A Spirited Perfect Ten

Cesar R M

So I just watched a trailer for "Disney Dream Finders." I'm not so sure Lava soap and a Brillo pad could scrub the ick off my skin after watching. Creepy.
I Was picked by curiosity, then I found this gem in the description..

successful professional Disney fans in the industry

pffffffffffff HA HA HA HA HA "Professional" "Fans"

jzDp0XG.gif

SJN1279

Just got back from seeing it with the family and while I didn't hate it, I really did not enjoy it much at all. Didn't laugh once, didn't really care about the characters. Probably my second least favorite Pixar flick behind Cars 2. My wife, two daughters and their friend...none of them really liked it either. Kinda bummed as I generally really like Pixar releases but I gotta say that Big Hero 6, Wreck it Ralph and dare I say Frozen from Disney Animation were miles better.

What about Frankenweenie?! I was so hoping for it to be a hit, and that Sparky would have been added into the Haunted Mansion, but it was not to be.

Mike S

Thanks, Pixar. Thanks, Pete Docter. I'm 50 years old and I was crying at the movies. My wife will make fun of me the rest of my life because I started crying at
the death of Bing Bong.
. Yeah you read that right. I haven't cried at a movie since the end of Life is a Beautiful and now this of all things. I must be getting old...
Life is Beautiful is an amazing movie. Absolutely loved it :)

CinematicFusion

Just got back from seeing it with the family and while I didn't hate it, I really did not enjoy it much at all. Didn't laugh once, didn't really care about the characters. Probably my second least favorite Pixar flick behind Cars 2. My wife, two daughters and their friend...none of them really liked it either. Kinda bummed as I generally really like Pixar releases but I gotta say that Big Hero 6, Wreck it Ralph and dare I say Frozen from Disney Animation were miles better.

My nanny watched it and said I shouldn't take my little girls, they wouldn't like it. She said it wasn't fun.
I still want to see it, it's getting great reviews.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My last stay at POP was terrible. it felt like they hadn't cleaned it in the year since I had been there. I had stayed there 4 trips in a row so it was a bit of a let down.
When you say cleaned do you mean guest rooms, property in general?

We were there two weeks ago and each day they were power washing building exteriors. Our rooms were clean. No issues with soiled towels, bed linens, etc. the grounds were well kept and I don't recall seeing any lingering trash.

Stevek

My nanny watched it and said I shouldn't take my little girls, they wouldn't like it. She said it wasn't fun.
I still want to see it, it's getting great reviews.
Which is one of the reasons I was excited to see it...felt there was no way it could miss. Bur it did for all 5 of us.

Goofyernmost

I think the best thing that ever developed from the DIS are the Snarky Chickens and the UnDIS (i.e. Circle of Sarcasm). It's very much a badge of honor for those folks to have been banned from the DIS. But they too learned that their ranks were quickly invaded by the unwashed. It's inevitable on public forums for disagreements to ensue because of the diverse nature of the membership. And largely people tend to form their ideas and beliefs not so much on proof or evidence but more upon what they find to be attractive. But it's very entertaining to watch as people justify their belief in fantasy, rumor and other hogwash.

It's also important to always keep in mind that some lifelong fans are very obsessive about their belief system. They will resort to ad hominem attacks if they perceive others are not buying into their system. Over the years I've seen some of them that don't seem to own a pair of unwadded panties or underwear.
Just a note here... it doesn't take all that much to get banned from the great and wonderful DIS. I was temporarily banned because someone took exception to something I said. Now, I do know me will enough to know that I am perfectly capable of doing that from time to time, but, in this case they just read it wrong and I was banned for arguing with another poster. Seriously, someone was so sensitive that they reported me and the irony was that I was agreeing with them, they just read the first few words and blanked out from there.

No great loss... to me.

PhotoDave219

Just a note here... it doesn't take all that much to get banned from the great and wonderful DIS. I was temporarily banned because someone took exception to something I said. Now, I do know me will enough to know that I am perfectly capable of doing that from time to time, but, in this case they just read it wrong and I was banned for arguing with another poster. Seriously, someone was so sensitive that they reported me and the irony was that I was agreeing with them, they just read the first few words and blanked out from there.

No great loss... to me.

Oh god. I'd last hours....

polynesiangirl

Reading the DIS gives me a headache for many reasons. I've never had an account there or anything but I find it really hard to read. Even just the layout of the site here is so much better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom