A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Mike S

1. Start with distance from home. Which is closer?
  2. Is your nearest IMAX a true IMAX theater or lieMAX? Check here. lieMAX tickets cost the same as the real thing so they’re a poor value.
  3. If the closest one is a lieMAX, opt for Dolby.
Personally, the closest IMAX, at the Cherry Hill Mall, is a lieMAX and the Dolby Cinema theaters haven’t really penetrated the philly market yet. But once or twice a year, I’ll endure the Schuykill expressway traffic for the King of Prussia IMAX.
What I meant was picture and sound quality. I know which IMAX is the real one around me.

bclane

So I guess IMAX is the best since mine upgraded to laser lol.
I haven’t had the pleasure of seeing IMAX laser yet but I can tell you that I used to go to IMAX exclusively but now it’s all Dolby Cinema for me. The picture and sound quality is definitely next level. I do plan to see Infinity War in IMAX though for my second viewing. I can not wait!

AEfx

Hot take: Nobody remembers the characters names in Avatar.
None of the characters from the movie are in the land, they took what people remember and put that in the land. They took the parts of the movie that made sense for the park.

Floating rocks and glowing plants. How deep.

It's funny, though, that the one thing about the film that remotely would allow it to be part of the "AK theme" (the supposed environmental message of the film) is completely lacking from its implementation into the park. Yet, Indiana Jones would be a travesty...right? LOL.

peter11435

It's funny, though, that the one thing about the film that remotely would allow it to be part of the "AK theme" (the supposed environmental message of the film) is completely lacking from its implementation into the park. Yet, Indiana Jones would be a travesty...right? LOL.
Have you not been to pandora? Because that’s the only reasonable explanation for your post.

Dizmentia

I guess you haven't experienced the briefing rooms in Flight of Passage, because not only does it talk about keystone species, but it references specific animals on Earth and habitat destruction.

Princess Leia

BP was number 1 for the fifth weekend in a row at the American box office, a feat that hasn’t been accomplished since Avatar.

Tomb Raider was second, I Can Only Imagine third, and Wrinkle in Time slipped into 4th.

Honestly, I’m not sure how BP will do next weekend (Pacific Rim 2 comes out with practically an entirely new cast and production team), but it will definitely be dethroned when Ready Player One is released.

Bairstow

I guess you haven't experienced the briefing rooms in Flight of Passage, because not only does it talk about keystone species, but it references specific animals on Earth and habitat destruction.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had, but had forgotten about it.
The environmental messaging of the entire "Avatar" area is of the blink-and-you'll-miss-it variety. There's a word or two in the queue rooms about contaminant cleanup and species introduction, but you're ushered past the "good" part of the queue so fast that there's little time to read it. The "keystone species" talk in the preshow you mentioned, combined with some stock footage of strip mining, takes up all of 4 seconds, and they don't even have time to explain what a "keystone species" is.

For what it's worth, I didn't think the Banshee even was the keystone species of Pandora's skies- isn't that the Leonopteryx?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom