A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

RSoxNo1

We are going this December and I can't believe the pre-trip planning. I'm easy going with an idea of what park to go too. But I like to do stuff on the fly without everything being planned out.
At MK if you know what you're doing the planning really stops around lunch time. After that you can go FP+ to FP+. The other parks aren't positioned as well, but I'm ok with how it works at MK and DAK.

HauntedMansionFLA

At MK if you know what you're doing the planning really stops around lunch time. After that you can go FP+ to FP+. The other parks aren't positioned as well, but I'm ok with how it works at MK and DAK.
Can you work the system in your favor at DAK as well. I have to ask since it's my favorite park:) I am hopeful that ROL will be up and running. We loved DAK at night when they offered evening EMH back in the mid 2000's. The TOL looks breathe taking when it comes alive.

Soarin' Over Pgh

It's way too busy for animated characters. I get they were trying to get them as realistic to real clocks and candelabra's but they went a little too liberace and too overly designed. This would a case where less is more whereas other live action Disney films would better off with more detail.

...I'm digging the clock, err, Cogsworth.

I'm trying to maintain calm over this movie. I've been disappointed too many times with the live action remakes, but maaaaaaaan do I want to see this one! Already have it planned out with friends involving dinner and drinks.

TalkingHead

I know inflated wait times were discussed earlier in this thread. This week I've seen wait times from 15-20 minutes over the actual time. Sure, a couple of rides were pretty accurate, but it was frequent enough that I found myself skeptical of all the wait times.

Also saw the Star Wars fireworks show at DHS. I don't know what the consensus is, but I thought it felt very uneven. There were some creative uses of the Chinese Theater as a projection surface -- the best thing we've seen Disney do with Star Wars since the Lucasfilm purchase, I daresay. But the show on the whole is narratively all over the place. At least, I couldn't follow the sequencing.

It doesn't help that the fireworks aren't integrated into the projection show. They're off to the side and while they give you something to look at when you get bored with the projections, I don't see how it's all supposed to tie together. I'm hoping it was an entertainment rush job and better things await especially if we're going to be treated to a decade of Star Wars nighttime shows.

Journey_On

It's funny how Anna and Kristoff are looking up at your picture on the frame.
Which part do they take your picture at on this ride?

Right after the drop. Personally, I think it would be more fitting in the scene after the drop. Also then the emergency stairs wouldn't be visible in the photo.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I know inflated wait times were discussed earlier in this thread. This week I've seen wait times from 15-20 minutes over the actual time. Sure, a couple of rides were pretty accurate, but it was frequent enough that I found myself skeptical of all the wait times.

Also saw the Star Wars fireworks show at DHS. I don't know what the consensus is, but I thought it felt very uneven. There were some creative uses of the Chinese Theater as a projection surface -- the best thing we've seen Disney do with Star Wars since the Lucasfilm purchase, I daresay. But the show on the whole is narratively all over the place. At least, I couldn't follow the sequencing.

It doesn't help that the fireworks aren't integrated into the projection show. They're off to the side and while they give you something to look at when you get bored with the projections, I don't see how it's all supposed to tie together. I'm hoping it was an entertainment rush job and better things await especially if we're going to be treated to a decade of Star Wars nighttime shows.
"Rush jobs" and entertainment "thrown together at the last minute" are WDW's new version of an E ticket. But its cool. They keep talking about building new stuff years down the rode so that means they still care about our experience!..., maybe one day we will see some shovels moving dirt.

Brer Panther

Cogsworth looks eerily like the parody of him that appears in Shrek 2...
latest

MotherOfBirds

"Rush jobs" and entertainment "thrown together at the last minute" are WDW's new version of an E ticket. But its cool. They keep talking about building new stuff years down the rode so that means they still care about our experience!..., maybe one day we will see some shovels moving dirt.
Giving the devil his dues, FotLK was thrown together at the last minute from leftover bits and pieces and it remains a really popular show. Not disagreeing with you over the recent additions/mutilations.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Can you work the system in your favor at DAK as well. I have to ask since it's my favorite park:) I am hopeful that ROL will be up and running. We loved DAK at night when they offered evening EMH back in the mid 2000's. The TOL looks breathe taking when it comes alive.
Right now it's not really necessary to "work" the system. I spread out the FP+ reservations at DAK for Safaris, Everest and DINOSAUR.

Mike S

I thought it was great when I saw it. If only we can get a new show to replace Wishes...
Giving the devil hus dues, FotLK was thrown together at the last minute from leftover bits and pieces and it remains a reall popular show. Not disagreeing with you over the recent additions/mutilations.
It deserves all the popularity it gets.

Magenta Panther

Disney's deal with Netflix starts September 1. I guess we get to watch Song of the South finally. ;):rolleyes::hilarious::joyfull:

I wish...

I still think that with a little judicious editing, the movie would be fine. I doubt that James Baskett would be happy with the idea that his iconic performance is offensive to anyone. When I saw the movie as a kid, I loved Uncle Remus. To me, he was awesome, like Mary Poppins or Peter Pan.

Magenta Panther

I think they seem pretty neat looking. You certainly wouldn't want something as plain as the animated version and, if you must do live action updates, they should have their own distinct aspects compared to the toons.

Hmmm....I get what you're saying, FWIW. But remember what happened with the Pete's Dragon remake. The new version of Elliott is, frankly, a disaster. And so wrong-headed. The original design worked, and people loved it and remember it fondly. The new design destroys the nostalgic appeal, and is just weird-looking and doesn't even remotely look like a dragon. Major fail IMO. A remake of a film ought to improve on the original, or what's the point?

HauntedMansionFLA

I wish...

I still think that with a little judicious editing, the movie would be fine. I doubt that James Baskett would be happy with the idea that his iconic performance is offensive to anyone. When I saw the movie as a kid, I loved Uncle Remus. To me, he was awesome, like Mary Poppins or Peter Pan.
I know. It would be a very good teachable moment for parents with kids about our past history and we have changed over the years from that mindset. But yes, Uncle Remus always brought a smile to my face and I didn't see the color of his skin. Just a kind, hearted older man telling awesome stories.

Magenta Panther

I know. It would be a very good teachable moment for parents with kids about our past history and we have changed over the years from that mindset. But yes, Uncle Remus always brought a smile to my face and I didn't see the color of his skin. Just a kind, hearted older man telling awesome stories.

Precisely! To me, he was like my grandpa. A trusted, benevolent guide and mentor. I bet most kids would see him that way - if the PC Police would actually let them see the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom