A Spirited Perfect Ten

stevehousse

So, the previews for Zootopia and Good Dinosaur should be attached to all showing of Inside Out. And again, Disney just fails miserably at marketing their own films!

Now Good Dinosaur does look good, but the trailer really doesnt give you much more than the asteroid that killed the dinos never happened. I understand that there has been massive changes to Dino that delayed its 2014 opening, including getting rid of basically the entire voice cast except one actor and replaced them with new people because of how vast the story had changed, but at least they give you more than Zootopia;s trailer!

Zootopia's trailer is even worse that the trailer for Frozen! I dont know how that is possible, but it is! Its bascially Jason Bateman telling us that animals walk on 2 feet and wear clothes, and im not kidding, thats it! No mention of any kind of story whatsoever, who the characters are, etc. It has to be one of the most boring, uninteresting trailers i have ever seen for a kids movie. The trailer doesnt even appeal to kids at all! I just dont understand their film marketing for their prized animated features! its mind boggling!!!

If i made a movie, and all they did for a trailer is put a talking fox in front of a white background telling people nonsense for a minute and a half, i would demand some answers on what the heck is going on with the marketing of my film!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
So, the previews for Zootopia and Good Dinosaur should be attached to all showing of Inside Out. And again, Disney just fails miserably at marketing their own films!

Now Good Dinosaur does look good, but the trailer really doesnt give you much more than the asteroid that killed the dinos never happened. I understand that there has been massive changes to Dino that delayed its 2014 opening, including getting rid of basically the entire voice cast except one actor and replaced them with new people because of how vast the story had changed, but at least they give you more than Zootopia;s trailer!

Zootopia's trailer is even worse that the trailer for Frozen! I dont know how that is possible, but it is! Its bascially Patrick Bateman telling us that animals walk on 2 feet and wear clothes, and im not kidding, thats it! No mention of any kind of story whatsoever, who the characters are, etc. It has to be one of the most boring, uninteresting trailers i have ever seen for a kids movie. The trailer doesnt even appeal to kids at all! I just dont understand their film marketing for their prized animated features! its mind boggling!!!

If i made a movie, and all they did for a trailer is put a talking fox in front of a white background telling people nonsense for a minute and a half, i would demand some answers on what the heck is going on with the marketing of my film!
Is the Zootopia trailer actually a trailer? I thought it was classified more as a "teaser" than a proper trailer.

stevehousse

Is the Zootopia trailer actually a trailer? I thought it was classified more as a "teaser" than a proper trailer.
a teaser trailer is usually less than minute long. This trailer is almost 2 minutes in length, and doesnt tell you anything about the movie. The point of a teaser trailer it to get you excited and interested in the film, and this does not do that at all! it really doesnt matter what you classify it as, other than it stinks worse than those new poo brownies at AK!

Cody5294

Zootopia's trailer is even worse that the trailer for Frozen! I dont know how that is possible, but it is! Its bascially Jason Bateman telling us that animals walk on 2 feet and wear clothes, and im not kidding, thats it! No mention of any kind of story whatsoever, who the characters are, etc. It has to be one of the most boring, uninteresting trailers i have ever seen for a kids movie. The trailer doesnt even appeal to kids at all! I just dont understand their film marketing for their prized animated features! its mind boggling!!!

They showed the Zootopia trailer during my showing of Inside Out and after the trailer was over all I heard was kids saying how they wanted to see it, so the trailer was effective for the audience in my theatre. Zootopia doesn't even come out for another 9 months. I'm sure the next trailer will give us a solid look on what the actual film is all about

Mike S

They showed the Zootopia trailer during my showing of Inside Out and after the trailer was over all I heard was kids saying how they wanted to see it, so the trailer was effective for the audience in my theatre. Zootopia doesn't even come out for another 9 months. I'm sure the next trailer will give us a solid look on what the actual film is all about
And it'll likely come out with Good Dinosaur.

SYRIK2000

We save the cash then move money through the account to secure the gift cards.

I was thinking of doing the reverse. I can get $150 worth of Disney GCs at Sam's Club for $143. I was going to do this and put the GCs into the DVA and add in the $7 as well to save $157. Then get the GCs back from DVA for paying the trip from there.

andysol

You don't make movies.

This decade Disney Animation had- Tangled with $591M, Wreck-it-Ralph with $471M, Frozen did $1.274B (This is the one you also said had a crappy teaser), and Big Hero 6 did $652M

So I am going to have to nod in the direction of Disney's marketing department vs your opinion. Track record and all- don't take it personally.

Last edited:

stevehousse

It's a teaser. Even has Teaser written all over the officially uploaded video on Youtube.
again, it doesnt matter whats its labeled as, a teaser is suppose to get you excited to see a film. does this teaser make you excited and want to run out and go see it the second it comes out like a proper teaser trailer should?

Tigger1988

again, it doesnt matter whats its labeled as, a teaser is suppose to get you excited to see a film. does this teaser make you excited and want to run out and go see it the second it comes out like a proper teaser trailer should?
Actually, it kinda does matter what it's labeled as.

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's no longer a teaser trailer. Personal opinions on the content of the video really have no basis in the discussion, it's a teaser.

Frozen's teaser was nearly 2 minutes long and didn't for a second show the two main characters or give any information about the film's plot.

stevehousse

Actually, it kinda does matter what it's labeled as.

Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it's no longer a teaser trailer. Personal opinions on the content of the video really have no basis in the discussion, it's a teaser.

Frozen's teaser was nearly 2 minutes long and didn't for a second show the two main characters or give any information about the film's plot.

and that is exactly what i am trying to get at. Why showcase a trailer on a film, and make the trailer have nothing to do with said movie, just like they did with Frozen? It doesnt make sense. thats like Oreo brand saying they have a new oreo flavor debuting soon, and it turns out to not even be a new oreo cookie, but a chocolate chip cookie instead.

The teaser for Good Dinosaur at least tells you what the movie is about, albeit limited.

NowInc

All of the reviews of the teaser (and what a sad world we live in where such a thing exists...reviewing a 2 minute video) have been overwhelmingly positive..even on the official videos youtube channel.

Teasers are typically vague. Look at Star Wars. Put the whole fandom aside and that teaser explains very little of what the movie is about.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The distinction has always been completely arbitrary.
These days, where major releases might get a dozen or more different trailers and TV spots, "teaser" just means it's the first one of several.
Agree to disagree, I suppose. I expect much more from a trailer attached to a film two months prior to its release than from a YouTube clip put out nine months prior to its release.

Teaser:

Trailer:

The distinction between those is not arbitrary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom