A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

MerlinTheGoat

FP definitely increased waits at some attractions (Pirates, Dinosaur, Imagination come to mind), and lowered it at others. It had the effect of spreading people around the parks.
I was actually visiting WDW the week they added FP to Pirates and Mansion. During the first several days of my visit, these rides were practically walk-ons, never exceeding 5-10 minutes. That has been a fairly consistent and common wait during the moderate to slow seasons for years if not decades prior, with only busy seasons being higher. On the day they added FP to these however, the standby waits became 20-40 plus minutes, and that has remained fairly consistent for the slow-moderate seasons since then (busy seasons have also massively jumped in waits). Only recently has there been any reduction in these waits (much lower attendance overall from high prices and recent violence/death involving WDW and Orlando).

Also I believe someone (might have been @marni1971 but I don't recall) mentioned when they were first running Mermaid at MK, they tested it with and without FP. FP caused similar to even more extreme before and after results to Mermaid as POTC and Mansion got.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Also I believe someone (might have been @marni1971 but I don't recall) mentioned when they were first running Mermaid at MK, they tested it with and without FP. FP caused similar to even more extreme before and after results to Mermaid as POTC and Mansion got.
It was me. I was lucky enough to experience the soft opening day, and be in Fantasyland when FP was switched on.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
According to the other site apparently River Country might be filled in due to the threat of Zika and the pools being a breeding ground for mosquitoes. Not sure how much credibility that has but an interesting thought nonetheless

Well if WDW is worried about that they are gonna need to fill in every pond and puddle on property, No on second thought they probably need to redo the CASTLE BRAVO nuclear test and make sure there are no ponds anywhere anymore ....

RSoxNo1

I was actually visiting WDW the week they added FP to Pirates and Mansion. During the first several days of my visit, these rides were practically walk-ons, never exceeding 5-10 minutes. That has been a fairly consistent and common wait during the moderate to slow seasons for years if not decades prior, with only busy seasons being higher. On the day they added FP to these however, the standby waits became 20-40 plus minutes, and that has remained fairly consistent for the slow-moderate seasons since then (busy seasons have also massively jumped in waits). Only recently has there been any reduction in these waits (much lower attendance overall from high prices and recent violence/death involving WDW and Orlando).

Here's the thing with Pirates and Mansion though, it jacks up the standby wait time, but often times if you've used your first 3 FP, you can get one within 10 minutes of the current time. It's an extra unnecessary step, but the wait time can still be reduced if you know what you're doing.

The problem is, you shouldn't have to know these things.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here's the thing with Pirates and Mansion though, it jacks up the standby wait time, but often times if you've used your first 3 FP, you can get one within 10 minutes of the current time. It's an extra unnecessary step, but the wait time can still be reduced if you know what you're doing.

Here's another thing.

Neither of them should have nor need Fastpass.

Not that marketing would agree.

RSoxNo1

Here's another thing.

Neither of them should have nor need Fastpass.

Not that marketing would agree.
Agreed, but with the caveat that maybe 15 days a year Fastpass could be utilized here.

It's why reverting back to the same day only reservations and only activating attractions that need it on any given day is a much better system. Digitizing the Fastpass system is a convenience, but it comes at the expense of so many other mistakes.

My perfect Fastpass world would be day of reservations only. You can only and always hold two Fastpasses at a time with the option of selecting times. This would allow you to select a nighttime show if you so desire. The ability to make these reservations on our smart phones combined with the centralized distribution locations should make this possible.

Cesar R M

Well if WDW is worried about that they are gonna need to fill in every pond and puddle on property, No on second thought they probably need to redo the CASTLE BRAVO nuclear test and make sure there are no ponds anywhere anymore ....
they just need to keep the water moving and circulating.
the mosquitoes like puddles, not lakes.

HauntedMansionFLA

We are going this December and I can't believe the pre-trip planning. I'm easy going with an idea of what park to go too. But I like to do stuff on the fly without everything being planned out.

mimitchi33

Matt7187

Call me crazy, but I actually like the new FP system, you just have to know how to take advantage of it. In MK last Friday, my mom and I used 13 FP's and got on all the headliners with no waits. We would have never been able to do that on the old system.

HauntedMansionFLA

Call me crazy, but I actually like the new FP system, you just have to know how to take advantage of it. In MK last Friday, my mom and I used 13 FP's and got on all the headliners with no waits. We would have never been able to do that on the old system.
Did you use the first three fast passes at 9,10 and 11 - right when the park opened? Wow, good for you and your mom. It made your trip fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom