A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

brb1006

Concept art for the never made "Epic Donald" game has just been up on Ebay.
http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/epic-donald-sequel-to-epic-mickey-series.62755/
s-l1600.jpg

Pam Hates Penguins

Now you can take home a photo of you with absolutely no sign of the ride itself, except the filthy front of the boat (and I can't figure out what's in the background- are those steps?)

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/08/say-freeze-disney-photopass-captures-your-adventure-on-frozen-ever-after/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+DisneyParks+(Disney+Parks+Blog)

ksfw3r13.jpg

I've always wanted a commemorative dirty boat pic!

If it were at a Six Flags park, it would be considered a good photo.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Silly man.

Everyone knows GotG belongs in the new country pavilion, FutureWorld.

(Side note I'm not up to date on the Epcot threads, for all I know this is a real thing)

I just had a thought. If we eff up the spelling of Futureworld to make it appear like its from the Galaxy, then we should forgive the location amongst countries....of this world.

I'm trying to find some humor in this.

I hereby nominate Futrwrld.

BrianLo

Shifting gears for a bit, I've been on nights and able to peruse the Shanghai Disney wait times occasionally as a result.

We are now more than two months out from opening, but still on the last legs of the peak flex pricing days (set to drop a reasonably substantial 26% September 1st).

I'm still consistently seeing wait times in excess of what I experienced on the sold out 'capacity' Saturday for the opening period (the actual opening day itself was capacity restricted due to the shorted hours of operation).

Really meaning a few things:
1. Shanghai continues to run at or near capacity despite cheaper pricing kicking in very soon.
2. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually have somewhat continued to bump allowable capacity considering everything is posting bad waits, even Pirates.
3. Those doomsday Shanghai predictions are starting to come off the rails.
4. I'd anticipate annual attendance matching or exceeding their stated goals at this rate (without having to lie to get there).
5. Even with expected posted losses, the removal of the capex will easily prop up P&R for the next four quarters. Which is good considering how things at WDW have been sounding lately.

For reference, sampling of wait ranges from opening to mid-day the past 10 days:
Soaring - 130-150 minutes
Roaring - 120-180 minutes
SDMT - 105-135 minutes
Tron - 75-135 minutes (plus one opening at 30)
Pan - 40-75 minutes
Voyage - 30-40 minutes (opening 5)
Pirates - 30-50 minutes (opening 5)
Pooh - 40-75 minutes
Canoes - 40 minutes (!!one opening 105!!)

The rest is what you'd expect 30-50ish minutes. Even omnimovers like Buzz. You actually can't get on anything in under thirty minutes for the majority of the day, even mid-week.

One final thing: to the surprise of no one they desperately need more capacity. At least they have the justification that the park thus far is suceeding.

mimitchi33

Now you can take home a photo of you with absolutely no sign of the ride itself, except the filthy front of the boat (and I can't figure out what's in the background- are those steps?)

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/08/say-freeze-disney-photopass-captures-your-adventure-on-frozen-ever-after/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+DisneyParks+(Disney+Parks+Blog)

ksfw3r13.jpg

I've always wanted a commemorative dirty boat pic!
It's funny how Anna and Kristoff are looking up at your picture on the frame.
Which part do they take your picture at on this ride?
Shifting gears for a bit, I've been on nights and able to peruse the Shanghai Disney wait times occasionally as a result.

We are now more than two months out from opening, but still on the last legs of the peak flex pricing days (set to drop a reasonably substantial 26% September 1st).

I'm still consistently seeing wait times in excess of what I experienced on the sold out 'capacity' Saturday for the opening period (the actual opening day itself was capacity restricted due to the shorted hours of operation).

1. Shanghai continues to run at or near capacity despite cheaper pricing kicking in very soon.
2. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually have somewhat continued to bump allowable capacity considering everything is posting bad waits, even Pirates.
4. I'd anticipate annual attendance matching or exceeding their stated goals at this rate (without having to lie to get there).
5. Even with expected posted losses, the removal of the capex will easily prop up P&R for the next four quarters. Which is good considering how things at WDW have been sounding lately.

For reference, sampling of wait ranges from opening to mid-day the past 10 days:
SDMT - 105-135 minutes
Pan - 40-75 minutes
Pooh - 40-75 minutes

The rest is what you'd expect 30-50ish minutes. Even omnimovers like Buzz. You actually can't get on anything in under thirty minutes for the majority of the day, even mid-week.

One final thing: to the surprise of no one they desperately need more capacity. At least they have the justification that the park thus far is suceeding.
Woah. I expected long waits, but none under 30 minutes? Then again, China has one of the largest populations in the world...

truecoat

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing: that it was all started by a train. Er... a mouse. Actually, I guess it was started by a train... Hm." -Walt Disney

I just find it funny that they built a replica of a train station in Shainghai but not the train. What's the first shot of the making of Disneyland Shanghai? The train at Disneyland.

Cesar R M

SDMT - 105-135 minutes
Pan - 40-75 minutes
Pooh - 40-75 minutes

I actually wonder how populated the park is?
Also, because its new. The majority would travel around the park and attend the attractions less than normal right?
Speaking of these statistics... do they count downtime? I remember someone mentioned that Pirates, Roaring and Tron constantly go down for issues. Particularly Roaring Rapids.

BrianLo

I actually wonder how populated the park is?
Also, because its new. The majority would travel around the park and attend the attractions less than normal right?
Speaking of these statistics... do they count downtime? I remember someone mentioned that Pirates, Roaring and Tron constantly go down for issues. Particularly Roaring Rapids.

Admittedly this is far from Touring Plans level of statistics (I don't know if @lentesta is tracking shanghai at all).

Downtime seems to have significantly improved. The only data point I have with an attraction down is Roaring Rapids, which previously was down for about 75% of the opening weekend.

Hong Kong and Paris had both collapsed on themselves by this point in their life cycle. Shanghai may still prove troublesome, but if it keeps kicking through to the new fiscal year, I imagine the big expansion plans beyond Toy Story will start.

AEfx

But...the whole thing is a mess, right? Darth Iger's biggest failure ever? I mean, I thought he pretty much doomed the entire park when they didn't publish that one photo of him from the publicity blitz? Don't tell me that all we have believed in has come crashing down by...being a success?

Say it ain't so!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom