured M&Gs over the madness WDW used to have any day. I witnessed fights between parents because their kid was "next" in the non-existent line. 90% of my childhood photos with characters have random children in them. Preventing people from mobbing characters (which is what used to happen) is safer for guests and CMs.

AEfx

My last stay at POP was terrible. it felt like they hadn't cleaned it in the year since I had been there. I had stayed there 4 trips in a row so it was a bit of a let down.

I stayed the first year it opened, when everything was shiny and new. Over the next five years I watched it go from well-kept to Motel 6 - I've never seen buildings degrade so quickly, and once they made the 50's "premium" priced rooms, I was out.

EPCOTCenterLover

I give my honest opinion. It may not be popular, but I will always give it. Inside Out was not an enjoyable movie for me personally. Neither was Up or Wall-E for that matter.
It was creative and well done but it was not fun. And I agree on Wall-E and Up. Once was enough for both of those.

Mike S

hopemax

Well there is your problem, LOL. ;)

You'll find it's best to wean yourself off of going to the DISgraceful site where the worst of the Pixie Dusters, the worst of the slack-jaws, and the worst of the big fish little pond "experts" converge into one site with the highest S:N ratio in the Disney online community. ;)

I've been over there long, long before I was aware of this place. It has it's element, but they've been weakened quite a bit as of late between the guest service issues and Universal's building spree. But it's still one of the biggest areas for trip planning, so when you see first time trip reports say their least favorite stuff was the non-IP driven stuff (and they don't get into the trolling anywhere else) it's something to keep an eye on.

Phil12

I've been over there long, long before I was aware of this place. It has it's element, but they've been weakened quite a bit as of late between the guest service issues and Universal's building spree. But it's still one of the biggest areas for trip planning, so when you see first time trip reports say their least favorite stuff was the non-IP driven stuff (and they don't get into the trolling anywhere else) it's something to keep an eye on.
I think the best thing that ever developed from the DIS are the Snarky Chickens and the UnDIS (i.e. Circle of Sarcasm). It's very much a badge of honor for those folks to have been banned from the DIS. But they too learned that their ranks were quickly invaded by the unwashed. It's inevitable on public forums for disagreements to ensue because of the diverse nature of the membership. And largely people tend to form their ideas and beliefs not so much on proof or evidence but more upon what they find to be attractive. But it's very entertaining to watch as people justify their belief in fantasy, rumor and other hogwash.

It's also important to always keep in mind that some lifelong fans are very obsessive about their belief system. They will resort to ad hominem attacks if they perceive others are not buying into their system. Over the years I've seen some of them that don't seem to own a pair of unwadded panties or underwear.

truecoat

Thanks, Pixar. Thanks, Pete Docter. I'm 50 years old and I was crying at the movies. My wife will make fun of me the rest of my life because I started crying at
the death of Bing Bong.
. Yeah you read that right. I haven't cried at a movie since the end of Life is a Beautiful and now this of all things. I must be getting old...

Last edited:

Stevek

Don't know about you all, but I HATED Inside Out!
Just got back from seeing it with the family and while I didn't hate it, I really did not enjoy it much at all. Didn't laugh once, didn't really care about the characters. Probably my second least favorite Pixar flick behind Cars 2. My wife, two daughters and their friend...none of them really liked it either. Kinda bummed as I generally really like Pixar releases but I gotta say that Big Hero 6, Wreck it Ralph and dare I say Frozen from Disney Animation were miles better.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom