A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

UpAllNight

Perhaps Disney Parks™ aren’t for me, but folks need to be capable of critical thinking. If you knew what WDI really spent on Pandora, you’d know they had enough money, in theory, to do a Pandora E Ticket and pad out the rest of the park with the attractions it needs. A similar case with Galaxy’s Edge, a billion dollar land UNI could do for half that, as the clearly inferior TSL goes up alongside it without more net capacity added. Iger and Chapek May have recently opened the wallet, but his blind alligience to Brands/Franchises over the theme model and WDI’s utter failure to build on a budget and actually design consistent, quality work suggests we’re still in the dark ages, not unlike the Pressler years.

I want Disney theme parks, not Disney Parks™. They will come back one day, I’m a long term optimist on this one. :)

Again your negativity isn’t allowing you to look at the positives. You’re mentioned what we haven’t got with Pandora and Star Wars, and ignoring the (hopefully) 3 great E-Tickets and 2 lands which are there or there abouts as the best themed areas in any park in any place in the world. You’re attacking the use of IP, but not crediting the company for huge investments in Disneyland, WDW, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Paris. This ‘dark age’ is correcting mistakes made in previous eras, and if the dark age is tons of investment in Disney Parks across the world, then wow.

I’m capable of critical thinking, but I refuse to see the negatives in every situation.

asianway

Bad news for WDI

Walt Disney Imagineering, under the leadership of Bob Weis, will take on the responsibility of developing consumer products such as merchandise, games, publishing and apps. This is a big growth of WDI’s responsibility and he will be supported by several executives moving from Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media.
Isnt Mickey's of Glendale's merch some of the generally most well done and in demand stuff out there?

lazyboy97o

Again your negativity isn’t allowing you to look at the positives. You’re mentioned what we haven’t got with Pandora and Star Wars, and ignoring the (hopefully) 3 great E-Tickets and 2 lands which are there or there abouts as the best themed areas in any park in any place in the world. You’re attacking the use of IP, but not crediting the company for huge investments in Disneyland, WDW, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Paris. This ‘dark age’ is correcting mistakes made in previous eras, and if the dark age is tons of investment in Disney Parks across the world, then wow.

I’m capable of critical thinking, but I refuse to see the negatives in every situation.
What you’re getting is a business model that is going to implode on itself because the costs are out of control.

The Empress Lilly

Bad news for WDI

Walt Disney Imagineering, under the leadership of Bob Weis, will take on the responsibility of developing consumer products such as merchandise, games, publishing and apps. This is a big growth of WDI’s responsibility and he will be supported by several executives moving from Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media.
Oh no. Worst punch in the gut since the closure of Energy and GMR.

FigmentJedi

Bad news for WDI

Disney Kingdoms (which was a Marvel/WDI collaboration from the start and a means of attempting to repitch Museum of the Weird and Dreamfinder) and some recent stuff out of publishing like the Tales from Haunted Mansion and Adventureland books and the ride storybooks seemed like trial runs for this.

Now the question is whether they'll still be allowed to do anything with their original content...

Stevie Amsterdam

Hi guys, just returned from a Tokyo trip. It was my second time there so I was able to pay much more attention to detail than the first time. Is it me or is Harrison Hightower just Joe Rohde without the earrings?
IMG_0207.JPG

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Disney Kingdoms (which was a Marvel/WDI collaboration from the start and a means of attempting to repitch Museum of the Weird and Dreamfinder) and some recent stuff out of publishing like the Tales from Haunted Mansion and Adventureland books and the ride storybooks seemed like trial runs for this.

Now the question is whether they'll still be allowed to do anything with their original content...

Nope Disney content from the era B.I. (Before Iger) bad, Purchased for too much money IP by Iger AWESOME.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom